Hello ... and greetings to everyone defending the Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Hello ... and greetings to everyone defending the Second Amendment within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Hello to everyone. I'm a retired university lecturer, and a student of history. It's my sober considered judgement that the USA is heading towards circumstances ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hello ... and greetings to everyone defending the Second Amendment

Hello to everyone.
    I'm a retired university lecturer, and a student of history.

It's my sober considered judgement that the USA is heading towards circumstances in which the purpose of the Second Amendment -- the Security of a Free State -- is going to become very relevant. I'm not happy about this, but there it is.

No one knows the future. But when the foundations of a society start to crumble, there are signs, before it topples. We can see some of these signs now.

So ... we must prepare. Fortunately, the Founders foresaw something like this, and gave us the means to do so.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the opinions of others.

Welcome from ILL inois….Enjoy the Forum !
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Welcome aboard from North Carolina.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard from the northwest. I look forward to your input.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug1943 View Post
    Hello to everyone.
    I'm a retired university lecturer, and a student of history.

It's my sober considered judgement that the USA is heading towards circumstances in which the purpose of the Second Amendment -- the Security of a Free State -- is going to become very relevant. I'm not happy about this, but there it is.

No one knows the future. But when the foundations of a society start to crumble, there are signs, before it topples. We can see some of these signs now.

So ... we must prepare. Fortunately, the Founders foresaw something like this, and gave us the means to do so.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the opinions of others.
    Very well expressed. Thank you!
    G26Raven likes this.

Welcome from Southern Utah.

Welcome from Savannah
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Welcome from the commonwealth of Virginia, the place where it all began and where we are fighting to see it doesn't end.
    catfish54 likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Senior Moderator

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Greetings from Colorful Colorado!
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Senior Moderator
    Welcome!

Many of us agree with your sentiments.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Howdy from the great state of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Howdy from the great state of Texas.
    Howdy back! I was born and raised in Houston, and most of my kin on my mother's side live in South Texas, around San Antonio.
    So sad to see the state trending Blue ... all those refugees from California who want to repeat the experience in their new state.
    KILTED COWBOY and ETXhiker like this.

Some of the signs of social decay: the very rapid decline in patriotism -- or of its outward signs and rituals -- among the chattering classes. New examples
    of this appear almost daily -- refusal to fly the flag, dropping the Pledge of Allegiance, denouncing all of American history as just an unbroken line of
    genocide.

I'm not an ultra-patriot, who thinks anything his government does to foreigners is okay. But in a country like America -- which is not ethnically homogeneous --
    patriotism is the social glue that holds the place together. When that goes, the society will begin to fragment into groups whose new primary identity --
    the entity to which they give their emotional loyalty -- is their ethnic group, for most, or some other self-identity signifier, like their sexual orientation if it's
    a minority taste. Then when there is a big shock -- like a military defeat or a big economic crisis -- the country may not be able to resist the strain.

Which is exactly what the Left wants.

Ultimately, they're fools: because once racial identity becomes the primary identity moving people, the whites will not remain immune. The only real
    anti-racism in America is patriotism. That's what unites us all, not scolding lectures from holier-than-thou prigs.

Right now, it's fine to start a Blacks-only group on a campus. Black pride is supposed to be good. And the same for any other racial or sexual minority
    --but not for whites and heterosexuals and males. We're supposed to grin and bear it.

But once patriotism is gone ... and once we start seeing the government and its agencies -- the FBI, the military -- as alien bodies ...
    then something else will fill the vacuum. The Left won't like what will take the place of patriotism among whites, and neither will any genuine conservative.

But by then it will be too late.

And in the ensuing bloody chaos, as the country comes apart, who will be the first to be devoured, because they
    have no natural home? White progressives. They won't be welcome anywhere.

I suppose that will be some consolation.
    G26Raven and ETXhiker like this.

Welcome from Utah. We have had some long debates here on the topics you raise!
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links