National Guard activated in 27 states

This is a discussion on National Guard activated in 27 states within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The National Guard in 27 states, plus Puerto Rico, have been activated to help with the coronavirus. Soldiers are getting special training and protective equipment. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: National Guard activated in 27 states

The National Guard in 27 states, plus Puerto Rico, have been activated to help with the coronavirus. Soldiers are getting special training and protective equipment. All 50 states have declared emergencies, which is considered a precursor to Guard mobilization, so it could happen in some or all of the other states soon.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/c...ions-by-state/
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    Such insanity, and un-constitutional acts, being taken over a flu virus that isn't even a bad strain.
    viney266 and baren like this.

Everyone is too chicken to challenge the actions of the state.

Far more worrisome than a virus, is the overreaction of the people, and their willingness to give up more freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Gloom and doom!!!! Oh my!
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I may not open carry for a while. Even though AZ isn't on the list, yet. And we're in a remote corner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    I may not open carry for a while. Even though AZ isn't on the list, yet. And we're in a remote corner.

Valhalla!

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Such insanity, and un-constitutional acts, being taken over a flu virus that isn't even a bad strain.
    It is a novel corona virus. We don't know if it will bad "bad" yet, but it appears to be possible given the transmission rates.
    wdbailey, OD*, G26Raven and 7 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    I'm from the government, I am here to help you.
    Do not fear, we will reinstate the constitution after the crisis has ended.
    I guess they forgot the constitution is there to protect us during a crisis more than at any other time.
    Stay wary my brothers.
    Interesting days ahead.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    CV-19 vs the flu:

"So far, the new coronavirus has led to more than 220,000 illnesses and more than 9,300 deaths worldwide. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has caused an estimated 36 million illnesses, 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."
    demanic, baren and LimaCharlie like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    The difference between the "flu" and C19 is that we have a much better understanding of the flu and how it will behave. C-19 is a single entity and the 'flu' is a lot of different entities. We have vaccines or can generate vaccines for the most prevalent types of epidemic causing flu (all Type A, of which there are 29 subtypes, but are continually changing). Types B tend not to cause epidemics per se, but are just as dangerous at the individual level. We develop vaccines for these. Type C, no vaccines, but not as much of a threat. In 2018-2019, the flu vaccine was actually a vaccine for 4 differ strains, two Type A and two Type B, and that was just for the northern hemisphere. There is a Type D flu, but it generally does not infect people.

C19 is new single type, comparatively poorly understood, and we have no vaccine.

C19 has a higher death rate per infection than the various combined flu varieties. C19 kills 2-3% overall. Flu kills 0.1% overall.

Imagine C19 to be more like H1N1 flu, if we didn't have a vaccine for it and it was several times more lethal. Note that despite being more than 10 years behind us, H1N1 part of the current flu vaccines given.

C19 Heat Map of confirmed cases...
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Actually this may be the ideal time to OC, especially if most of those who carry did this. It would help send a message to the public at large that this is a legal activity in many states, and to the police and other enforcement agencies that we are armed and vigilant. Remember, when in the performance of their duties, police do not have the right to carry. They have the authority to do this which they receive from us. We, on the other hand DO have the right to carry. Doing to openly in times such as this both reminds and renews this most fundamental right in the eyes of the public at large and of our servants.
    baren and Bad Bob like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Actually this may be the ideal time to OC, especially if most of those who carry did this. It would help send a message to the public at large that this is a legal activity in many states, and to the police and other enforcement agencies that we are armed and vigilant. Remember, when in the performance of their duties, police do not have the right to carry. They have the authority to do this which they receive from us. We, on the other hand DO have the right to carry. Doing to openly in times such as this both reminds and renews this most fundamental right in the eyes of the public at large and of our servants.
    Oh I'm with you on that. OC is common here and nobody bats an eye.
    But if National Guard is roaming around, 3 M-16 > 1 Beretta

matthew03 and baren like this.

VIP Member
    True, maybe instead of putting my Christmas lights back up I will open carry
    I have noticed that the cops around here are not pulling people over left and right for speeding as they usually do.
    Guess they do not want to interact if they do not have to. So that is a plus.
    Wish I had my GTO again.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    IFF it is legal where you are.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Oh I'm with you on that. OC is common here and nobody bats an eye.
    But if National Guard is roaming around, 3 M-16 > 1 Beretta

Every time I've seen the Guard respond to civil disturbances, they've had empty mags if any at all.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links