Arthritis Caused By Aluminum Poisoning - Page 3

Arthritis Caused By Aluminum Poisoning

This is a discussion on Arthritis Caused By Aluminum Poisoning within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by searx Just the opposite, cast iron cooking is beneficial. So now I can feel better when I make some biscuits....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Arthritis Caused By Aluminum Poisoning

Quote Originally Posted by searx View Post
    Just the opposite, cast iron cooking is beneficial.
    So now I can feel better when I make some biscuits.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Dandelion!
    People used to make wine from them when I was a kid :)

Quote Originally Posted by arte710 View Post
    People used to make wine from them when I was a kid :)
    That's all i remembered about dandelions until getting up to snuff on natural cures, its amazing simply amazing and criminal if you ask me why this information isn't in the mainstream??

*edit: Its been three hours since putting those drops on me thumb, and still no burning.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    I have arthritis, not from heavy metals, but from breaking a bunch of bones and messing up a bunch of joints. Don't bother checking the weather report. I can tell you whats gonna happen.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I believe that many European countries have banned Aluminum cookware.
    This is a myth. Well, more accurately it started as a lie more than 60 years ago and gained popularity in the no reputable citation required bowels of the internet. The same is true of the equally often posted reference to a phony "Docet [sic] Case 540" that is supposed to be the original source of many of the supporting testimonies from experts, which never occurred and doesn't exist in reality. Look up sites that push the dangers of aluminum cooking and you will see that at least 80% of them all reference this never existed, phony testimony from Dr. A.H. McGuigan, who is also quoted as far back as 1954 as saying he never said any of those things attributed to him.

I'm not discounting the legitimate questions about safety of cooking tools. I'm just saying, as with most nonsense on the internet, many of the shared facts about aluminum, and banning, and the good Dr A.H. Guigan, and testimonies, and "narcotic acids" is the textbook example of what happens when the internet becomes the basis for literature reviews and opinion making.

And lets not be too quick to praise the cast iron alternative. If the internet is right about aluminum, heaven help the poor souls that uses cast iron. There is no shortage of web sights, blogs, expert sounding references, and forums providing opinion on the toxic dangers inherent in the use of cast iron cook ware. Surprised? Nah, it's the internet. The following are a list of the terrible ravages that the cast iron user risks:

Fatigue
    Joint or muscle weakness
    Mysterious stomach or other gastrointestinal pain/nausea
    Weight loss that cannot be explained
    Elevated liver enzymes
    Shortness of breath
    Early menopause
    Loss of sex drive
    Impotence
    Loss of body hair (this is also a symptom of adrenal fatigue)

Later stage symptoms or iron toxicity:

Greying or bronzing of the skin
    Blood sugar issues
    Irregular heartbeat
    Liver problems
    Arthritis

Good grief, we will have to start cooking on wooden skillets pretty soon.

Then there's this:

1. Replacing a non-stick skillet with a cast iron one allows you to avoid the toxic fumes that accompany most non-stick cookware. Cast iron can also replace aluminum cookware, which may also pose health hazards.

2. Besides the stove, you can use a cast iron skillet in the oven, at any temperature. This comes in handy for making corn bread, frittatas, and flat bread.

3. It is nonstick. Surprisingly, a preheated cast iron skillet rivals the qualities of non-stick cookware, as long as it is properly seasoned and cared for. You can quickly move up this short learning curve by talking with employees at your local cookware store or by reading a book or Internet article about cast iron care.

4. Cast iron is easy to clean up. Not only does food easily lift off from cast iron cookware, soap is not needed or recommended, since it erodes the seasoning.

5. There are health benefits. You can actually boost your iron intake from eating food cooked in cast iron cookware. This vital mineral is crucial for maintaining energy levels, and it helps strengthen immune systems.

6. It is inexpensive. Cooks looking to replace non-stick cookware often investigate stainless steel. However, a high-end, 12-inch stainless skillet runs well over $100, while a similar-sized cast iron one costs less than $30.

7. Food cooks beautifully. Using a cast iron skillet you can create restaurant-quality, homemade fish sticks, potato pancakes and French toast, complete with golden brown, crispy exteriors. Contrast this with non-stick cookware, which makes browning nearly impossible.

8. Cast iron is sturdy and wears well. Since it does not scratch, there is no need to use plastic utensils, and there is no fear of using your silverware to stir or scoop. It lasts for so long that many people still use cast iron cookware inherited from their parents and grandparents.

9. In an emergency, cast iron cookware can be used over any heat source. As such, many disaster planning lists include cast iron as the survival cookware of choice.

10. It has been used for thousands of years. Natural News readers already understand how new technologies are often the least healthy, while those used by earlier generations are often more beneficial and more in line with how we are designed. Our cookware choice is no exception.

Although there are many benefits to cast iron cooking, make sure to understand the drawbacks before you start: cast iron pans are very heavy; they require intentional maintenance in order to keep them rust-free and non-stick; and care is needed if you have a glass-top stove. But once you take the plunge, you will wonder why it took you so long to start!

Ten reasons to try cast iron cooking - NaturalNews.com

Day two no burning thumb.
    Rockymonster and Instymp like this.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

Six days later thumb is A O.k..

But that's not the purpose for this post: "Chlorine" how many of you have Chlorinated water coming out of you faucets, you know, that gagging awful smell that makes you want to drink bottled water instead.

i came across an article from back in the day "1958" when a study was done on the effects of Iodine for the DISINFECTION OF SWIMMING POOL WATER.

During the period when chlorine was being fed, the water of all pools exhibited the familiar odor and taste associated with the presence of that element or its compounds in water. It was more noticeable in some pools than in others but it was present everywhere. On the other hand, following the beginning of iodine feed no perceptible odor or taste was present in the water of any pool, a fact which was the subject of frequent comment not only by members of the study staff but by a large number of bathers using the pools.

No complaints of eye irritation were received from bathers.

If its good enough for swimming pools you'd think it would be good enough for our drinking water, healthier as well.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00324-0068.pdf

― Jim Elliot

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    I never trusted any of the latest and greatest cookware. Aluminum or any of the non stick crap. Cast iron has always worked fine, and I've still got the stuff I bought 40 years ago. Its pretty non stick for my use. If anything does stick I just scrape it up and add a little crunch.
    I'm with you searx . I put turmeric in every thing, soup, stews eggs,rice. Its been used for thousands of years as an anti inflammatory so its tested well enough to me. The snake oils out there are all the magic pills that the pharmaceutical companies highly test for a month or maybe a year.Then three years later the lawyer lady who won't shut up is on tv talking about suing the drug companies again cause it causes kidney failure or blindness or whatever. I 'll stick with the tried and true.
    , another thing a glass of lemon water will do is dissolve kidney stones.
    ShooterGranny and Instymp like this.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I had a close friend who made fun of my "health stuff" and even refused to buy organic produce or meats. She didn't ever smoke but did have a mixed drink or two on most days. She mixed me a vodka/tonic one time and I took one sip and asked if she would be offended if I threw it down the drain. The tonic was "sugar free" and aspartame not only has a very nasty taste, it is also toxic. She drank those sugar free drinks most of the time.

She died two years ago of pancreatic cancer. A terrible way to die. Was it all the chemicals she ingested, including the commercial big brand makeup she used? I can't say. I just know that I lost a good friend who MIGHT have lived a lot longer.
    Rock and Glock and Instymp like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Six days later thumb is A O.k..

But that's not the purpose for this post: "Chlorine" how many of you have Chlorinated water coming out of you faucets, you know, that gagging awful smell that makes you want to drink bottled water instead.

i came across an article from back in the day "1958" when a study was done on the effects of Iodine for the DISINFECTION OF SWIMMING POOL WATER.

During the period when chlorine was being fed, the water of all pools exhibited the familiar odor and taste associated with the presence of that element or its compounds in water. It was more noticeable in some pools than in others but it was present everywhere. On the other hand, following the beginning of iodine feed no perceptible odor or taste was present in the water of any pool, a fact which was the subject of frequent comment not only by members of the study staff but by a large number of bathers using the pools.

No complaints of eye irritation were received from bathers.

If its good enough for swimming pools you'd think it would be good enough for our drinking water, healthier as well.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00324-0068.pdf
    Back in 1980 when I attended USAF Survival School we were issued a small bottle of iodine tablets for water purification, just drop one tablet into a canteen full of water and shake it for one minute and then wait for 30 minutes before drinking. It had a slight taste to it but not that bad.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I had a close friend who made fun of my "health stuff" and even refused to buy organic produce or meats. She didn't ever smoke but did have a mixed drink or two on most days. She mixed me a vodka/tonic one time and I took one sip and asked if she would be offended if I threw it down the drain. The tonic was "sugar free" and aspartame not only has a very nasty taste, it is also toxic. She drank those sugar free drinks most of the time.

She died two years ago of pancreatic cancer. A terrible way to die. Was it all the chemicals she ingested, including the commercial big brand makeup she used? I can't say. I just know that I lost a good friend who MIGHT have lived a lot longer.
    That and/or high fructose corn syrup, which also makes me gag at the taste of it. And it directly affects the pancreas by tricking it to not put out insulin.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    I'm a little skeptical of the ezine article. As a retired scientist, I know my way around the scientific lit; and, I did a quickie lit search on Pub Med re key words aluminum and arthritis. Nothing jumped out at me (but this was a super brief search, so I must say that I could have missed some significant things.)

All that said, your first step is to visit your doc, and never believe what you read on line (even from medical expert sites like this one. )

Arthritis has many causes, and many things can make it better or worse. Your doc is your best info source on antagonists and agonists.

BTW, just to make sure (or at least to feel better about rice) consider a cooker with a different cooking surface.

Good luck with the arthritis!

Rock and Glock likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Bit of a necrothread, but I'll throw this out there: turmeric may actually have medicinal value.

My father recently passed away from Alzheimer's disease, and I've done a fair bit of reading on it since it may run in the family. Since I like curries, I have even more reason to sprinkle turmeric on my food. For those of you who supplement your diet with turmeric, be aware that back pepper combined with turmeric is shown to significantly increase the uptake into the blood stream vs. turmeric alone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2781139/
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

The grey stuff going down the drain is because you're scrubbing aluminum with Bon Ami.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post

I'm sorry for your loss. Can't rule anything out, but it very likely was not the aspartame. Few chemicals have been as exhaustively studied for negative health effects.

https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com....ZN-002#page35
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links