Any members in Columbia, SC?

This is a discussion on Any members in Columbia, SC? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am going to be in Columbia, SC the week of April 8th. I am driving in from Memphis and should be in town by ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Old Man
  • 1 Post By Sixgun1
  • 1 Post By lionround
  • 1 Post By Old Man
  • 3 Post By OldVet

Thread: Any members in Columbia, SC?

I am going to be in Columbia, SC the week of April 8th. I am driving in from Memphis and should be in town by sometime early evening on Monday and leaving Friday. Anyone interested in getting together for dinner one night during the week?
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I can't believe I haven't gotten any takers in Columbia. Oh, well.
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Hard to believe, too. It has been some time since I spent any time in Columbia, but one place I liked for a quick meal was one of the Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ places. Lots of BBQ places, but if you haven't ever tried Carolina Mustard Base sauce, this is a good one to try IMHO.

https://www.piggiepark.com
    Sixgun1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Had every intention of being in Lexington SC this coming wk. plans got changed so it’ll be mid May till I get back there or I would’ve met up with you.
    Old Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Hard to believe, too. It has been some time since I spent any time in Columbia, but one place I liked for a quick meal was one of the Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ places. Lots of BBQ places, but if you haven't ever tried Carolina Mustard Base sauce, this is a good one to try IMHO.

https://www.piggiepark.com
    Old Man, I have to admit that living in Memphis these past dozen or so years, I have gotten BBQ spoiled. We have the annual BBQ championship cook off every year in May. Besides that, I have tried what they lovingly call "Carolina Q" and I am not a big fan.
    Old Man likes this.

US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Old Man, I have to admit that living in Memphis these past dozen or so years, I have gotten BBQ spoiled. We have the annual BBQ championship cook off every year in May. Besides that, I have tried what they lovingly call "Carolina Q" and I am not a big fan.
    I agree that Memphis BBQ is great. Memphis is one of the few places I have ever flown into where even the BBQ served at the airport is tasty, and there are some real places that it is fantastic!

The mustard base sauces aren't for folks who grew up on tomato base. I appreciate Memphis, Kansas City, St. Louis, Alabama, Texas, and Carolina BBQ when they are all done well.

The mustard base sauce took me a while to warm up to and I haven't come around to covering the meat in slaw, but every once in a while its okay with me to have a change of pace.
    lionround likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I can't believe I haven't gotten any takers in Columbia. Oh, well.
    Maybe you should have offered free Christmas cards.
    Old Man, lionround and OneGunTX like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Maybe you should have offered free Christmas cards.
    I was going to offer free dinner, but Christmas cards might work too.

US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Sponsored Links