Hello from No. Cal - Page 2

Hello from No. Cal

This is a discussion on Hello from No. Cal within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Originally Posted by 1942bull Welcome from SE Pennsylvania. With a gun owning son who works in and leaves near San Mateo I have a real ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hello from No. Cal

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Welcome from SE Pennsylvania. With a gun owning son who works in and leaves near San Mateo I have a real feeling for your situation as a gun owners around your turf.
    You will read a lot of posts here in the specific forums about concealed and open carry. I have been carrying for decades. Based upon that learning experience I suggest that the first things you consider does not include guns for carrying. That comes later. First step is to do some analysis. Assuming you will be concealed carrying, you have to consider gun selection based upon body size, hand size compared to gun size and grip size. That affects capacity so you need to decide what capacity you feel is enough. Get that figured out, and selecting the gun will be easier. Just ignore cheap advice and instant recommendations from people who have no clue to your specific fit within the questions above. Most of all, when you have a list of guns for consideration try to rent them to see how they work for you. Good luck in your quest.
    Thanks for the expansive reply. There are a lot of components to the whole concealed carry/ open carry subject. I've been rolling around in my head legal ramifications, gun size/caliber, capacity, da/sa, Glock action, working with the California handgun roster, etc. I currently have a CZ-75 Pre-B model and a Sig 226 but neither would be something I'd want to carry for various reasons. I went out last weekend and rented a couple of handguns to try out, even a Glock which I had never shot before. Whatever I end up going with, which might be a couple of guns I will want to get additional training for myself and my wife. Much to think over.....

Welcome from Central California
    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
    WHAT PART OF THIS DO POLITICIANS NOT UNDERSTAND

Lead Moderator
    Welcome!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Hello from Michigan. Grew up in SoCal. Definitely like living in a 2A friendly state.
    Steveg13 likes this.

Welcome from the State of Jefferson.
    Steveg13 likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Welcome!!
    +1 :)

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Welcome from South GA.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Welcome!
    "The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationship in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important."
    - John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links