KY Bill HB 531 to allow permitless concealed carry - Page 2

KY Bill HB 531 to allow permitless concealed carry

This is a discussion on KY Bill HB 531 to allow permitless concealed carry within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey fellas, I am now not sure about the gun in car on schools grounds. The bill does strike out current language spelling out that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: KY Bill HB 531 to allow permitless concealed carry

Hey fellas, I am now not sure about the gun in car on schools grounds. The bill does strike out current language spelling out that it is ok, and replaces it with language in another section that doesnt mention schools but says ok to have gun on parking lot of posted place. So I dunno, definitely not as clear as current law. But signs do have weight of law, and punishable, and instead of recognizing every and all states permit ksp negotiates reciprocity. Also empowers local governments to post any building that they administer, with of course weight of law.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I just spoke with a co sponsor of the bill.
    That rep was urged by NRA members to sponsor the bill who as usual didnt read past "permitless carry".
    He had only been given a summery of the bill .
    He is now aware of the sign issue and other issues with the bill. And unless fixed will eithdraw his sponsorship.
    Without him it likely dies in commitee.
    Excellent news.

I just saw a post about this bill on a local forum, and the OP supported it despite all the downsides. His reasoning? As a current CCDW instructor, he believed everyone should have to take the class to carry a gun period, not just concealed. That tells me one of two things. He's either a full on 2A hypocrite, or he's looking to make as much money off of gun owners as he can. Either way, I let him know how wrong he was.
    Ghost1958 and Aceoky like this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I spoke today with one of the heavy hitters co sponsoring the bill.
    He was given a summery if the bill which like every place else it was presented as a permitless carry bill. Period.
    Today one other person and myself made him aware of the bad issues in the bill.
    Unless those provisions are written out of the bill he will with draw his sponsorship.
    Reps cosponsoring the bill dont are not being made aware of the bad issues in the bill.
    They are simply trusting that if NRA supports it its a good bill and hopping on board because of a flood of lock step NRA members who read the NRA summary, dont know what is in the bill, but called or emailed demanding they cosponsor.
    Two bills. One House, One Senate. One proposed by a Dem house rep the other by a GOP senate member. The bills match each other word for word. Need I say more?
    This bill was written not by any rep in this state. Just proposed at the behest of an outside influence IMO.

I suggest after speaking with this cosponsor that every ky member here call the office of or email each house judicuary member.
    Point out this is an acceptable bill only if ky gun sign laws stay as is, and clarification if a school is an organization as mentioned in sec 3.
    Reprocity if you read the bill really does not change in any real way that matters, only timing of contacting states . KSP still handles reciprosity.
    With those things written out of the bill its a good bill.
    But we need make contact with the House Judicuary members and inform them what is needed.
    Ianthin, nlyric, Aceoky and 1 others like this.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming. Itll run over you anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I just got off phone with brother . He checked and told me at present these bills not going any where . But to still call and voice your concern . He said many bills are backing up waiting for committee hearings and their running out of time . Remember their only in session for 60 days
    Aceoky likes this.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com

1911's forever !!

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    Anybody notice that this was introduced by Democrats? I bet they were Eastern KY reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and thought ....It Can't Be .

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The senate bill which mirrors the house bill was submitted by a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The senate bill which mirrors the house bill was submitted by a Republican.

The Dem imtriducing the House bill?
    Far western end of the state I believe.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    I just got off phone with brother . He checked and told me at present these bills not going any where . But to still call and voice your concern . He said many bills are backing up waiting for committee hearings and their running out of time . Remember their only in session for 60 days
    Maybe their all backed up and running out of time because they are so hard at work on the budget proposal.
    Last edited by Richief; March 7th, 2016 at 11:12 PM.

Id love permitless carry. But not at the cost of instituting FOL signage.
    Not that it matters until some challages FOL signs if passed in court,,, but the KY Constitution gives no power to the general assembly to levy fines on carrying past a no gun sign. Only to prevent cc. Period.

One person i know of is meeting with all the sponsors of this bill and head of the house judicuary commitee to push this bill.
    Please email or call the sponsors and judicuary committe members to rewrite or kill this bill.
    Its clear that the goal of the bill is to trade permits for FOL signs and more public places being able to post them.

This is KY not some other state where our rtkab can be whittled away by deception
    Dont rely that the bills wont move. If they are wanted by our betters they can move overnight.
    Email or call. Just takes a min.
    If need be i would set an appointment to go meet these sponsors and judicuary members.
    If I do would anyone be interested in attending the meeting as a group??
    This bill cannot be allowed to pass as written in our state.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richief View Post
    This is a bad bill, at first glance it looks good. You have to really study the legaleze.

This bill, outlaws a gun in the car while dropping off my kids at school, which is legal now, as long as a firearm never leaves the automobile.

Also outlaws carrying concealed in posted premises, with fines and arrest, there is no penalty now, except tresspass may be charged if patron refuses.

Allows towns and cities in KY. to post administered buildings as no gun zones, currently uniform, state law dictates prohibitted places.
    This is haphazard legislation.

No longer recognizes any other States firearms permits, and KY may lose reciprocity with other states because KSP has a new responsibility to negotiate reciprocal agreements under this bill.
    Virginia Citizens recently encountered a debacle over this same issue.
    That's a complete mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Aceoky likes this.

Just received e mail from NRA stating this bill comes up for review tomorrow at Noon. I e mailed all legislature stating this is a bad bill and why, requested they not support this.

If you are going to provide input to the govt now is the time.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Ky NRA members really should let NRA know their displeasure with being duped by them with this bill.
    It was by his own words that a co sponsor of this bill cosonsored it ,only reading the NRA summary , which hides the FOL mess, because a flood of NRA members calls and emails. Those folks didnt know about the FOL signage in this bill either .

Now you do.

Just got off the phone with NRA.
    They CLAIM they didnt know about the FOL signage change. And are working to get it out of the bill.
    Also told me they were working to get us open carry, until told weve had oprn carry since statehood. Much stuttering and stammering followed.
    So one pf 3 things.
    One a democrat in the House and a Republican in the senate each proposed a bill worded exactly the same by chance.

The NRA wrote the bill and called in favors to get it proposed and passed without anyone realizing what was in the bill.

Or they do a really poor job of checking what is in the gun legislation they sponsor.

I though seriously about suggesting a new slogan for them in Ky.

SUPPORT THE NRA! GIVING KY MORE GUN RESTRICTIONS THAN IT HAS HAD SINCE STATEHOOD!!!!

But Id chewed on the guy enough so I didnt.
    I think by the way he talked and knew exactly why I was calling from Ky , he has been nothing but chewed out over this.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Distinguished Member Array nlyric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Just got off the phone with NRA.
    They CLAIM they didnt know about the FOL signage change. And are working to get it out of the bill.
    Also told me they were working to get us open carry, until told weve had oprn carry since statehood. Much stuttering and stammering followed.
    So one pf 3 things.
    One a democrat in the House and a Republican in the senate each proposed a bill worded exactly the same by chance.

The NRA wrote the bill and called in favors to get it proposed and passed without anyone realizing what was in the bill.

Or they do a really poor job of checking what is in the gun legislation they sponsor.

I though seriously about suggesting a new slogan for them in Ky.

SUPPORT THE NRA! GIVING KY MORE GUN RESTRICTIONS THAN IT HAS HAD SINCE STATEHOOD!!!!

But Id chewed on the guy enough so I didnt.
    I think by the way he talked and knew exactly why I was calling from Ky , he has been nothing but chewed out over this.
    Way to go ghost, don't let them get away with what they did in Tx.... The way I see it they need to set up more hurdles to ensure future viability in your state. Which BTW is damn near perfect already.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "It's almost like a right, except without the pesky Liberty"
    Author unknown.....

Ive spoke to members of the House Judicuary.
    Ill be talking with a member of the Senate Judicuary this eve or tomorrow.
    Again id urge any Ky member here to call and email both House and Senate judicuary and their repd in both to either rewrite this bill dropping all changes except repealing the law requiring a cc licence, or failing that kill the bill,
    nlyric likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links