Road rage - 24 year old woman and 60 year old man - Page 2

Road rage - 24 year old woman and 60 year old man

This is a discussion on Road rage - 24 year old woman and 60 year old man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by jmf552 I found a report from CBS that said "Witnesses told CBS affiliate KIRO they saw the man hit the woman before ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Road rage - 24 year old woman and 60 year old man

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I found a report from CBS that said "Witnesses told CBS affiliate KIRO they saw the man hit the woman before the fatal shot."
    I, of course, don't know a darned thing about this incident but my bold guess is the SOB needed shootin'.

I sure wouldn't want my epitaph to read that I was gunned down in a road rage incident, muchless the age and sex of the shooter.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

What kind of total derelict hits a woman over a traffic incident when he is in an SUV and she is on a motorcycle? My guess is that she was lane splitting (which is legal in Ca.) and he got ticked off by it.
    Libertywheel and Phaedrus like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    What kind of total derelict hits a woman over a traffic incident when he is in an SUV and she is on a motorcycle? My guess is that she was lane splitting (which is legal in Ca.) and he got ticked off by it.
    My guess would be that she was wearing full leathers and a helmet, making gender recognition difficult. Not that it makes any difference, if he was the aggressor, he's dead, she's not.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    My guess would be that she was wearing full leathers and a helmet, making gender recognition difficult. Not that it makes any difference, if he was the aggressor, he's dead, she's not.
    I found out online that she is 5' 3" and 110 pounds. I'd guess female no matter what she was wearing.

Some other updates:
    • A male witness reports that the man (the deceased) had the woman (the shooter) pinned against the median and was beating her. The witness got out of his car to intervene just as the woman fired the shot.
    • Anther report said the male (deceased) was slamming her helmet into the median and ground.
    • There is allegedly dashcam video made by a witness, video the police are not releasing. (My guess is that if they have video, and those witnesses, yet they released her, they must be buying her SD defense, at least for the time being.)
    • The woman (shooter) made a stupid social post some time ago saying that a lady had been tailgating her, and she pulled up her jacket to reveal her gun and then the lady backed off. (I will bet she regrets posting that!)
    • Someone posted a photo, allegedly of her carry set up, taken from social media, shown below.

Name:  Aubrey's Carry.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  10.6 KB
    Pete63, sgb, CreedDryrot and 4 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The woman (shooter) made a stupid social post some time ago saying that a lady had been tailgating her, and she pulled up her jacket to reveal her gun and then the lady backed off. (I will bet she regrets posting that!)
    Ooooo....that's gonna hurt. BUT, if the gut instinct I'm catching reading these reports (and between the lines) is close, she defended herself in a situation not of her doing (the agressor). I've driven that stretch of I-5 many, many times....armed even. It's a road-ragers nightmare during most daylight hours, twice as bad at rush hour.

Our young solider did good if I'm guessing right.......all the info still needs to be weighed though.

Why in hades did the guy leave his vehicle? This was not smart move.
    goldshellback likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Never a good idea to pull over over a road incident. Dial 911 a boogie on out of there. "Good" shot or not, it's better to run than gun. Then again, even on a bike, it might have been difficult to run seeing as it seemed it was in road construction. Lots of what ifs that aren't answered in the news, and probably won't be known until long after the incident is over, and even then, not everything will make it to the public, especially if it was a justified use of force, given the liberal swing of the press.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

From a thread running on Pirate4x4: post #163 The poster is a friend of the shooter and set up a Gofundme page to help with her costs.

Apparently, the prosecutor was on a local radio program.

It was the pierce county prosecutor saying he had a dash cam going and it showed he's the aggressor. 99.9% there won't be charges.

Unfortunately this guys family and friends are going nuts. 100% there will be a civil suit.

One of the friends has been messaging w a friend and said "I'm not saying he wasn't a hot head or an *******, but she didn't have to kill him"

Which makes me think they all know he was an ******* with issues
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Never a good idea to pull over over a road incident. Dial 911 a boogie on out of there. "Good" shot or not, it's better to run than gun. Then again, even on a bike, it might have been difficult to run seeing as it seemed it was in road construction. Lots of what ifs that aren't answered in the news, and probably won't be known until long after the incident is over, and even then, not everything will make it to the public, especially if it was a justified use of force, given the liberal swing of the press.
    Sounds like she might not have pulled over, but rather was boxed in. From what I read, she was stopped in traffic in the HOV lane. Motorcycles can use the HOV lanes in WA. The man pulled up beside her on the shoulder in a big SUV, I guess that would have to be the left shoulder, and got out and approached her. She may have had nowhere to go. She got off the bike, which makes sense to me. For a motorcyclist, you don't want to have a hostile approaching you while you are still on your bike. At least one of your hands is tied up and you can't move your body.

Of course, if she had seen this coming, a good move might have been to evade him by driving up the left shoulder. She might have been able to outrun him. Two problems I see with this are:
    • He could have followed her up the shoulder and intentionally run her over.
    • There are a lot of biker-haters out there. If they see a bike coming up the shoulder, sometimes they will open doors on you or swerve in your way. From the pictures, it looks like there is nowhere to go off that shoulder. It is blocked by concrete "jersey barriers."

I have a motorcyclist and that is one more reason I am getting a self-defense legal plan. I try to follow the rules of the road and be courteous, but some people just have it in for bikers. If I get into it with one of them, it is not going to be a simple self-defense incident, it is going to be seen as a "road rage incident" which puts a different spin on it. I am also considering getting a camera.
    Phaedrus and Rock and Glock like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Ooooo....that's gonna hurt. BUT, if the gut instinct I'm catching reading these reports (and between the lines) is close, she defended herself in a situation not of her doing (the agressor). I've driven that stretch of I-5 many, many times....armed even. It's a road-ragers nightmare during most daylight hours, twice as bad at rush hour.

Our young solider did good if I'm guessing right.......all the info still needs to be weighed though.
    If you donít ride a motorcycle, you do not know how intemidating a tailgater in a big car is. I home the tape and witnesses back her story, otherwise we have another story for the Anti gun groups.
    msgt/ret, airslot, Doogie and 3 others like this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

"There's a lot of road rage in this area, especially with all the construction and the traffic. It's pretty bizarre to have it end in such a horrible way as this," said Bova.
    Does anyone else find this to be a weak statement? People getting mad in traffic, and then finding it 'bizarre' that an altercation happens. At what point do we start assuming people take responsibility for their actions and reactions?

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I found out online that she is 5' 3" and 110 pounds. I'd guess female no matter what she was wearing.

Some other updates:
    • A male witness reports that the man (the deceased) had the woman (the shooter) pinned against the median and was beating her. The witness got out of his car to intervene just as the woman fired the shot.
    • Anther report said the male (deceased) was slamming her helmet into the median and ground.
    • There is allegedly dashcam video made by a witness, video the police are not releasing. (My guess is that if they have video, and those witnesses, yet they released her, they must be buying her SD defense, at least for the time being.)
    • The woman (shooter) made a stupid social post some time ago saying that a lady had been tailgating her, and she pulled up her jacket to reveal her gun and then the lady backed off. (I will bet she regrets posting that!)
    • Someone posted a photo, allegedly of her carry set up, taken from social media, shown below.

Name:  Aubrey's Carry.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  10.6 KB
    Wow that's a really nice holster clip thing the way it fits over her tight motorcycle riding pants......
    goldshellback likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post
    Does anyone else find this to be a weak statement? People getting mad in traffic, and then finding it 'bizarre' that an altercation happens. At what point do we start assuming people take responsibility for their actions and reactions?
    Dude it's California
    frgood likes this.

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    Wow that's a really nice holster clip thing the way it fits over her tight motorcycle riding pants......

It looks like it "prints" a little bit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links