Trump says he's considering short-term quarantine of parts of New York, NJ, CT

This is a discussion on Trump says he's considering short-term quarantine of parts of New York, NJ, CT within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Trump says he's considering short-term quarantine of parts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Now, I am not saying if this is a good thing ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Trump says he's considering short-term quarantine of parts of New York, NJ, CT

Trump says he's considering short-term quarantine of parts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut

Now, I am not saying if this is a good thing or bad thing. All I have to say about announcing ahead of time is that Trump did not see any disaster movies.

Disaster movie 101: DO NOT TELL THE PEOPLE THEY WILL BE QUARANTINED WITH A DEADLY VIRUS AHEAD OF TIME!!! The first thing they do is bug out to the rest of the country!

I hope the government would not make decisions based on disaster movies. Maybe he wants them to move to areas where there still available hospital resources, especially ventilators.

Personally, I'd like to see NY, NJ and CA quarantined permanently!

Also, if people haven't left those areas because they were already dung-piles, why would they leave over this?
    Walk Soft, hogdaddy, mkh and 3 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    I wish he would permanently quarantine NY and CA:)

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Texas has been wishing for a quarantine on Kommiefornia for years......
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

As I understand, the quarantine of new york was heavily researched a couple of decades ago. The principal investigator of this project was a researcher named Snake Plissken. He was able to demonstrate that even the most quarantined sections of new york could have weaknesses when the investigator was injected with an explosive device. Nonetheless, I think we should re-evaluate and start building a quarantine wall around NYC. This time we could arm the watchtowers with remote file guns.
    DZUS, hogdaddy, Osprey and 3 others like this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

Senior Moderator
    Now is better than later. Now is better than never. We already have too many up here two months early.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Looks like Trump backed off on this. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ey-connecticut
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Looks like Trump backed off on this. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ey-connecticut

Too bad!
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

VIP Member
    "We are going to build a wall, a big, beautiful wall, the greatest wall ever built, and California is going to pay for it."

Marc_Brooks and NECCdude like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I propose a new law: If you live in CA, NY, NJ, you have until you are 29 to move out. If you haven't figured it out by then, we don't want you to spread the disease.
    Frodebro and OD* like this.
    Psalm 144:1

I moved out when I was about 26. But what good did it do me? I wound up in Illinois
    OD* likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ in My Tho at the Seminary. 1967-1969

I just hope people do not rush too fast for a vaccine that could be potentially more dangerous. We probably do go a bit overboard on the safe side for drug testing, but maybe that is not such a bad thing.

It reminds me of the episode "The Cure" in the TV show "Seven Days" (I loved that show, and can be watched on YouTube!)

Scientist creates a vaccine for cancer, everyone in the world gets it, then the whole world dies from after effects.

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Trump says he's considering short-term quarantine of parts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut

Now, I am not saying if this is a good thing or bad thing. All I have to say about announcing ahead of time is that Trump did not see any disaster movies.

Disaster movie 101: DO NOT TELL THE PEOPLE THEY WILL BE QUARANTINED WITH A DEADLY VIRUS AHEAD OF TIME!!! The first thing they do is bug out to the rest of the country!
    Make it permanent. Maybe that will keep them from moving to Florida and screwing up our politics. They all seem to move into South Florida and then start voting for the same kinds of junk (not the word I wanted to use but at least it will get by the censors) and messing up our state. I'll never understand why people move somewhere to get away from something then try to make their new home just like their old home.
    Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap he's up!"

The NY quarantine fence gate has been open too long already. That herd of virus is long gone.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I've never been to Florida. I had my fill of heat and bugs in the delta years ago.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ in My Tho at the Seminary. 1967-1969

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links