Gun Owners of America Applies for Red Flag Order for Charles Schumer

This is a discussion on Gun Owners of America Applies for Red Flag Order for Charles Schumer within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can you imagine if one of us had made a public threat like this? I doubt anything will happen, just like the failure to prosecute ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Gun Owners of America Applies for Red Flag Order for Charles Schumer

Can you imagine if one of us had made a public threat like this? I doubt anything will happen, just like the failure to prosecute Comey, Strzoek, Page, Clinton, Lerner, etc. But one can dream!

Gun Owners of America Applies for a Red Flag Order for Senator Charles Schumer

In the wake of Senator Chuck Schumer’s threat against two Supreme Court Justices…

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you, if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Gun Owners of America have sent a letter and “red flag” order application to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo requesting a Temporary Extreme Risk Protection Order for the Senator.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...arles-schumer/
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Not really sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it’s funny. However, red flag laws are not ok just because I don’t like the person.
    G26Raven, Osprey, Bikenut and 2 others like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Not really sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it’s funny. However, red flag laws are not ok just because I don’t like the person.
    I'm no fan of red flag laws either. Not sure whether they did this just to make a point, or what.
    Mike Tyson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I do find this funny. However, I don’t like the precedent. I do wonder though, if this will wake them up to the fallacy of this whole idea and the scrap it. One can dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    I do find this funny. However, I don’t like the precedent. I do wonder though, if this will wake them up to the fallacy of this whole idea and the scrap it. One can dream.
    Nothing is going to stop the progressives from their perpetual march to ban all firearms from civilian ownership. Nothing. It took me awhile to understand that, but it's true.
    Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Nothing is going to stop the progressives from their perpetual march to ban all firearms from civilian ownership. Nothing. It took me awhile to understand that, but it's true.
    Glad you woke up to the “tinfoil conspiracy theory”.

Many still don’t get it.

G26Raven, OD*, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Many still don’t get it.
    Yeah, I came to guns late in life at the age of 57. I was a "liberal" with a small "L" as a friend puts in, before I truly understood what was happening in our culture.
    Mike Tyson

Yeah, I came to guns late in life at the age of 57. I was a "liberal" with a small "L" as a friend puts in, before I truly understood what was happening in our culture.
    Welcome aboard, brother.

It’s never too late to awaken.

G26Raven, OperatorJ, OD* and 2 others like this.

False. 140 million gun owners say otherwise.

Molon Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    False. 140 million gun owners say otherwise. Molon Abe.
    I did not say they will achieve their goal (but they might). But they will not stop trying.
    Mike Tyson

I did not say they will achieve their goal (but they might). But they will not stop trying.
    Fair point. That is a given. I fear it would take a full on revolution to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post

Many still don’t get it.

Unfortunately many still don't understand elections really are one issue affairs. Voting for a candidate because of their pro stance on reproductive rights, alternate lifestyles, foreign policy, or fiscal policy while ignoring their anti gun stance is foolish since without guns to protect "we the people" from "them the government" we would have no say at all in anything. And I think we are very close to exactly that already.

Yes I am a one issue voter. Damn right I am because if the right to keep and bear arms falls all the other rights fall with it. And I firmly believe all the rhetoric spewed by candidates is designed to keep that simple truth hidden.

I hope GOA hoists Shumer on the left's own petard because while I hate the concept of red flag laws using their own weapons against them seems appropriate.
    G26Raven, OD*, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

I'm no fan of red flag laws either. Not sure whether they did this just to make a point, or what.
    I’m thinking so, but Chuck and the other goons know that these laws are just for us peasants, and all the liberal voters who support them will never understand it.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Can you imagine if one of us had made a public threat like this? I doubt anything will happen, just like the failure to prosecute Comey, Strzoek, Page, Clinton, Lerner, etc. But one can dream!
    Freedom from prosecution, no matter what you do, is the hallmark of being part of the deep state. Chuck is part of it so he's fine.

Good article on ZH this morning about Waco as the day the deep state went public and stopped bothering to try and hide.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...aco-deep-state

Chuck, just like the rest get to do whatever they want with the assurance that there will be zero consequences. No matter what.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Unfortunately many still don't understand elections really are one issue affairs. Voting for a candidate because of their pro stance on reproductive rights, alternate lifestyles, foreign policy, or fiscal policy while ignoring their anti gun stance is foolish since without guns to protect "we the people" from "them the government" we would have no say at all in anything.
    I disagree. Allowing progressives to have sway in every other issue will lead either to oligarchy or mob rule, and depending on private gun ownership alone to reverse it is excessively hopeful. There's a lot more that's required for freedom to survive, and we can't afford to be myopic.

I think this is supported historically in the fact that the 2A and slavery coexisted in this country for about four generations, and slavery wasn't ended by a popular uprising.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links