New, old guy, member in PA

This is a discussion on New, old guy, member in PA within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; I'm a brand shiny new member of this forum at the age of 68. I lurked a couple gun forums before deciding that this one ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New, old guy, member in PA

I'm a brand shiny new member of this forum at the age of 68. I lurked a couple gun forums before deciding that this one just feels right for me.

I recently got my CC permit mainly because I wanted to exercise my 2nd amendment rights while I still have them. I did have a carry permit for a while some 40 years ago but things have changed a tad since then and I wanted to get up to speed on new developments. First thing I noticed is not many people carry revolvers anymore.

I haven't decided whether I'll be an everyday carry guy yet, for now I just want to get some substantial range time to get reacquainted with shooting in general. It seems from my research that indoor ranges in my neck of the woods are almost non-existent but there are a lot of sportsman's clubs that have outdoor ranges. I've toured two of them and have plans to look at two more, then decide where I want to join.

One of the things that attracted me to this forum is that it seems to be well moderated, adult and civil. I'm a member of some car forums where the behavior of some members is very childish and that gets old fast.

So that's my introduction. I'm now off to check out the forum in more depth.

Senior Moderator
    Welcome! Also look at Handgunlaw.us which is a great resource!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Welcome! Good folks here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard from Northwest Oregon.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Welcome from south Texas.

Glad to have you with us mmb617. You and I appear to be the same age. We also share common interests in guns and cars. Lots of good folks here, I think you'll like the forum. Welcome from the great state of Texas.

Welcome from Pottstown PA.
    Been a member here for several years and looked at several other forums and let me tell you this is the best one.

Welcome. I grew up in Bedford County. Two sisters and a niece still live there. I moved west many moons ago.

Welcome from Utah.
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

Distinguished Member
    This PA gun owner welcomes our new PA member. I joined this forum for the same reasons you did, and I have not been disappointed. I dropped all other forums except for Walther since I carry a PPSM2. I am a long time every day carrier who will be renewing his PA LTCF this month. I have lived in PA all my life except for the ten years I was in the Corps. I have come to know a good bit about PA firearms laws, legislation, and Second Amendment issues. Please feel free to PM me if you want a sidebar conversation. If you care to, you might list where you are in PA. There are other PA members here. I am in 19060, SE PA 17 miles south of Philly and 3 miles N of DE. Again, Welcome.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    I'm a brand shiny new member of this forum at the age of 68. I lurked a couple gun forums before deciding that this one just feels right for me.

I recently got my CC permit mainly because I wanted to exercise my 2nd amendment rights while I still have them. I did have a carry permit for a while some 40 years ago but things have changed a tad since then and I wanted to get up to speed on new developments. First thing I noticed is not many people carry revolvers anymore.

I haven't decided whether I'll be an everyday carry guy yet, for now I just want to get some substantial range time to get reacquainted with shooting in general. It seems from my research that indoor ranges in my neck of the woods are almost non-existent but there are a lot of sportsman's clubs that have outdoor ranges. I've toured two of them and have plans to look at two more, then decide where I want to join.

One of the things that attracted me to this forum is that it seems to be well moderated, adult and civil. I'm a member of some car forums where the behavior of some members is very childish and that gets old fast.

This forum is all this, and more.

Welcome, and I hope you will stay !

So that's my introduction. I'm now off to check out the forum in more depth.
    Thanks for your story.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Big ol' Howdy from NE Texas....you are among friends that will help you and will also help you spend your money!

Senior Moderator

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from another Pennsyltuckian :)
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links