Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego) - Page 4

Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego)

This is a discussion on Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wasn't aware they cleared her, too...excellent!!! May it never be required....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego)

VIP Member
    I wasn't aware they cleared her, too...excellent!!! May it never be required.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    I wasn't aware they cleared her, too...excellent!!! May it never be required.
    No, she is neither licensed, nor cleared. She is, however, trained and trustworthy. If it ever comes to that, her status will be the least of our worries.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

VIP Member
    Research your laws to find a necessity law or exigent circumstance laws...may be within your deadly force statutes. It sucks to have to find a way around those who think they know what's best for us, yet, if it hits the fan, always bleat "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING."

I've found it's easy to carry a full-sized pistol and mags in a zip-up Bible case...which one might lay on the seat beside one's mate and say "Here, Honey, would you watch this for me?"
    Bikenut, Mike1956, Havok and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Doesn't matter where I am those I trust know where I carry my guns and they also know they are expected to avail themselves of one or more of them if I'm down and haven't given them one already.
    Mike1956 and Snub44 like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Doesn't matter where I am those I trust know where I carry my guns and they also know they are expected to avail themselves of one or more of them if I'm down and haven't given them one already.
    Ditto, although my circle of trust is usually very small.
    Snub44 and Bikenut like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    Research your laws to find a necessity law or exigent circumstance laws...may be within your deadly force statutes. It sucks to have to find a way around those who think they know what's best for us, yet, if it hits the fan, always bleat "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING."

I've found it's easy to carry a full-sized pistol and mags in a zip-up Bible case...which one might lay on the seat beside one's mate and say "Here, Honey, would you watch this for me?"
    Bible-thumping carried to new heights...
    Snub44, graydude, Risasi and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Mine includes three sons and one friend...and decidedly NOT my spouse.
    Mike1956 and OD* like this.

I think it's important to remember that some armed resistance is better than none. I'm inspired by the actions of Charl Van Wyck in the St. James Church massacre in S. Africa, 1993. Three terrorists, armed with military rifles and grenades. The objective was to create 500 casualties in the congregation. Van Wyck, a missionary, chased them off with a five shot Rossi .38. Only 11 dead and 50 wounded. He saved a lot of lives with the little snubby against tall odds.

This might now work every time, but I think most of these guys are cowards, ironically even the ones who eventually commit suicide. The Sandy Hook guy offed himself as soon as the first cop showed up, even though he had that cop out gunned.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I think it's important to remember that some armed resistance is better than none. I'm inspired by the actions of Charl Van Wyck in the St. James Church massacre in S. Africa, 1993. Three terrorists, armed with military rifles and grenades. The objective was to create 500 casualties in the congregation. Van Wyck, a missionary, chased them off with a five shot Rossi .38. Only 11 dead and 50 wounded. He saved a lot of lives with the little snubby against tall odds.

This might now work every time, but I think most of these guys are cowards, ironically even the ones who eventually commit suicide. The Sandy Hook guy offed himself as soon as the first cop showed up, even though he had that cop out gunned.
    I'm trying to conceive of a circumstance in which a small gun is worse than no gun...
    Snub44, BMcPhe44 and Risasi like this.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Well Mike.......now the Board should rest at ease your in attendance once again....Hmmmm...going to my new Granddaughters Christening at church on Sunday with the whole family...and don't think for a second I'm not concerned here in this God For Saken place called NJ with no real means of self defense. It's just a bad situation here.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Well Mike.......now the Board should rest at ease your in attendance once again....Hmmmm...going to my new Granddaughters Christening at church on Sunday with the whole family...and don't think for a second I'm not concerned here in this God For Saken place called NJ with no real means of self defense. It's just a bad situation here.
    A like only because I sympathize.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Lethal force at touching distance is what inspired me to seek out longer range weapons.

Keep the faith, Brother. At least you're not in Canada.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HtipPCt317Y
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Yes, I generally agree but, I would point out one thing you mention in your post "He had nothing but his Glock" which is not the same as "He had nothing but his LCP" or P32 or NAA 22.
    QUITE different, as it proved out. Here's a play-by-play...a serious weapon, proper training, good SA, and a made-up mind all contributed to the success...

https://www.policeone.com/active-sho...rorist-attack/

I submit the likelihood that had he been armed with a snub...or a micro 9mm...the results would have been very different. He brought enough gun.
    OD* and forester58 like this.

VIP Member
    Here's some more on the shooter, which I'm not seeing reported in American media:

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/deta...rson-1.7170924

"Trump Is 'Traitorous, Zionist,' Suspected Poway Synagogue Shooter Writes in Online Manifesto"
    Snub44 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'd rather read more about the love-filled 60-year-old lady who took the rabbi's bullets by jumping in front of him, and the class teacher who covered her students' bodies with her own, getting shot while she did it. Love triumphed over hate...again!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links