New guy from Texas

New guy from Texas

This is a discussion on New guy from Texas within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; I live in Texas, have a Texas wife, drive a Chevy, have a Glock and Sig and Savage 10 (I hate Rem 700's). Wife carries. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New guy from Texas

  1. #1
    Member Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    218

    New guy from Texas

    I live in Texas, have a Texas wife, drive a Chevy, have a Glock and Sig and Savage 10 (I hate Rem 700's). Wife carries. I am an active YouTube follower of 1A and 2A rights and love people that do 1A and 2A audits. I participated in few YouTube 1A and 2A audits with people in TX and it was an eye opening experience.

    That is me.
    Last edited by Osprey; January 28th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.
    goldshellback and ETXhiker like this.

  2. #2
    Distinguished Member
    Array Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mid Missouri
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I live in Texas, have a Texas wife, drive a Chevy, have a Glock and Sig and Savage 10 (I hate Rem 700's). Wife carries. I am an active YouTube follower of 1A and 2A rights and love people that do 1A and 2A audits. I participated in few YouTube audits with people in TX and it was an eye opening experience.

    That is me.
    Welcome New guy from Texas; you should find that there are a lot of similar persons who participate on the DC Forum. Join in when you have a question, answer, or comment. People on this forum are pretty good about keeping things civil. Even to persons who don't like Remington 700's! HaHa!
    Osprey and Havok like this.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,448
    Howdy from the great state of Texas.
    I know the other guys on the forum are saying. Oh No! not another Texan!
    Welcome
    Osprey likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,665
    What is a "youtube audit"? Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

    This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array rlggray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,147
    Welcome from another Texan.

  7. #6
    Member
    Array TangoHotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    97
    Hello Osprey and welcome from central Florida...
    Florida CWFL
    Member Florida Carry
    Member NRA

  8. #7
    Member Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    What is a "youtube audit"? Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan.
    When people go around video'ing public areas like police departments, prisons, IRS, FBI offices, refineries, stuff like that. All done from a public location like sidewalk or public easement.

    Local LE will almost always show up because of a "complaint". Then we see how it goes. I have no problem with LE asking someone doing something lawful "what are you doing" if it is a call for service. But once it is obvious it is a Constitutionally protected act then they need to just go away.

    Usually, they start insisting you have to provide ID. Speaking for TX, you are not required to show or give ID unless arrested. Go to You Tube and look for 1A audits.

    There are tons of folks that do them. Most are a bunch of jerks and try to get people angry. There are a few that are truly out there doing it to educate the public and LE and the community.

    I went on a few with a guy that is actually pretty cool. Each time everyone insisted that doing what we did was illegal until supervisors had to be called in. It was cordial each time. None of the LE ever was rude, just they did not know the law. Each time we left shaking hands.
    Havok likes this.

  9. #8
    Lead Moderator
    Array rstickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    25,482
    Welcome!!
    Rick

    EOD - Initial success or total failure

  10. #9
    Member Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Welcome!!
    Thank you

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array BCC73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    South of Chiraq...
    Posts
    1,075
    Welcome from ILL inois. Enjoy the Forum !!!
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

    I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    When people go around video'ing public areas like police departments, prisons, IRS, FBI offices, refineries, stuff like that. All done from a public location like sidewalk or public easement.

    Local LE will almost always show up because of a "complaint". Then we see how it goes. I have no problem with LE asking someone doing something lawful "what are you doing" if it is a call for service. But once it is obvious it is a Constitutionally protected act then they need to just go away.

    Usually, they start insisting you have to provide ID. Speaking for TX, you are not required to show or give ID unless arrested. Go to You Tube and look for 1A audits.

    There are tons of folks that do them. Most are a bunch of jerks and try to get people angry. There are a few that are truly out there doing it to educate the public and LE and the community.

    I went on a few with a guy that is actually pretty cool. Each time everyone insisted that doing what we did was illegal until supervisors had to be called in. It was cordial each time. None of the LE ever was rude, just they did not know the law. Each time we left shaking hands.
    I will leave that "poking the bear" to you youngsters.
    Osprey, G26Raven and MYMOMSSON like this.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    When people go around video'ing public areas like police departments, prisons, IRS, FBI offices, refineries, stuff like that. All done from a public location like sidewalk or public easement.

    Local LE will almost always show up because of a "complaint". Then we see how it goes. I have no problem with LE asking someone doing something lawful "what are you doing" if it is a call for service. But once it is obvious it is a Constitutionally protected act then they need to just go away.

    Usually, they start insisting you have to provide ID. Speaking for TX, you are not required to show or give ID unless arrested. Go to You Tube and look for 1A audits.

    There are tons of folks that do them. Most are a bunch of jerks and try to get people angry. There are a few that are truly out there doing it to educate the public and LE and the community.

    I went on a few with a guy that is actually pretty cool. Each time everyone insisted that doing what we did was illegal until supervisors had to be called in. It was cordial each time. None of the LE ever was rude, just they did not know the law. Each time we left shaking hands.
    Interesting, if you dont mind me asking, what part of Texas do you tend to do this in?
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

    This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

  14. #13
    Member Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Interesting, if you dont mind me asking, what part of Texas do you tend to do this in?
    I haven't done it in a few months. I did it in Houston and Plano. I am not a "Youtuber" that does this. I was invited to tag along a few times.
    Havok likes this.

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    1,468
    Welcome aboard.
    Osprey likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    8,141
    Welcome from Utah.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

    Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •