Trump Administration creates a new section within the justice Department

This is a discussion on Trump Administration creates a new section within the justice Department within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This section was formed to remove citizenship from foreign born people who have lied to get into this country or are found to be involved ...

Like Tree29Likes
  • 6 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By gnius
  • 8 Post By MMinSC
  • 1 Post By BHC
  • 5 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 3 Post By oldIthink
  • 4 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By elmacgyver0

Thread: Trump Administration creates a new section within the justice Department

VIP Member

This section was formed to remove citizenship from foreign born people who have lied to get into this country or are found to be involved with terrorism.
    Guess Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tailib should be concerned.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ists-criminals
    MMinSC, JoeyD, sdprof and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    This section was formed to remove citizenship from foreign born people who have lied to get into this country or are found to be involved with terrorism.
    That's a terrible precedent and they should be ashamed to even try. If we have a terrorist, we found prosecute the said terrorist according to our laws. They are a citizen after all. I worry that this will be used similarly to the no-fly list, to persecute people who cannot be prosecuted because of lack of evidence.
    Last edited by gnius; February 26th, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
    bigmacque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    That's a terrible precedent and they should be ashamed to even try.
    Yeah, revoking the citizenship of someone that lied to secure said citizenship is terrible. We should have no rules, laws or borders and give every child in the world a US passport at birth.
    Frodebro, 5lima30ret, OD* and 5 others like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

BHC
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Yeah, revoking the citizenship of someone that lied to secure said citizenship is terrible. We should have no rules, laws or borders and give every child in the world a US passport at birth.
    WRONG!!! Why would they need a passport?
    MMinSC likes this.

VIP Member
    That's a terrible precedent and they should be ashamed to even try. If we have a terrorist, we found prosecute the said terrorist scrolling to our laws. They are a citizen after all. I worry that this will be used similarly to the no-fly list, to persecute people who cannot be prosecuted because of lack of evidence.
    So if I understand you.
    If someone lied to get citizenship in our country and gets found out.
    We should not revoke that citizenship?
    Sorry I canít agree with that.
    Heck if you lie on a resume about your education or past work history and get the job and later are found out to have lied you should not lose your job?
    People get busted all the time for that, should they be allowed to stay in their position because the have it already?
    Thatís just a job, citizenship is a lot more important
    Havok, MMinSC, Frodebro and 2 others like this.

Sorry, the link in the OP isn't valid anymore. Here's one that works

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Unfortunately, Taillib-eral is Full Born American. That's what makes her much more dangerous. She's a virtual traitor.

That's a terrible precedent and they should be ashamed to even try. If we have a terrorist, we found prosecute the said terrorist scrolling to our laws. They are a citizen after all. I worry that this will be used similarly to the no-fly list, to persecute people who cannot be prosecuted because of lack of evidence.
    This is nearly incomprehensible, but if I read it correctly you are saying that a person that lied, that committed illegal acts beyond that lying, that they should be allowed to keep their citizenship?

First sentence: Why?

Second length of connected characters including third complete sentence: (Interpretation as near as I can get it.) "If we found we have a terrorist, we should prosecute said terrorist according to our laws. (I hope that's close)
    Agreed. The question remains; are they actually citizens IF they lied to get citizenship?

My answer is NO! So, since lying on a government form to get something is illegal, they should now be prosecuted for two crimes and then deported never to be allowed to return.

Forth sentence: Will it be used with the no-fly list?

I hope so. I remember four planes in one day doing catastrophic damage to the fabric of our nation. Our government's job is not to persecute however. If there is a lack of evidence then there is just an annoyance for the individual. Too bad!

Personally, I don't see a problem with this new section. Those that are legal and honest, and otherwise cannot be considered as felons, have very little to worry about. I'm sure there will be an occasional miscarriage of justice, there almost always is, but the intent of the actions of this new section are worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by oldIthink View Post
    This is nearly incomprehensible, but if I read it correctly you are saying that a person that lied, that committed illegal acts beyond that lying, that they should be allowed to keep their citizenship?

First sentence: Why?
    Firstly, sorry about the autocorrect - I posted on the phone and what came out was not what I intended.

Secondly - I think that "lying" on a form can be a rather nebulous space, since a data entry error can cause a document to be incorrect without ill intent.

Forth sentence: Will it be used with the no-fly list?

I hope so. I remember four planes in one day doing catastrophic damage to the fabric of our nation. Our government's job is not to persecute however. If there is a lack of evidence then there is just an annoyance for the individual. Too bad!
    I guess the "incomprehensible" writing is a communicable disease.
    Are you saying that it's an inconvenience if someone gets deported who is innocent, in the absence of a conviction for a crime? That's not an inconvenience, that's destroying someone's life maliciously.
    Personally, I don't see a problem with this new section. Those that are legal and honest [...] have very little to worry about.
    Is that like "if you're innocent you should have nothing to hide"?
    I'm sure there will be an occasional miscarriage of justice, there almost always is, but the intent of the actions of this new section are worthwhile.
    So is every proposed gun law, especially the red flag laws, etc.
    Sure, there will be an occasional miscarriage of justice, but the intent is worthwhile... right?
    Are you kidding me: this is the worst kind of hypocrisy to appear on this board. You appear to support persecutions of immigrants because you simply don't like them.

If someone is convicted of treason, supporting foreign terrorists, etc - then sure, you can consider revoking their citizenship. But to create a "section" dedicated to doing that is akin to the DHS - empowering single individuals to wield unregulated power, capable of ruining people's lives, who have little recourse.

No thanks, I'll take the constitution please.

VIP Member
    If you lie to gain citizenship, it should be revoked.
    The Constitution is for American Citizens only regardless of what the left is trying to say that it is for everyone around the world.

We The People of The United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice,insure Domestic Tranquility, Provide for the Common Defense,Promote the General Welfare, and Secure the Blessings of Liberty to Ourselves and our Posterity do Ordain and establish The Constitution of The United States of America.

Nowhere does it give our constitutionally protected right to people all over the world.
    If you break the law, and lying on an official Federal document , should get your fraudulent citizenship revoked.
    Try lying on your application to purchase a gun and see where that get you.

I don't see a problem with this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

If you lie to gain citizenship you should be deported.
    What I don't understand is why it takes a special section to do this.
    MMinSC likes this.

Sponsored Links