Sandy Hook families can sue Remington - Page 2

Sandy Hook families can sue Remington

This is a discussion on Sandy Hook families can sue Remington within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by jmf552 The CT Supreme Court is allowing the plaintiffs to sue on "the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CT Unfair ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook families can sue Remington

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The CT Supreme Court is allowing the plaintiffs to sue on "the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CT Unfair Trades Practices Act by 'marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes,' and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So the suit is no longer about what Remington manufactured, but how they marketed it. It claims that they marketed the rifle to people for criminal use. I think this is going to be a tough sell, since the gun was not even bought by the Sandy Hook perpetrator, but his mother, who was also killed by the perpetrator. There is no indication that the mother had a criminal intent.
    I seem to remember the mother had a connection to the FBI also.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    The CT Supreme Court is allowing the plaintiffs to sue on "the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CT Unfair Trades Practices Act by 'marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes,' and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So the suit is no longer about what Remington manufactured, but how they marketed it. It claims that they marketed the rifle to people for criminal use. I think this is going to be a tough sell, since the gun was not even bought by the Sandy Hook perpetrator, but his mother, who was also killed by the perpetrator. There is no indication that the mother had a criminal intent.
    if they go down this path, Hollyweird with all the violent movies, and music videos celebrating gang thug culture about gun totin cop killin gangs should be targeted first by the left. That is blatant promotion and sensationalizing, glorifying death destruction by criminals.

Ridiculous!.......Similar to Blaming the Auto Manufacturers for allowing the Alcoholic to get behind the steering wheel. Blaming the Cable Company for dead batteries in the remote.
    Sister, OD*, PhaedrusIV and 1 others like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

If the money of the wealthy, whether they be individuals or businesses, can't be stolen by taxes then it can be stolen with lawsuits. All part of the take from thee and give to me redistribute the wealth plan.
    Sister, matthew03 and airslot like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Women are getting raped because national news stations dress and paint their women cast up to look like hookers, can the victims sue the news stations?
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Except all those commercials have a subtext: "Professional Driver, closed course, do not attempt." Lawyers wrote that, not marketers. I can see gun manufacturers putting warnings on all their materials, "Do not use for criminal purposes."
    Well, I've never caught the Remington tv spot that pushes customers to go out and shoot their neighbors either...
    airslot, redmc, OD* and 4 others like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    The Supreme Court will most likely end with, and strike down this ruling. It's stupid that this would even reach that far, but the crazies keep getting elected. People that my parents and grandparents would have just smiled at and ignored. The smiling being the general politeness of the times.

Most of the "village idiots" as they would have been called, would never have been elected to anything.
    airslot, matthew03, redmc and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    If this happens doesn't this set a president for people to sue auto makers or anyone else that has a product used in case of death resulting from the use of their product?
    Someone kills someone with a bat.

I guess Louisville Slugger can be sued.
    OD*, hogdaddy, halem1 and 2 others like this.

So how do I determine who to sue for the extra pounds around my middle??? Oh, I know, I'll do it the liberal way = I'll sue everybody!!!
    matthew03, OD* and Sister like this.

Old Jimmy Beam is walking a narrow line in my case... Nothing will be my fault.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Old Jimmy Beam is walking a narrow line in my case... Nothing will be my fault.
    You win the interwebs today, Sir.
    airslot, OldVet, OD* and 4 others like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

The families filed a lawsuit against Remington in 2015, alleging that the company manufactured and marketed a military weapon that ended up in the hands of a civilian.
    Show me ONE military, anywhere in the world, that has equipped its troops with the Bushmaster XM15- E2S. Until you can do that, there's nothing to talk about.

Is the Bushmaster xm15 e2s mil spec?

No, not at all. Here's a quick down and dirty of how mil-spec the Bushmaster XM15-e2s is not. First, the buffer tube is a commercial tube, not a mil-spec tube. ... The Bushmaster XM15-e2s's bolt carrier group is a semi-auto BCG.
    Yogi223, OldVet, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Oh well...another story where the 2A takes a hit. A small cut. It's just one small cut. She has only taken a few hundred thousand of these small cuts. I mean for real...who dies a death of a thousand cuts?
    redmc, OD*, airslot and 4 others like this.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    So how do I determine who to sue for the extra pounds around my middle??? Oh, I know, I'll do it the liberal way = I'll sue everybody!!!
    There have been several people that sued fast food restaurants for "making them fat". One guy in Brazil even won!
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    A sure cure to wasteful, time consuming law suits is for the loser to have to pay the legal costs of the winner...like that's going to ever happen.
    The winners need to file a wasteful, time-consuming lawsuit to force the losers to pay. That will show them! I agree that these baseless suits should cost the plaintiff dearly when lost/tossed.
    Rockymonster, Sister and Nmuskier like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links