AZ Prison Employees Banned From Wearing Masks Because They Might Scare Inmates

This is a discussion on AZ Prison Employees Banned From Wearing Masks Because They Might Scare Inmates within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We've all heard some stupid things since Covid-19 became big news, but this one has to be the topper. You have to read the whole ...

Like Tree27Likes
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 4 Post By m5215
  • 4 Post By Osprey
  • 4 Post By OldChap
  • 4 Post By WebleyHunter
  • 3 Post By sdprof
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By gasmitty

Thread: AZ Prison Employees Banned From Wearing Masks Because They Might Scare Inmates

We've all heard some stupid things since Covid-19 became big news, but this one has to be the topper. You have to read the whole story to appreciate the extent of the stupidity...

Phoenix, AZ An Arizona Department of Corrections lieutenant has filed a whistleblower complaint alleging that the department has refused to allow employees to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during the novel coronavirus outbreak because doing so might scare the inmates.

Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry (ADCRR) Lieutenant Mark Hasz sent the whistleblower letter to Arizona Governor Doug Ducey and Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) Dr. Cara Christ on March 26.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...MUzTayXQc9Vbmc
    OldChap, airslot, OldVet and 1 others like this.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

How about disarming the officers. The guns could after all upset the inmates.

The funny thing is that the mask (if a simple mask) is mostly to protect others, not the individual wearing the mask. This screws the prisoners over more if a guard is carrying something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Were I the governor of AZ I would immediately put every prisoner to making masks - whether they're ever needed or not!

When we ran out of materials to make masks, I would put them to work breaking rocks into pebbles. And when we ran out of rocks, I'd put the Dept of Corrections bureaucrats to work in an ER.
    G26Raven, OldVet, airslot and 1 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

The stupid is strong with them...
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Awww, we can't scare the widdle pwisoners. (said in a Bugs Bunny voice)

What a crock of smelly stuff.
    G26Raven, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Senior Moderator
    Wow. Just...wow.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    The official response is there there are no confirmed cases of covid-19 among the inmate population so far. I didn't see anything actually prohibiting staff from using PPE... that may be just hyperbole. Don't immediately believe everything you read - "trust, but verify."
    M1911A1 and G26Raven like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

In Virginia, it is technically a felony to wear a mask in public "with intent to conceal identity." The law was enacted in the 50's to combat the KKK. The hypocrisy of the law was demonstrated on VCDL Lobby Day in January when multiple militia groups showed up OC'ing ARs and wearing balaclavas and bandannas that covered their faces. The cops did not mess with them, probably due to an order from on high.

But a young black gal who was local and I don't even think was part of the rally got arrested under the law. She even showed her face to officers and told them she was just trying to keep warm. It was bitter cold that day, but they arrested her anyway and she was charged. The charges were dropped based on pressure from the ACLU.

The law only makes an exception for health emergencies if the governor specifically makes an exception. Our governor has declared a state of emergency, but he did not make an exception to the mask rule. I doubt anyone would get arrested for a medical mask during the quarantine, but technically, they could.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Sponsored Links