National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island

This is a discussion on National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This sounds like something conspiracy theorists would say might happen, but it's happening. I'm still struggling for words to comment on this. You will note ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree463Likes

Thread: National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island

This sounds like something conspiracy theorists would say might happen, but it's happening. I'm still struggling for words to comment on this. You will note most of these Guardsmen are armed.

Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Gotta keep those rats on their sinking ship.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Perhaps the One World Order is in charge now and China was just the tool. Me thinks the Government is enjoying this "Power Trip" way too much.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Boy, could you raise havoc with those "I love NY" stickers. Maybe at the statehouse....
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ in My Tho at the Seminary. 1967-1969

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Perhaps the One World Order is in charge now and China was just the tool. Me thinks the Government is enjoying this "Power Trip" way too much.
    I, like many other people, am in the camp that thinks there are a lot of things going on that have absolutely nothing to do with COVID, but it’s just the excuse they are using.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I, like many other people, am in the camp that thinks there are a lot of things going on that have absolutely nothing to do with COVID, but it’s just the excuse they are using.
    I don't disagree, but my big question is, an excuse for what? I don't see what these politicians are getting out of it other than to show they are doing something. One thing that is obvious is that politicians are showing us clearly their true colors on the Constitution. It is obvious some value it and some don't. I think all the PR backpedaling is interesting. The worse the abuses, the more contrived explanations they seem to have for how this does not violate people's rights.

In this Rhode Island situation, they actually have NY Gov. Cuomo complaining RI has gone over the top and threatening to sue. If you have violated rights to the extent that Cuomo thinks you've gone too far, you are really out on the fringe.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Prepare Patriots as the Demo`s are after us Now!. Watch!.
    zonker1986 and Redbert31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I don't disagree, but my big question is, an excuse for what? I don't see what these politicians are getting out of it other than to show they are doing something. One thing that is obvious is that politicians are showing us clearly their true colors on the Constitution. It is obvious some value it and some don't. I think all the PR backpedaling is interesting. The worse the abuses, the more contrived explanations they seem to have for how this does not violate people's rights.

In this Rhode Island situation, they actually have NY Gov. Cuomo complaining RI has gone over the top and threatening to sue. If you have violated rights to the extent that Cuomo thinks you've gone too far, you are really out on the fringe.
    Practice to see what the subjects will tolerate. This virus is not bringing anywhere close to the doom we were told it was, but they keep trying to keep people in fear, despite the constant flood of evidence showing the opposite of what they are saying. Many precedents have been set now, and not a single one of them are good. I’ve heard several people argue against me and tell me how this isn’t a time to talk about rights, we need to take care of the virus and then we can have them back. That scares me much more than the virus. The term “virus” will be added just below the word “terrorism” to the list of buzzwords where people will give up their rights as fast as possible for some perception of safety.

As far as Cuomo, are we sure there isn’t an altering motive for him being against it?
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    There is so much wrong with the escalation of things in Rhode Island, I don't even know where to begin. That's bad, very bad. I can think of at least two of the original constitutional protections being violated.
    lordofwyr and Redbert31 like this.

I'm just waiting for all these states to realize what a hit their state taxes are taking from all the disruption of commerce. It will be devastating for many of them, some going into bankruptcy.
    OD*, matthew03, M1911A1 and 8 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I don't disagree, but my big question is, an excuse for what? I don't see what these politicians are getting out of it other than to show they are doing something. One thing that is obvious is that politicians are showing us clearly their true colors on the Constitution.
    This is their opportunity for a trial run. How scary does the threat have to be, to make people not only give up their rights, but to even get them to inform on their neighbors and clear store shelves of goods?

Apparently not very scary at all. I have long feared that there is not much hope for our urbanized, convenience-addicted culture. Now I know for sure there is none.

It will take only a very small push, in a relatively easily-contrived "emergency", to turn our major cities into Venezuela. That is the reality of where we're at. Take note, folks.

I am going to accept my "stimulus" money, and ALL of it is going towards my fledgling career as a "prepper"...
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

VIP Member
    Extraordinary measures in the desperate hope that they may make it not rain.
    OD*, lordofwyr, ugh762x39 and 1 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    The community I live in was originally founded as an anarchist colony, back in the late 1800's. An undercurrent of anti-government sentiment has survived here among some, even until modern times.

With this current situation though, the number of folks in this community who have "the authorities" on speed dial, and are constantly on the lookout for people they can report for "violations" of whatever draconian measure is currently in place, combined with the public shaming, insulting, and coercive threatening of anyone who even questions what the government is doing here, has made it clear that this ethos is truly dead.

This is a rural community, so if things break down someday (I don't think this COVID thing will be "it"), it will take some time for things to get bad here, but it is now clear to me that when I am able, I need to get further away from heavily populated areas than I currently am. A LOT further away.

That is the thing that really has me scared in all of this... Watching the neighbors I thought I knew become people I cannot trust... ever...

Mike, I think that Aprill quote in your signature line has suddenly become very real to me.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Fine, not trucks in or out. See how long this treason lasts with zero supplies from out of state.
    M1911A1, ctr, lordofwyr and 3 others like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I cannot give much credibility to some ditzy Youtuber. Like Maas says, "Don't answer the door."
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links