Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly.

This is a discussion on Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think the way it reads the property owner was wounded but he is not the one charged. I don't understand why people like the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Older man runs kids off his lawn at night and they come back with adults..ugly.

I think the way it reads the property owner was wounded but he is not the one charged. I don't understand why people like the woman interviewed say " I don't feel as safe anymore" well don't go onto other people property at night a cause a fight. This was totally avoidable. Hopefully the home owner is ok.

LPD: Two Adults, One Child Shot in East Lubbock Late Saturday
    Ianthin likes this.
    Rico, we'll need special tactical equipment.

Senior Moderator
    SMH. Idiots, pure and simple.
    RickyD, 357and40, SatCong and 3 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Respecting other people's property is a thing of the past. We had a kid that use to cut across our lawn on his bike. I asked him to stop, but he continued. I put up a fence and he came back that night and set it on fire.

Another kid use to deliver papers and would cut across my lawn and break off the sprinkler heads. I asked him to stop and he wouldn't. I talked to his father and he refused to do anything about it.

We moved and the neighbor's son-in-law would drive his car across my lawn to take a shortcut to their house. I parked my truck in his way one day and he vandalized it.

If someone had complained to my parents when I was a kid I would have gotten my butt whipped.
    ep1953, atctimmy, RickyD and 21 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    You're hundred percent correct rhinoman.

And the problem starts with the so-called parents. Far too many parents think their little babies just can't do anything wrong and they don't teach them any respect for anything or anyone.

Sometimes these little babies decide to break into somebody's house and wind up shot dead right there.
    graydude, 325rto and baren like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    Respecting other people's property is a thing of the past. We had a kid that use to cut across our lawn on his bike. I asked him to stop, but he continued. I put up a fence and he came back that night and set it on fire.

Another kid use to deliver papers and would cut across my lawn and break off the sprinkler heads. I asked him to stop and he wouldn't. I talked to his father and he refused to do anything about it.

We moved and the neighbor's son-in-law would drive his car across my lawn to take a shortcut to their house. I parked my truck in his way one day and he vandalized it.

If someone had complained to my parents when I was a kid I would have gotten my butt whipped.
    I crashed through a small fence on a neighbors property with a bike when I was a young teenager. My dad made me go ring their doorbell, apologize, clean the mess and then pay for the repairs. He spotted me the money because I had none; and I had to mow lawns for half the summer to pay him back. I never made that same mistake again.

People don't own their mistakes, there are rarely consequences for bad actions and parents do WAY too much shielding these days. And we wonder why we have problems in this country...
    Georgia Carry
    NRA
    SAF

Agreed. People don't have the respect for others and the property of others that they used to. Parents aren't actually raising their kids any longer, they're just actively trying to keep their kids quiet by shoving a smartphone or a tablet in their hands, and not teaching them the difference between right and wrong. They grow up that way these days. No please, no thank you, just self-entitlement and attitude.
    Last edited by Boomstick75; July 18th, 2016 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Typo
    Rhinoman and baren like this.

Its the same out here in rural areas not just the cities. Its a generational thing. The entitlement crowd thinks they can do whatever they want. We all saw it coming in the schools. Its not something police can fix, alot of times calling them makes it worse by escalating. You try to handle it yourself and guess who calls the police then. Next time I move I want NO neighbors period...

When I was little, I was taught to respect other peoples' property. Little kids learn to respect people by first respecting the things those people own. That's how I was brought up. There would have been hell to pay if we did some of the things posters on this thread have described. I'd have had the crap beat out of me and there would have been other punishment, as well.
    jrobin3360 and Rhinoman like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post (put up posted signs and if needed use purple paint on post-trees) your property and it will give you a better legal standing in under Texas Law.

Fences also make for better neighbors and neighborhoods.
    baren likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Next time I move I want NO neighbors period...
    Completely agree with you. My wife and I live in a fairly small town, in a subdivision, and it was very small when we bought our house about two and a half years ago. Since then, more houses are being built, and while it felt fairly isolated when we bought, it feels less and less so as the days pass.

I was raised to respect others and their property. The folks around here generally do the same for the most part, but as more and more move to this area, that can no longer be guaranteed. Since I've been here, I've only seen one fairly suspicious person, and it turned out they were simply lost. The next time we move, I want to have my guns to protect against four-legged critters if need be, not two-legged ones.
    1911srule and jumperj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post

You need spike strips. You can buy them cheap online like $100.
    Phaedrus and baren like this.

I hate headlines written like this. "Two adults, one child shot..." Then the story goes on to say it was a juvenile. Although the definition varies, using "child" in a headline clearly implies someone younger than a juvenile. So it is another case of a headline writer either not reading the article or trying to embellish to get attention.

And speaking of age, any elderly male has the God-given right to tell children and juveniles to "Get off my lawn!" I think it is constructively covered in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but it should have been more expicit!
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    About 30 years ago my cousin had trouble with the new neighbors teenage son driving his car across the lawn.
    Talking to the kid made it worse. He did a couple cookies in the lawn. Talked to dad and he called the cops about being harassed.
    My cousin decided to do some creative landscaping and spent all week preparing his side yard for a rock garden. He waited for the kid to leave on Friday night, then he called me to bring the rock for his new rock garden. The center piece was a red granite rock weighing in around 1800lbs.
    The kid came home around 2a.m., cut across the front yard and around the side of the house. My cousin woke up to the crash. Trans Am's don't do well against hard objects.
    Kid was charged with reckless driving, trespassing, and criminal damage to property. The icing on the cake was the kids State Farm insurance refused to pay for anything due to the criminal actions.

Thankfully that situation ended there. Could imagine how that would go today with the lack of respect many people have for everyone but themselves.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Two counts of aggravated assault for the dirtbag who opened fire on the older man; I wonder why he wasn't charged with attempted murder? Life in the hood...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ep1953 likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    About 30 years ago my cousin had trouble with the new neighbors teenage son driving his car across the lawn.
    Talking to the kid made it worse. He did a couple cookies in the lawn. Talked to dad and he called the cops about being harassed.
    My cousin decided to do some creative landscaping and spent all week preparing his side yard for a rock garden. He waited for the kid to leave on Friday night, then he called me to bring the rock for his new rock garden. The center piece was a red granite rock weighing in around 1800lbs.
    The kid came home around 2a.m., cut across the front yard and around the side of the house. My cousin woke up to the crash. Trans Am's don't do well against hard objects.
    Kid was charged with reckless driving, trespassing, and criminal damage to property. The icing on the cake was the kids State Farm insurance refused to pay for anything due to the criminal actions.

Thankfully that situation ended there. Could imagine how that would go today with the lack of respect many people have for everyone but themselves.
    That is some justice right there. It would've been better if the little punk had broken about 15 bones and spent the next six months in the hospital recovering.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links