Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly. - Page 2

Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly.

This is a discussion on Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Teenagers are especially idiotic and rather disrespectful of other's property. 8 + 1 vs 1 - 82 yr old man, is plain stupid. Glad he ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly.

Teenagers are especially idiotic and rather disrespectful of other's property. 8 + 1 vs 1 - 82 yr old man, is plain stupid. Glad he could shoot back and defend himself. Maybe that will help give the others some thought.. Once he said get off his lawn, everything past that was trespassing. Yep, no respect for the laws either, huh.

Hope the 82 yrd old comes out OK.

I had some real idiot juveniles for awhile ... I even had a neighborhood pool going on which one of them would go to prison first, and some bet that would never happen.... they were "good" boys. Well, when they hit 18 and got charges, 2 are still in prison, and one is on parole now. But I told them stay away from my house.... I had a GS ... who hated them, and wanted to eat them so badly. Yep they did some vandalism as well.

Why people can't leave other people alone, and why some can't quite enabling their kids while they are being disrespect of others property, etc... just amazes me.
    ep1953 and Rhinoman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    You're hundred percent correct rhinoman.

And the problem starts with the so-called parents. Far too many parents think their little babies just can't do anything wrong and they don't teach them any respect for anything or anyone.

Sometimes these little babies decide to break into somebody's house and wind up shot dead right there.
    You got that right! Whenever I've approached parents about bullying my daughter or kids committing vandalism they're more upset about me yelling at their kid than they are about their kid committing crimes.
    becka and baren like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Its the same out here in rural areas not just the cities. Its a generational thing. The entitlement crowd thinks they can do whatever they want. We all saw it coming in the schools. Its not something police can fix, alot of times calling them makes it worse by escalating. You try to handle it yourself and guess who calls the police then. Next time I move I want NO neighbors period...
    This is exactly the way I feel. I was just telling the wife that when she retires I want to buy an old farms with a lot of land an no neighbors. I have spent my entire life living in the city and now I'm tired of it. I see kids coming, I cross the street to avoid the possibility of a stupid situation.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I was raised (and still live) in area so remote & sparsely populated that EVERYone knows EVERYone (or knows closely-related kinfolk) very well. When I was a "wild colt" (teenager) the sheriff never tried to catch & pull-me-over if he saw me speeding on my motorcycle. He just dropped-by our house and had a little chat with my Dear Ol' Pappy. He knew there would be NO grousing or negotiation. My keys would be quarantined & my motorcycle would be log-chain locked to a pole in the barn. And it would stay there until such time as my Pap decided I might have come to my senses.

The very idea that adults would return to someone ELSE'S property over a "get off my yard" issue is comPLETELY beyond my understanding. And if I had witnessed it, me & the old man would be...sharing a jail cell.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    This is exactly the way I feel. I was just telling the wife that when she retires I want to buy an old farms with a lot of land an no neighbors. I have spent my entire life living in the city and now I'm tired of it. I see kids coming, I cross the street to avoid the possibility of a stupid situation.
    Yep I know. AND if ya punch the crap outta one like they deserve. Then there goes your job(in my case)and the domino effect thereafter. Best to avoid. They on the other hand HAVE nothing, therefore nothing to lose...
    Truckinbutch and Rhinoman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    Respecting other people's property is a thing of the past. We had a kid that use to cut across our lawn on his bike. I asked him to stop, but he continued. I put up a fence and he came back that night and set it on fire.

Another kid use to deliver papers and would cut across my lawn and break off the sprinkler heads. I asked him to stop and he wouldn't. I talked to his father and he refused to do anything about it.

We moved and the neighbor's son-in-law would drive his car across my lawn to take a shortcut to their house. I parked my truck in his way one day and he vandalized it.

If someone had complained to my parents when I was a kid I would have gotten my butt whipped.
    Yep, Its amazing that people thing they have a right to be on your property. We have had a big problem at the farm in Georgia where people don't understand they are not welcome on our property. People think because they were raised in the area they have rights to fish or hunt on any ones property or just trespass.
    Rhinoman and baren like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

When I was alot younger I had a run in once with a car load of teens near Philadelphia. They were hanging out the windows swearing at me in traffic totally unprovoked. I was heading to the mall, and ...so were they. I parked went in, they watched and did the same.Said no more to me. I went to leave and in my car noticed a tube of super glue I used to repair a knob. I applied some to each of their door locks, went back to my car. Sat for about 30 minutes, they came out. Could NOT get in their car and were throwing a FIT. I drove by with a big smile said "Hows it going?"and one guy says "Thats that guy!". I regretted doing that later because I thought they'd take it out on some innocent person. Very stupid on my part. But that day karma got a nudge...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Yep, Its amazing that people thing they have a right to be on your property. We have had a big problem at the farm in Georgia where people don't understand they are not welcome on our property. People think because they were raised in the area they have rights to fish or hunt on any ones property or just trespass.
    The Devil gets many of us by the tail from time to time in the 'heat of the moment'.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    When I was alot younger I had a run in once with a car load of teens near Philadelphia. They were hanging out the windows swearing at me in traffic totally unprovoked. I was heading to the mall, and ...so were they. I parked went in, they watched and did the same.Said no more to me. I went to leave and in my car noticed a tube of super glue I used to repair a knob. I applied some to each of their door locks, went back to my car. Sat for about 30 minutes, they came out. Could NOT get in their car and were throwing a FIT. I drove by with a big smile said "Hows it going?"and one guy says "Thats that guy!". I regretted doing that later because I thought they'd take it out on some innocent person. Very stupid on my part. But that day karma got a nudge...
    The Devil gets many of us by the tail from time to time in'the heat of the moment'.
    Cippee likes this.

There's a pervasive mentality encouraged by social media and youtube that says that any slight, whether real or perceived, must be answered with some sort of nasty behavior. It goes along with the "prank" mentality as well.

A good example was recently a "cheaters get what's coming to them top 10" video that popped up. In this case it was the acts of vandalism and assaults carried out by boyfriends or girlfriends for acts of dating infidelity. Never mind my opinion that if you don't have a ring and a license then it's not cheating :P

Anyway one comment stated that the person knew one of the so-called cheaters and the girlfriend and her male accomplices had been sentenced to community service and had to pay for the damage inflicted on the guys car. This provoked pure outrage and hatred that such an injustice may have occurred.

So, with these modern sorts about the only thing that will get respect would be to dig a tiger trap in your yard and post the hilarious video on youtube when your idiot neighbor falls in and has to beg you to let them out. For the record I've not done that yet as my problem is idiots riding horses through the yard and I really don't want to kill a horse
    Rhinoman and Cippee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    About 30 years ago my cousin had trouble with the new neighbors teenage son driving his car across the lawn.
    Talking to the kid made it worse. He did a couple cookies in the lawn. Talked to dad and he called the cops about being harassed.
    My cousin decided to do some creative landscaping and spent all week preparing his side yard for a rock garden. He waited for the kid to leave on Friday night, then he called me to bring the rock for his new rock garden. The center piece was a red granite rock weighing in around 1800lbs.
    The kid came home around 2a.m., cut across the front yard and around the side of the house. My cousin woke up to the crash. Trans Am's don't do well against hard objects.
    Kid was charged with reckless driving, trespassing, and criminal damage to property. The icing on the cake was the kids State Farm insurance refused to pay for anything due to the criminal actions.

Thankfully that situation ended there. Could imagine how that would go today with the lack of respect many people have for everyone but themselves.
    Ha! gives me a warm fuzzy. Reminds me a story that happened to a friend. Lives on a corner lot and some kid would always cut through his yard. Planted some bushes and put steel rods in the ground behind them. Problem solved.
    Rhinoman and TSKnight like this.
    Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen. - Jeff Cooper

I didn't know Clint Eastwood lived in Eat Lubbock?
    Maverick31 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by LuketheDrifter View Post
    Ha! gives me a warm fuzzy. Reminds me a story that happened to a friend. Lives on a corner lot and some kid would always cut through his yard. Planted some bushes and put steel rods in the ground behind them. Problem solved.
    Food way to find yourself in a lawsuit these days.
    Intentionally place something in a way to cause harm to others. Not good idea.

I Live For Myself and I Answer to No One.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Here is an updated story. The elderly man is not the one in jail. Of course there are competing stories but it does clarify the relationship of the person arrested for starting the shooting.

Families, Community Members Try to Heal After 3 Shot in East
    Pittpa likes this.
    Rico, we'll need special tactical equipment.

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Thanks for the update. I do find it interesting that the mother of the 10-year-old had the following to say in the article.

"For Moses future changes in the neighborhood may come too late. After the shootings she's taking new measures to keep her kids safe.

"I do plan on moving because a lot has been going on since I moved here, to the point where I'm not comfortable with my kids being in this neighborhood," she said."

Maybe I don't understand the situation, but as I read it her 10-year-old son was one of the kids trespassing and refused to leave when the old man came out and asked him to get off his lawn. If she wants her child to be safe she might try teaching him a little respect for others and their property. Until she does that I don't think her kids are going to be safe anywhere.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links