Airforce changing dress code. - Page 7

Airforce changing dress code.

This is a discussion on Airforce changing dress code. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY After reading all the posts y'all have changed my mind. I now believe that anything goes is Okay as long ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: Airforce changing dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    After reading all the posts y'all have changed my mind.
    I now believe that anything goes is Okay as long as the mission gets done.
    I am enthusiastically awaiting the first cross dressing or trans-gendered soldier.
    No need to wait. Happened over 200 years ago.
    Osprey likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    No need to wait. Happened over 200 years ago.
    Yep, nothing new.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...uth-180951249/
    msgt/ret and CLASS3NH like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Heck over 240 years ago. Archeologists think that Casmir Pulaski.
    Revolution War General may have had femaleDNA if they have the correct bones analyzed.
    Only difference is that they dressed as men, not like Corporal Klinger

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Heck over 240 years ago. Archeologists think that Casmir Pulaski.
    Revolution War General may have had femaleDNA if they have the correct bones analyzed.
    Only difference is that they dressed as men, not like Corporal Klinger
    Wartime cross-dressers
    msgt/ret and CLASS3NH like this.

Well now. at least they ALL have beards..... is THIS a uniform requirement??? LOL...... Back to Basics with their Axes...LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airforce changing dress code.-beards.png  

Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Well now. at least they ALL have beards..... is THIS a uniform requirement??? LOL...... Back to Basics with their Axes...LOL
    You may laugh (as well as I) at the uniforms pictured. But this uniform would suffice the requirements of people that think everyone should look the same!
    CLASS3NH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    You may laugh (as well as I) at the uniforms pictured. But this uniform would suffice the requirements of people that think everyone should look the same!
    That's my point. Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, but it wasn't intended. It was to make a point of being Uniform...... Maybe it should be a REQUIREMENT of the USAF to have beards and turbans.... If not...then NO Facial hair or turbans...

I can also see the Tributes to others.... as in USAF Mustache March , Law Enforcement No-Shave November, and similar
    BOTH of my sons participate in the above ... After that, they shave it off.
    Osprey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I don't know about ya'll, but I ain't messing with a Foreign Legion sapper, I don't care if he's wearing a leotard and carrying a spatula! Especially that old guy up front!
    Osprey and CLASS3NH like this.

Will now allow turbans, hijabs, and beards.
    But I bet you still can't wear a cross pin on your uniform.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force...-officials-say
    Wise countries (like Switzerland) make those who come to them to live permanently assimilate. Who doesn't assimilate has to leave. Idiots assimilate to the habits of newcomers to their country, thus trashing their own heritage. It is sad to be the second, but I already got used to it, observing the crap for quite some time.

One thing that relly set me off was Obama bending and kissing paws of arab sheikhs - first thing after he took office. What displeased me even more was that no one was disgusted, so I decided that out heritage is lost, alas.
    Havok likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Or mine.
    Or this USAF vet's, either. When I was in (late 60s) we had standards for appearance, and if we did not like it, we needed not enlist.

A cynic might suggest that this is not about fairness, this is about subverting morale.

Perhaps this might be an opportune time to perform a top-to-bottom review of the personnel, assignments, responsibilities, and areas to cut within our Pentagon.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by DZUS View Post
    Or this USAF vet's, either. When I was in (late 60s) we had standards for appearance, and if we did not like it, we needed not enlist.

A cynic might suggest that this is not about fairness, this is about subverting morale.

Perhaps this might be an opportune time to perform a top-to-bottom review of the personnel, assignments, responsibilities, and areas to cut within our Pentagon.

Sorry Airman but the late sixties was then......this is NOW. Tell me how allowing a turban, on a man whose religion requires same,harms mission efficiency.
    Perhaps it helps efficiency!
    It still comes down to resistance to change PERIOD.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

N.R.A. R.S.O.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Sorry Airman but the late sixties was then......this is NOW. Tell me how allowing a turban, on a man whose religion requires same,harms mission efficiency.
    Well, Captain, that was short and sweet. What about Aircrew Positions? "My turban won't fit under my Helmet, my O2 mask interferes with my beard" or it's "against my religon" to wear Flame retardant Boots, gloves and Flightsuits.
    When it becomes a factor of Safety, does "My Rights" Trump (no pun intended) that??

Just a thought here, coming from a Dad of a Current USAF Captain and BUFF Aviator
    DZUS likes this.

is it resistance to change, or resistance to unnecessary change, while necessary changes are not made?
    DZUS likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

The services should make being clean shaven and wearing a standardized uniform a BFOQ. Shouldn't be difficult to justify.
    DZUS and KILTED COWBOY like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Really?

I would argue that a non-UNIFORM turban might just drive a wedge to severe unity of the troops, and is there for lawsuit bait.

BTW, turbans would be a hazard on the flight line, where caps are not worn due to FOD issues.

I only resist change when change takes my USAF in a questionable direction.

Last edited by DZUS; February 23rd, 2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    CLASS3NH and msgt/ret like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links