Sandy Hook families can sue Remington

This is a discussion on Sandy Hook families can sue Remington within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can't forsee this being a successful suit but the world is upside down now and nothing is impossible. https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...e--I11hwI6rpIo...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook families can sue Remington

Can't forsee this being a successful suit but the world is upside down now and nothing is impossible.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...e--I11hwI6rpIo
    redmc, Sister, CG11 and 3 others like this.

Senior Moderator
    A sure cure to wasteful, time consuming law suits is for the loser to have to pay the legal costs of the winner...like that's going to ever happen.
    niks, Spotsticker, Sister and 9 others like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: ďThe prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.Ē

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

If this happens doesn't this set a president for people to sue auto makers or anyone else that has a product used in case of death resulting from the use of their product?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ex Member

CT Supreme Court rules that Remington can be sued by Sandy Hook victims.

The Connecticut Supreme Court overturned an appealís court decision today and opened the door for the victims and families affected by the Sandy Hook schools shooting can sue Remington who manufactured the rifle used. You can read a news report on this development here.

So I guess my neighbors family can sue Stanley after he killed his wife with a hammer..............just ridiculous, IMO.
    Gabill, Sister, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.

This should scare auto manufacturers. The rationale employed could also be used anytime someone was killed by a car designed and advertised to go really fast.
    Risasi, Sister, hogdaddy and 5 others like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

That is absolutely ridiculous. There must be a way to shut down these liberals but I donít have a clue how that would be done.

Really tired of all the Democrats and the Liberals and the gun haters getting all the press. The Republicans and the law-abiding gun owners must stand up and be heard but I donít know if thatíll ever happen either.
    OldVet, airslot, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Merged.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Beyond absurd. To be BLUNT...The tool worked exactly as it was supposed to. What is to sue?
    Sister, airslot, Merovius and 1 others like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    If this happens doesn't this set a president for people to sue auto makers or anyone else that has a product used in case of death resulting from the use of their product?
    So the article states it is because of the way Remington marketed the gun. So all these car commercials showing the vehicle maneuvering at high speed opens them right up to the same...
    OD*, redmc, Risasi and 12 others like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

The CT Supreme Court is allowing the plaintiffs to sue on "the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CT Unfair Trades Practices Act by 'marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes,' and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So the suit is no longer about what Remington manufactured, but how they marketed it. It claims that they marketed the rifle to people for criminal use. I think this is going to be a tough sell, since the gun was not even bought by the Sandy Hook perpetrator, but his mother, who was also killed by the perpetrator. There is no indication that the mother had a criminal intent.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    So the article states it is because of the way Remington marketed the gun. So all these car commercials showing the vehicle maneuvering at high speed opens them right up to the same...
    Except all those commercials have a subtext: "Professional Driver, closed course, do not attempt." Lawyers wrote that, not marketers. I can see gun manufacturers putting warnings on all their materials, "Do not use for criminal purposes."
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

This is all part of the same vein of the commie reprobate mind share pervading this country:

At 1:38 - "Mr. Sloan, why was the bank involved in caging of children, and the financing of the caging of children to begin with?"

then she doubles down;

At 2:56 - "Since Wells Fargo financed the building of this pipeline in an environmentally unstable way, why shouldn't the bank be held responsible for the cleanup of the disasters of these projects?"

It would be comical if it weren't so serious. There is a complete lack of reason and logic, and adherence to accurate facts with the law makers and the judicial branches within our Federal, State and Local branches of government. It's all about emotion and "fairness".

The inmates truly are running the insane asylum now. The most sobering thought is that they are also in charge of the academic world in this country. They are busy teaching the next generation to not think just like them. One can let their mind run wild trying to anticipate the unintended consequences of such an illogical precedent being set.

Transform America, indeed...

I guess his mother is not responsible for buying the weapon and not properly storing the weapon where he could not get his hands on it? Wow, sounds like a far reach to me. Who knows?
    airslot, OD* and baren like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    can you sue chevron for burning yourself using gasoline on a bonfire?

Let's get a class action suit of 300 million people against CONgress for putting us 20 trillion in debt. That is actually a real case with good standing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links