New user

New user

This is a discussion on New user within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Hi everybody, I'm Jacob from Pennsylvania, I'm 19 however I do have the pistol I wanna carry as a concealed weapon when I turn 21 ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New user

New Member Array Jac0b_l3v3ring's Avatar

New user

Hi everybody, I'm Jacob from Pennsylvania, I'm 19 however I do have the pistol I wanna carry as a concealed weapon when I turn 21 and was curious if anyone had a link or something telling me how or even if I can increase the trigger pull weight to be higher than the factory weight (the pistol is a glock 19x)

Why do you want to increase the trigger pull?
    It is more normal to want to decrease the "weight" of a pistol's trigger.

Does your state's law require a "weightier" trigger than the Glock normally provides?
    If so, how much?
    OldChap likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    You can install a + connector which will increase the trigger pull weight in a Gen 5 Glock (19X is Gen 5) to about 8 lbs.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Welcome from Austin Texas, Land of Fruits and Nuts and liberal bastion of Texas.

I would not advise trying to increase trigger pull on Glocks, simply because they are about perfect as is. New York City apparently has a heavier trigger pull and I blame that for most of their officers not being able to hit their targets even when they empty the magazine.

Learn to index that finger (Keep the booger hook off of the trigger until ready to shoot), trigger control and correct pressure and you will never have an accidental discharge or malfunction. The word is practice.
    airslot likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Welcome from Iowa.

Welcome from southeast Texas.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Welcome from Austin Texas, Land of Fruits and Nuts and liberal bastion of Texas.

I would not advise trying to increase trigger pull on Glocks, simply because they are about perfect as is. New York City apparently has a heavier trigger pull and I blame that for most of their officers not being able to hit their targets even when they empty the magazine.

Learn to index that finger (Keep the booger hook off of the trigger until ready to shoot), trigger control and correct pressure and you will never have an accidental discharge or malfunction. The word is practice.
    Welcome from North Texas, Lordofwyr, we appreciate you keeping all those "fruits and nuts" in Austin
    Pete63 and lordofwyr like this.

Lead Moderator
    Welcome!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast. Be thankful your trigger pull weight isn't like dragging an 18 wheel truck and trailer with a string tied to your tooth.

BTW...Learn the lesson. Safety does not come from mechanics. Safety comes from between your ears. Always keep your trigger finger off the trigger - ALWAYS.
    M1911A1, airslot, Pete63 and 1 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

M1911a1

It just feels extremely light of a pull, and I was taught that everytime you shoot slow and steady but you should never know when exactly its gonna go off and it's kind of easy to anticipate that with glocks factory weight. I hope that a heavier weight will help increase my confidence shooting, although I have been doing fairly decent at my house we have a 12"x12" metal plate and I shoot at it from about 15 to 20 yards and consistently make 9/10 shots

OldChap

I know safety comes from my brain and I never have my finger on the trigger unless I am shooting, that was the first thing I was taught.
    M1911A1, OldChap, OD* and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac0b_l3v3ring View Post
    It just feels extremely light of a pull, and I was taught that everytime you shoot slow and steady but you should never know when exactly its gonna go off and it's kind of easy to anticipate that with glocks factory weight. I hope that a heavier weight will help increase my confidence shooting, although I have been doing fairly decent at my house we have a 12"x12" metal plate and I shoot at it from about 15 to 20 yards and consistently make 9/10 shots
    Someone else mentioned the New York trigger for Glocks.
    It increases the pull weight, supposedly for safety, but it makes New York cops into terrible pistol shooters. That trigger assembly is reputed to have caused NYPD cops to send their bullets out in unintended directions, and to have thereby caused harm to innocent bystanders.

A better method, I suggest, is to use a light trigger action — maybe no more than six pounds — and, for safety, to learn impeccably safe gun handling. That's what my wife has done, so I can tell you from real experience that it works.
    All of my personal pistols have 3.5-pound triggers...except my pocket pistol, which has an action similar to what you're looking for. It took me years to master that trigger, which I did because I needed a reliable pocket pistol, no matter what.
    lordofwyr likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by Jac0b_l3v3ring View Post
    I know safety comes from my brain and I never have my finger on the trigger unless I am shooting, that was the first thing I was taught.
    That is excellent. I would suggest that even safety being the general consideration for many others, that the best triggers (ones that make you more accurate) are never heavier triggers, but lighter, smoother ones. See if you can find some accuracy competitions (bullseye, bench rest etc) and check with those shooters to see which trigger action they prefer. The trigger whose actuation causes the least disturbance to the gun is always more accurate.

It follows that, with a handgun for carry, you don't want a trigger that is too light. But a trigger that is too heavy, as said above, requires more intense muscle action and it follows that is not a good thing for maintaining a proper sight picture.

At your age, this would be an excellent place to start - there are even benefits to those who have been shooting for 7 decades!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Welcome from Savannah. My first M&P had a horrible 13# trigger. I had it worked over down to 4.5# and the accuracy was greatly improved. It's gotten even better with practice over the last 11 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New user-13-trigger.jpg  

New user-4.5-trigger.jpg  

Old Man likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links