NRA Dallas 2018 Convention, Who's Going?? - Page 2

NRA Dallas 2018 Convention, Who's Going??

This is a discussion on NRA Dallas 2018 Convention, Who's Going?? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm more likely to go to the NRA CarryGuard Expo in Richmond, VA on Sept. 14-16. I really enjoyed the one in Milwaukee last year. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: NRA Dallas 2018 Convention, Who's Going??

I'm more likely to go to the NRA CarryGuard Expo in Richmond, VA on Sept. 14-16. I really enjoyed the one in Milwaukee last year.

It's a smaller crowd and more suited to my interests, which are pretty much exclusively concealed carry.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I've done the last three, but alas, I won't make this year's. I'm in the process of relocating from the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland to free America in the Volunteer State. I just can't swing the move with an expensive trip to Dallas. Hopefully I'll be back on the NRA circuit next year.
    ThirdShift and gatorbait51 like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array BlackhawkGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    Nadine thought that was hilarious. She also said me hanging out with beautiful women would be perfectly fine as long as she didn't have to go.
    LOL, I gave it my best "shot", Thirdshift, I tried.
    ThirdShift and gatorbait51 like this.
    Everything I needed to know in life was captured in one Indiana Jones minute:

https://youtu.be/7YyBtMxZgQs

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array 19Kvet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have been to one of them, in St. Louis a several years back. It was fun, but I doubt I will ever go again. I'm not feeling all that positive about the organization anymore. (Not bashing, just saying) I don't feel they are taking a hard enough line or being effective enough in protecting the RTKABA anymore.
    I feel the same and wish I could go this year, however, I'm hoping we see another member revolt to push the organization where it needs to go.
    jmf552 and gatorbait51 like this.

Hmmmm... I am starting to have last minute RV thoughts...

I wonder if I can get it all prepped in time

or if I could find an RV spot?
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawkGirl View Post
    Hmmmm... I am starting to have last minute RV thoughts...

I wonder if I can get it all prepped in time

or if I could find an RV spot?
    https://www.nraam.org/plan-your-trip/rv-campgrounds/
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    I used to live close to the Sandy Lake Resort. Decent part of town. It's the closest, and you jump on 35 south, straight shot to the convention center.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    I used to live close to the Sandy Lake Resort. Decent part of town. It's the closest, and you jump on 35 south, straight shot to the convention center.
    Thanks, good to know! I have to wrap up some last minute details before I can make a final decision. I'll post on this thread if I can do it.
    Pete63 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawkGirl View Post
    Thanks, good to know! I have to wrap up some last minute details before I can make a final decision. I'll post on this thread if I can do it.
    We're staying in Trader's Village in Grand Prairie.

VIP Member
    Not saying it's good, or bad for us, but both Trump & Pence will make appearances there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Not saying it's good, or bad for us, but both Trump & Pence will make appearances there.
    And weapons will not be allowed during the presence of either. Let the crying begin.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Was going to post this in the other NRA thread, but it was shut down. For those wanting to go up in Reunion Tower (that's the big globe ball, observation deck,restaurant), you can go up there concealed carry. NO OPEN CARRY! Here's the sign in the underground tunnel that lead's to it. As you will note, it's a 30.07 sign which carries "force of law" in Texas. The other restriction is a 30.06 sign, which means NO CARRY. Don't have a picture of it. Keep an eye out for these, as 30.07 is no big deal, but the 30.06 could get you in trouble.

NRA Dallas 2018 Convention, Who's Going??-102_0248.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I am not going to make it this time around. Since I went to the NRA Convention in Atlanta last year, I am going to wait until my new tow vehicle for the RV is a little more "proven" before I take a long trip like that by myself.
    Pete63 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links