New "Upcoming" CCWer from Colorado - Page 2

New "Upcoming" CCWer from Colorado

This is a discussion on New "Upcoming" CCWer from Colorado within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Welcome from Mississippi!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New "Upcoming" CCWer from Colorado

Distinguished Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Welcome from Mississippi!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Hello and welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGentleGoof View Post
    I

The car is an extension of your home here in Colorado so I can concealed carry there without issue. !
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    While I know you can conceal in your vehicle here, it's not because your car is an extension of your home. It's because there is a statue that simply days is not considered concealed if it's in your car.

If you do have a cite for the extension bit, please let me know. You're the second person I've seen claim that, and the other didn't respond (nor did my research find any corroborating evidence).

Regardless, welcome from Jefferson County, and hope to hear from you in discussions to come.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Hi guys. This is the relevant Colorado statute:

18-12-204. Permit Contents - Validity - Carrying Requirements.
    (3) (a) a person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:
    (I) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense.

There isn't any other language in the Colorado statutes that I am aware of in this regard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum, from Texas.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Interesting. Nobody I've known in JeffCo (including myself and my wife) have ever waited more than three weeks. I knew one shooter to get it in three days.

My wife and I both had to wait over 80 days for our notifications on our originals and our renewals. I was born under a bad sign.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

While I know you can conceal in your vehicle here, it's not because your car is an extension of your home. It's because there is a statue that simply days is not considered concealed if it's in your car.

If you do have a cite for the extension bit, please let me know. You're the second person I've seen claim that, and the other didn't respond (nor did my research find any corroborating evidence).

Regardless, welcome from Jefferson County, and hope to hear from you in discussions to come.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Hi guys. This is the relevant Colorado statute:

18-12-204. Permit Contents - Validity - Carrying Requirements.
    (3) (a) a person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:
    (I) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense.

There isn't any other language in the Colorado statutes that I am aware of in this regard.
    No citation on my end. I was explaining it "as I understood the law" to the instructor who taught the class to see if he could confirm what I had previously read. A person I took the class with mentioned the "extension of your home" bit and I thought it sounded familiar! I must have just committed the term to memory then. All of the laws that I've read on the subject have come directly from handgunlaw.us and I guess I mis-remembered where I heard the term from. Thanks for clarifying: both of you!

Edit: And thanks to everyone else for the warm welcomes!

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, TheGentleGoof. I enjoyed your post, and being a fellow lefty, can certainly identify with the challenge of that particular predisposition. I decided many years ago to just adapt to the right hand world knowing that most weapons I encounter are going to be made for the right handed folks. While I have never sought out a left hand weapon, if I were to be given a choice now, I would probably choose the right hand weapon where everything is as I expect it to be. Glad you joined us, and look forward to reading more of your progression to gun carrier.
    I'm leaning on that side of the fence currently. It certainly makes the most sense if you want to develop positive and repeatable habits...thanks for your long-term insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    Welcome to the forum. In Jeffco, the Sheriff's Dept is pleased to allow you nearly the full 90 days of waiting before letting you know your permit is ready. I understand Adams and Douglas counties are similar.
    The only two people I know in my county with their CC are my parents (neither of which have carried even once since getting them...such an odd choice). They both claimed about three weeks...we'll see!

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin!
    MSG Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Retired PI/Armed Security
    M&P40, M&P40C

Welcome to DC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links