Bodycam Video Released in Fountain Hills Terrorism Case - Page 2

Bodycam Video Released in Fountain Hills Terrorism Case

This is a discussion on Bodycam Video Released in Fountain Hills Terrorism Case within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gasmitty Guess he's not getting those 72 virgins anytime soon. I couldn't tell where he was hit, but I'm surprised he wasn't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Bodycam Video Released in Fountain Hills Terrorism Case

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Guess he's not getting those 72 virgins anytime soon.

I couldn't tell where he was hit, but I'm surprised he wasn't more incapacitated by what appeared to be two COM hits at close range.
    Yep, and that's really a crying shame.

As TSKnight suggested some time back in another thread, this guy needed a double tap or two.

The officer doesn't appear to be panicked. I wonder if he was positioning himself for a clear background, instead of shooting towards an occupied building.
    dangerranger, OD* and msgt/ret like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Guess he's not getting those 72 virgins anytime soon.

I couldn't tell where he was hit, but I'm surprised he wasn't more incapacitated by what appeared to be two COM hits at close range.
    Makes me think of the Minnesota mall attack, where the officer had to shoot him to the ground twice. Even after the second time, he would still have been a threat if he'd had a gun, despite six hits (including one to the head).
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Got no comment on the distance, or desire to QB it.

However, that appeared to me to be a meat target failure, but it did provide a stop.

He was an ugly little somethin too, and a couple of face shots would have made a vast improvement.
    maxwell97, gasmitty and msgt/ret like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Did the little turd really think he was not going to get shot? DR
    GpTom likes this.

This could have turned out so differently if the officer had not acted when he did. The fool was given many chances to stop advancing with knife in hand. This officer remained calm and focused, he avoided shooting until the last possible seconds. This put his safety in danger to avoid harming the attacker. He is a professional. A big salute to you sir. Carry on.
    Frodebro likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    The officer knows a lot better what it takes to stop somebody than I would know. I would have probably shot a few more times to make sure. But I carry a .380 and it sounded like the officer had a bigger gun than that. Maybe he was more confident that he could stop him when he did. Glad that it turned out okay for the officer.

One handed point shoulder shots, well below eye level. First thing I picked up on was his choice of a threat focused skill.
    gasmitty, G-man*, Risasi and 3 others like this.

I don't have a lot of experience with people who have been shot, But I was surprised at how quickly he dropped. He did not seem to be incapacitated but just lost the will to fight. When I compare that to equal sized animals, They either run or fight! Till they are unable to move.
    I just expected this guy to be high and fight on! DR
    OD* likes this.

Senior Moderator
    The dirtbag put in his order for 'lead', but the delivery seemed to be a little late...still effective, but a bit late.
    OD*, AzQkr and msgt/ret like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    I don't have a lot of experience with people who have been shot, But I was surprised at how quickly he dropped. He did not seem to be incapacitated but just lost the will to fight. When I compare that to equal sized animals, They either run or fight! Till they are unable to move.
    I just expected this guy to be high and fight on! DR
    He could have kept coming but decided to crumble/give up. Most would have given up at the point of the gun. He tested the officers will to fire, he lost.

All's well that ends well.
    OD* likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    he probably whined and asked why he was shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    This could have turned out so differently if the officer had not acted when he did. The fool was given many chances to stop advancing with knife in hand. This officer remained calm and focused, he avoided shooting until the last possible seconds. This put his safety in danger to avoid harming the attacker. He is a professional. A big salute to you sir. Carry on.
    I got the impression that the officer had mentally drawn a line on the ground between him and the nutcase, and wasn't going to shoot unless that line was crossed. And when the idiot did cross that line, that was it. In fact, I would almost bet that the officer would not have shot him at all if he could have kept the guy at a safe distance until more backup arrived to help otherwise subdue him. But, the guy decided to press his luck and close that gap. He chose poorly.
    Double Naught Spy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    He could have kept coming but decided to crumble/give up. Most would have given up at the point of the gun. He tested the officers will to fire, he lost.
    I guess that's what I see as odd. If I have it in me to charge a gun, I'm either going to fight on or run like hell! If I didn't mind dieing Why just curl up in a ball? Not that any of us can know what was in this turds head. DR
    AzQkr likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links