FBI: State-Level Coronavirus Shutdowns Could Impact Firearm Transfer Times

This is a discussion on FBI: State-Level Coronavirus Shutdowns Could Impact Firearm Transfer Times within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We all know this is not the time to buy a gun. Obviously, this is going to impact the people who are panic buying, if ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By Havok
  • 2 Post By LimaCharlie
  • 2 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 2 Post By Pete63
  • 1 Post By LimaCharlie
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 2 Post By craze
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Hoganbeg

Thread: FBI: State-Level Coronavirus Shutdowns Could Impact Firearm Transfer Times

We all know this is not the time to buy a gun. Obviously, this is going to impact the people who are panic buying, if there are any guns left on the shelves.

The FBI is warning that state-level shutdowns due to the coronavirus may delay the background checks required to purchase a new or used handgun at retail.

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) gives one of three responses when a background check for a gun purchase is performed. It either gives an approval; a fail, which means no sale; or a delay, which means the instant review can be extended up to three business days for further records checks on the would-be buyer.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ransfer-times/
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Another reason there should be no background checks.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

When you really need one, you may not get one.
    G26Raven and Pete63 like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I ordered a Henry rifle 10 days ago. The company says they ship in 5-7 business days, but so far no email saying they had. I don't find this surprising in view of many on line gun and ammo shops saying there are delays in shipping due to demand volume. I also expect I will encounter a slow NICS when I go to pick it up, and I might actually have to go back later to retrieve it. Since this is a "fun gun" and not necessary for home defense, I can be patient with the process this time around.
    G26Raven and Pete63 like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    I had been looking to buy the "LAST" gun on my "master list" of wanted firearms. The gun dealer I prefer had been out for 3-4 months. Wouldn't you know it, I got an email yesterday mourning saying they were in stock. What a "NIGHTMARE" trying to contact them yesterday!!!! I was on the phone ALL day yesterday, on hold, & then continuously be hung-up/bumped off! Called this mourning, and after 10 minute hold, was get-to-go! Won't have to worry, as:

A. Sale complete, and it'll ship next week!

B. WITH my "Texas CHL", no NICS, and I just fill out a 4473 and pick up my rifle. (he/my local FFL live's .9 mi. from me, so I could walk down there! )
    DownInTheDark and G26Raven like this.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I just received an email from Davidson's Gallery of Guns that they are suspending orders and to contact your local dealer to order.
    Pete63 likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I just received an email from Davidson's Gallery of Guns that they are suspending orders and to contact your local dealer to order.
    That's not going to be happy news for a lot of folks.
    Pete63 likes this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Something to keep in mind ordering a gun online is to know what your ffl's policy is regarding delays. They CAN release a firearm after 3 days in the event of a delay even with no response from the feds but they don't have to release the firearm. Some will not transfer until they get an answer even if it takes days or weeks.
    G26Raven and Hoganbeg like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Gee, the FBI figured that out, huh? Sharp fellows, they are.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I wouldn't put it beyond them to deliberately slow the process. They have already stopped online requests under the FOIA (due to the corona virus!) and will only accept requests via snail mail. Justice Watch has the details.
    G26Raven and demanic like this.
    ...You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself "hands behind the back" toddle into our Archipelago. ---Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Sponsored Links