Courts value criminals more than LEO lives

This is a discussion on Courts value criminals more than LEO lives within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Los Zetas cartel hitmen ambushed two Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, killing one of them.; https://www.rightwing.org/court-slas...t=RWnewsletter...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 5 Post By pskys2
  • 5 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 3 Post By Mike1956
  • 3 Post By BlackJack
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Havok
  • 1 Post By Hoganbeg

Thread: Courts value criminals more than LEO lives

Los Zetas cartel hitmen ambushed two Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, killing one of them.;

https://www.rightwing.org/court-slas...t=RWnewsletter
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

The current trend is to reduce sentences for criminals, early release and to de-criminalize drug offences. Add in requiring no bail and you have a recipe for disaster.

My guess is with the crime statistics being at a low ebb, there is a concerted, planned effort by the Left/Progressives (aided by conservative/GOP even?) to do these "reforms" so the crime rates will rise, and dramatically if history is any indication.

After all it will easier to sell gun control, and citizen control which is their ultimate objective as guns are just a first step, when the citizenry is terrified!

So I'd not be surprised by this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Non citizens seem to get more rights and benefit of the doubt than citizens in this country.
    Look at all the municipalities who will not arrest illegals for infractions that you and I would wind up in jail for because they do not want ICE to get a hold of them.
    These guys murdered two agents in cold blood, reduce sentences, hell they should have gotten the death penalty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    How were Mexicans tried and convicted in a US court for crimes committed in Mexico? Why was an ICE agent that far into Mexico?
    airslot, OldVet and matthew03 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

So, if this stands, it sets a precedent that if a crime happens outside of the us, it is outside the jurisdiction of the US courts.

So, if you go to another country and commit what would be a crime here in the states (like say something to do with income or taxes), the US can not prosecute you because it is outside the jurisdiction of the US Courts?

Personally, as much as I hate to say it, I do agree with this ruling. If it happened outside of the jurisdiction of the US, the US should not be able to prosecute. These murders happened in Mexico and they should have been prosecuted in a Mexican court.
    airslot, Mike1956 and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    So, if this stands, it sets a precedent that if a crime happens outside of the us, it is outside the jurisdiction of the US courts.

So, if you go to another country and commit what would be a crime here in the states (like say something to do with income or taxes), the US can not prosecute you because it is outside the jurisdiction of the US Courts?

Personally, as much as I hate to say it, I do agree with this ruling. If it happened outside of the jurisdiction of the US, the US should not be able to prosecute. These murders happened in Mexico and they should have been prosecuted in a Mexican court.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    OldVet and airslot like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

But we are the world police, aren't we?
    bill35738 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

https://d31029zd06w0t6.cloudfront.ne...2020-01-21.pdf

Here is the actual court ruling. It explains why the ruling is what it is. They are not going free. They are still convicted of murder.
    Hoganbeg and msgt/ret like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Were they extradited to the US?The article is greatly lacking in information. Were they tried in Mexico? If the officers were operating lawfully within another country it seems possible that it might fall under some international agreement that they could be tried here. I tend to distrust web sites that try to drum up outrage but don't give any details.

[Thanks for the link to the actual ruling Havok. That clears things up greatly.]
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; February 20th, 2020 at 10:34 PM.
    Havok likes this.
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

That is the Democratic way. Cops don’t vote for Democrats but criminals do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like another Sicario episode. Meh . . .
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Sponsored Links