Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly. - Page 3

Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly.

This is a discussion on Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My dad had a problem with some kids in a farm truck running over his mailbox at night. He put up a new one and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly.

My dad had a problem with some kids in a farm truck running over his mailbox at night. He put up a new one and they ran it over. The third one he put up was different. He buried a well casing in concrete and filled the casing with concrete. That night he heard a big crash in front of the house and the next morning he followed the trail of oil and coolant down the road to the neighbor's house.

Nowadays that would get you arrested and sued.
    wdbailey, 1911srule and Cippee like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I do find it interesting that the mother of the 10-year-old had the following to say in the article.

"For Moses future changes in the neighborhood may come too late. After the shootings she's taking new measures to keep her kids safe.

"I do plan on moving because a lot has been going on since I moved here, to the point where I'm not comfortable with my kids being in this neighborhood," she said."

Maybe I don't understand the situation, but as I read it her 10-year-old son was one of the kids trespassing and refused to leave when the old man came out and asked him to get off his lawn. If she wants her child to be safe she might try teaching him a little respect for others and their property. Until she does that I don't think her kids are going to be safe anywhere.
    We should all have a cookout in her front yard before she moves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I do find it interesting that the mother of the 10-year-old had the following to say in the article.

"For Moses future changes in the neighborhood may come too late. After the shootings she's taking new measures to keep her kids safe.

"I do plan on moving because a lot has been going on since I moved here, to the point where I'm not comfortable with my kids being in this neighborhood," she said."

Maybe I don't understand the situation, but as I read it her 10-year-old son was one of the kids trespassing and refused to leave when the old man came out and asked him to get off his lawn. If she wants her child to be safe she might try teaching him a little respect for others and their property. Until she does that I don't think her kids are going to be safe anywhere.
    I believe you are correct. I don't understand her way of thinking either. This is a good teaching moment for our kids. I have went over with them before about respecting other peoples stuff and not being a horses rear and this should be a good example for them to look at.
    ep1953 and Grantspastor like this.
    Rico, we'll need special tactical equipment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Yep, Its amazing that people thing they have a right to be on your property. We have had a big problem at the farm in Georgia where people don't understand they are not welcome on our property. People think because they were raised in the area they have rights to fish or hunt on any ones property or just trespass.
    That's not good for me to hear. GA is one of the places that the wife and I are considering!
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links