14 Year-Old Female Student Stabbed Multiple Times in School Assembly

This is a discussion on 14 Year-Old Female Student Stabbed Multiple Times in School Assembly within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A senior student at the school told News 4 that it was 'one of the most horrific sights he had ever witnessed. The teenager said ...

Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By PhaedrusIV
  • 3 Post By blueronin
  • 5 Post By HotBrass45
  • 3 Post By CG11
  • 4 Post By 1942bull
  • 1 Post By RedSafety

Thread: 14 Year-Old Female Student Stabbed Multiple Times in School Assembly

VIP Member

A senior student at the school told News 4 that it was 'one of the most horrific sights he had ever witnessed.

The teenager said that other students actually came to the victim's aid, and were able to pull the 14-year-old male student off of her.
    He said the others students held the suspect against a wall.

After the stabbing, Luther Public Schools released the following statement:

“There was an incident at the High School Assembly this morning at the Auditorium. The situation is under control , all students are safe.

All but one, I presume. I'm sure the Mainstream National news outlets are all over this story.

Oh, and make sure teachers can't carry guns at school.

https://kfor.com/2018/08/16/official...hool-assembly/
    CG11, OD*, gatorbait51 and 1 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I smell a lawsuit coming. Schools will continue to have victims of vioence untill they quit being soft targets.

"Luther teachers will soon be able to defend their classrooms against attackers. The Luther Public School Board adopted a policy this week that will allow some teachers and staff to carry guns.

However, teachers and staff were not armed during the stabbing incident because the policy is not yet active. "

Luther Public Schools Staff To Undergo Training To Carry Firearm - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

This is a horrific occurrence that is probably all about the relationship between the victim and the perpetrator. I would think that some saw this coming. While I'm glad the staff are arming and training, I wonder what the reaction would have been had the attacker been shot and killed by a staff member? Once again, it's how these kids are being raised and the values they are taught which give them the skills they need (or not) to navigate the ups and downs of life. Violent response is too accepted among young people as an acceptable solution to many issues.

Ex Member
    It was good to read that students stopped the attack and subdued the attacker. They stood up to danger and prevented the situation from being worse. Hats off to them for courage under under duress.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Armed is good, but armed with what? Pepper spray isn't good in confined spaces. They need pistols and they need tasers. But as CG11 says, it begins with society and how these kids are being raised today. Too many are being coddled, being spoiled, not allowed to experience pain, and no discipline. They have been trained to expect things given to them. We are raising a nation of spoiled brats.
    Poorly likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by blueronin View Post
    I smell a lawsuit coming. Schools will continue to have victims of vioence untill they quit being soft targets.
    I agree! Banning Knives won't help either. Schools need to take security seriously and not rely on politically implemented bans and regulations. Schools need to be hard targets. That means limiting the number of entrances and exits, metal detectors, photo IDs, etc. A weapon that can't get into the school can't do harm in the school. I like arming teachers as a last resort, but not the first response.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Sponsored Links