Greetings from an old Elmer Merrifield Keith Type Guy

Greetings from an old Elmer Merrifield Keith Type Guy

This is a discussion on Greetings from an old Elmer Merrifield Keith Type Guy within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Greetings everyone! I'm am old (70 year old) Elmer Merrifield Keith type guy now stuck on the Left Coast for now like a salmon swimming ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Greetings from an old Elmer Merrifield Keith Type Guy

Cool Greetings from an old Elmer Merrifield Keith Type Guy

Greetings everyone! I'm am old (70 year old) Elmer Merrifield Keith type guy now stuck on the Left Coast for now like a salmon swimming upstream. I'm not hard to pick out as I stick out like an Irish Wolf hound at a Toy Poodle show being 6' 5", 300lbs, in my western duster and American Indian shirts. No, I'm not American Indian but I grew up with one as my best friend and constant running companion as well as have them in my family tree but just not directly blood related. My first cousin (female) is married to a "full blood Cherokee" and they live on the Cherokee Nation Land in Oklahoma. My parents are mostly Irish/English but I identify heavily with the American Indian side of my family. Born and raised in Arkansas, graduated from Eastern New Mexico University with a degree in Psychology. Did some post grad study in Criminal Justice and a stint in the US Army.

I like .44 Magnum and .45 ACP handguns. I started shooting my grandfather's Colt 1911 .45 ACP so early in my life I do not really have a clear memory of the first time. I guess you can say I have been shooting a .45 so long and it is so ingrained I never saw a reason to change what worked. I am NOT a snob about calibers mind you as one should shoot what one can hit what they are shooting at with.

I hunted elk in Wyoming with a .375 H&H rifle a custom gunsmith friend made for me that honestly had less felt recoil than my .30-06. It was amazing both to carry and shoot. Be leave me I was skeptical at first as I had never shot any rifle bigger than a .30-06. My friend told me he hunted with a .375 H&H and that "he would take care of me." Man did he deliver. If someone had said you have to go to the range and shoot 100 rounds from a sandbag rest without stopping pick either you .30-06 or your .375 H&H; without any hesitation I would have grabbed the .375 H&H. The man's name; master gunsmith Dale A. Storey of Casper, Wyoming.

God Bless and Watch Your Six

Welcome from Texas...sounds like you will have a lot of stories to tell.

Welcome aboard from Northwest Oregon.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard from North Carolina, having been stationed in California the one thing I miss most is riding to the north of the state and buying smoked salmon on the side of the road those folks know how to do it right.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Welcome from Texas.

Welcome from So Cal!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array BamaT's Avatar
    Welcome from Alabama!
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Senior Moderator
    Welcome aboard! Anyone who knows Elmer Keith's middle name is clearly a student of the man. I had found a used copy of Keith On Sixguns (for a ridiculous price), and that led me to his more informative memoir, "Hell, I Was There!" That inspired me enough to have Gary Reeder build me a custom .44 Special a few years ago. Welcome, compadre! (And we're within a few months of each other in age, so don't go callin' us OLD!)
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Welcome from Savannah
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Howdy from the Great State of Texas Two Bears!
    Also a 1911 guy here.

Welcome from Iowa.

Senior Moderator

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Welcome from New Jermany….
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Who was it that said, " I wasn't planning on going for a run today.....then the Game Wardens came out of nowhere".

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    As a huge Elmer Keith fan, I say, welcome from Texas!
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links