National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island - Page 3

National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island

This is a discussion on National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RedSafety Let's work this through. Mr. and Mrs. Zebra with their two children came into the state Wednesday and they are infected. ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree463Likes

Thread: National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Let's work this through. Mr. and Mrs. Zebra with their two children came into the state Wednesday and they are infected. Gestapo comes along and arrests them, exposing a minimum of eight Gestapo members to the virus. They are all put in three jail populations, exposing those whole populations of prisoners and workers to the virus. What a genius way to stop the spread of this foul-tasting beer virus! Exactly the intelligence, or lack thereof, of the typical liberal.
    They'll just let all the other inmates go. Only people allowed in jail will be quarantine breakers.
    OD*, Mjolnir, Redbert31 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    InTexas we have the State Troopers on all border checkpoints with Louisiana.
    Stopping all vehicles taking names and ID. Informing them that in Texas they will need to self quarantine for two weeks and finding out where they are staying.
    Not sure if they are checking in on them, do they have the manpower.
    Yes it is comical how many liberals are coming to the conclusion that border security matters
    OD*, OldChap, NECCdude and 3 others like this.

COVID-19 had already killed far more New Yorkers than 9/11 did. It's an emergency situation, and government takes strong actions during emergency situations that it normally wouldn't.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over checkpoints during an emergency. It has no bearing on what happens afterwards, it's not a precedent, it's not new powers for government. The power being exercised now has existed in every state from the beginning of history. The key is that it must go dormant again after the emergency passes, and so far I've seen nothing to make me worry about that.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'm not going to get bent out of shape over checkpoints during an emergency. It has no bearing on what happens afterwards, it's not a precedent, it's not new powers for government. The power being exercised now has existed in every state from the beginning of history. The key is that it must go dormant again after the emergency passes, and so far I've seen nothing to make me worry about that.
    Just like airport security checkpoints.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinoble1 View Post

Just like airport security checkpoints.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One schizophrenic, one time tried to make his shoes blow up while on an aircraft and the rest of have us been passing through body scanners in our stocking feet ever since.
    OD*, G-man*, Dinoble1 and 12 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    InTexas we have the State Troopers on all border checkpoints with Louisiana.
    Stopping all vehicles taking names and ID. Informing them that in Texas they will need to self quarantine for two weeks and finding out where they are staying.
    Not sure if they are checking in on them, do they have the manpower.
    Yes it is comical how many liberals are coming to the conclusion that border security matters
    How long before the criminal element figures out that LEO's aren't in their usual neighborhoods? Seems like a recipe for disaster.

I'm on the edge of the at risk group, so the wife and I would've tried to stay put regardless. But the reactions by "all" of the powers to be makes me more uneasy than the virus.

I think Trump had it right on his first response, then the TDS/MSM went BSC and he was forced to take this path or risk all he has attained so far.

Remember Bill Mahr and other Never Trumpers were rooting for a recession just a few months ago to be rid of Trump. Can we really trust their reactions to anything at this point?

I'm having a frain bart...wasn't there a bad thing that happened in Berlin during the '30s that precipitated a Nazi power grab? Some building caught on fire or got blown up? I'll be darned if I can bring that to mind. Without remembering the details of that event, manufactured or not, doesn't it seem as though those who lust for power use negative events to seize it?
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Having grown up in RI, in a small coastal town, with a large number of the summer residents, I can understand a little bit how the Rhodies are thinking. While in College I was in the RIARNG and also a reserve officer for the Westerly PD, working full time during the summers. Most of the out of staters properties are in the beach towns.

1. NY is a hotspot for the virus
    2. Most of these small towns are not equipped to handle this level of emergency.

My town for instance (Westerly, RI) had a winter population of under 20K, which doubles in the summer. Our local hospital has something like 125 beds (friend of mine back home is a nurse there).

I suspect that just like other vacation hotspots here's a little bit of class warfare going on. My home town for instance was like a miniature Newport RI, lots of "old" money, complete with summer houses that are mansions by normal standards with maids, staffs, large yachts, etc. There's already the normal amount of animosity for the summer folks, due to increased traffic, summer prices etc.

Add to it coming early and possibly bringing the virus with them.....There's similar reactions being observed in other locales that are host to large numbers of seasonal residents.
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    COVID-19 had already killed far more New Yorkers than 9/11 did. It's an emergency situation, and government takes strong actions during emergency situations that it normally wouldn't.

9/11 was a day where people went to work like normal and thousands of people were murdered because of our freedoms. We have since chipped away at those freedoms. The terrorists won. This is not the same as a virus and the comparisons are absolutely ridiculous. However, if people are so dead set on making them to compare body counts, We lose more people every year to the flu than we have on 9/11, at Pearl Harbor, in Iraq, and Afghanistan put together.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

They are turning up the heat on the pot with the frog in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Having grown up in RI, in a small coastal town, with a large number of the summer residents, I can understand a little bit how the Rhodies are thinking. While in College I was in the RIARNG and also a reserve officer for the Westerly PD, working full time during the summers. Most of the out of staters properties are in the beach towns.

1. NY is a hotspot for the virus
    2. Most of these small towns are not equipped to handle this level of emergency.

My town for instance (Westerly, RI) had a winter population of under 20K, which doubles in the summer. Our local hospital has something like 125 beds (friend of mine back home is a nurse there).

I suspect that just like other vacation hotspots here's a little bit of class warfare going on. My home town for instance was like a miniature Newport RI, lots of "old" money, complete with summer houses that are mansions by normal standards with maids, staffs, large yachts, etc. There's already the normal amount of animosity for the summer folks, due to increased traffic, summer prices etc.

Add to it coming early and possibly bringing the virus with them.....There's similar reactions being observed in other locales that are host to large numbers of seasonal residents.
    We have the same kind of hostility here. Summer people are treating this as a vacation! The summer people are even Carping that their sumer maid service won't come and clean for them! DR
    Chuck R., Grizzly2 and Redbert31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simple_man17 View Post
    They are turning up the heat on the pot with the frog in it...
    And taking notice that the frog likes it.
    simple_man17 and Redbert31 like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Lead Moderator
    Rule No. 1 of Conspiracy Theories.

If it's actually happening its no longer a theory.

It's a reality.
    Last edited by HotGuns; April 12th, 2020 at 08:24 PM.
    OD*, Havok, OldChap and 10 others like this.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

We need to seek out a reliable source for signs proclaiming our property is MINED - such as @OldVet uses to keep the miscreants at bay.
    montejames and Redbert31 like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    We have the same kind of hostility here. Summer people are treating this as a vacation! The summer people are even Carping that their sumer maid service won't come and clean for them! DR
    Looks like it's catching on:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tourist...ns-11586165401

From Sedona, Ariz., to the Florida Keys, tourist spots across the country are trying to figure out ways to keep outsiders from bringing the new coronavirus with them. In some cases, that means taking aggressive steps like banning people who own second homes from their own property. In other cases, it means shutting down key access points. Full-time residents in these communities say their health-care systems weren’t built to handle pandemics and shutting out visitors is the only way to avoid disaster.
    homo homini lupus est

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links