Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego)

This is a discussion on Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; https://theconservativetreehouse.com...y-of-passover/ I went looking for another thread on this. Didn't see one. This guy sounds like an absolute lunatic: https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/john-earnest/ Apparently an off duty border ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Another Synagogue Shooting - Poway, CA (Near San Diego)

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...y-of-passover/

I went looking for another thread on this. Didn't see one.

This guy sounds like an absolute lunatic:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/john-earnest/

Apparently an off duty border patrol agent took pot-shots at the shooter. May or may not be a member of that synagogue.

Update: Twitter user claims to have been in the process of reporting the shooter with an eight minute advance warning. Should have called 911 too, I guess: https://twitter.com/AricVictor/statu...41051069050881
    Snub44, CG11 and OldChap like this.

VIP Member
    Thank God he was scared off before he could hurt any more people. I'm sure the media and the liberals are going to eat this up and spew it out in anti-gun language.
    airslot, msgt/ret and OldChap like this.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Thank God he was scared off before he could hurt any more people. I'm sure the media and the liberals are going to eat this up and spew it out in anti-gun language.
    Chump chump yum yum.... I'm a liberal and I am eating this up... oh wait a minute, I am not eating this up. I am calling for all places of religious practice to be prepared for crazies who attack, and if that means a church security force and religious leaders packing then that's what it needs to be. If it means metal detectors at the door then that's what it needs to be. Trying to push back on the crazies is the hardest of all, because they have no motive (e.g, robbery) other than to hate and harm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by alabamaguy View Post
    Chump chump yum yum.... I'm a liberal and I am eating this up... oh wait a minute, I am not eating this up. I am calling for all places of religious practice to be prepared for crazies who attack, and if that means a church security force and religious leaders packing then that's what it needs to be. If it means metal detectors at the door then that's what it needs to be. Trying to push back on the crazies is the hardest of all, because they have no motive (e.g, robbery) other than to hate and harm.
    Metal detectors? Why flag the good people who are armed?
    msgt/ret, Risasi, OD* and 8 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Our technology has advanced so far away that we can not understand our own children. They dance like God's in shadows.

Well, that's what you get, said Prometheus.
    QKShooter and BigJon10125 like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    And the anti-gunners are already calling for more gun control despite the fact that CA already is among the states with a lot of gun control laws already. I "guess" they think they can legislate or regulate the social problems away.
    airslot and baren like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” - Spock - Star Trek VI : The Undiscovered Country

How should we control the nature of a wildly enlightened, technological beast?
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

*wrings hands*...but peace and love and rainbows will stop evil men, right?
    OldChap and baren like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Time to set an example. When they catch these crazy little jackwagons alive, like this one, I think they should be punished is a manner that makes the nation gasp. Maybe it would dissuade the next one. I'd be willing to at least try it a few times.
    Vexmaw, Risasi, bullet183 and 1 others like this.
    It's not waterboarding if you use JP-8

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    How should we control the nature of a wildly enlightened, technological beast?
    Don't need to. Gun control's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaguy View Post
    Pushing back against the crazies is even harder when you actually push back against the people they attack instead of them.
    airslot and OldVet like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

This was in California, one of the states with the strictest gun control. Good for the border patrol agent for taking a shot at him, I only wish the border patrol agent hit him instead of just his vehicle.

This creep would not want law abiding and responsible gun owners on his jury.
    airslot likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Don't need to. Gun control's the answer.
    We could give them something to do. Building rockets for sending Congress to Mars, for example.
    montejames likes this.
    Doghandler
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Saw somewhere that the shooter may have had a malfunction and did not know how to clear it, which if so, would have been a blessing for the worshippers.

I have worked security for churches, and I have many brother officers who work local churches, usually layering the security with both uniformed officers at entrances and parking lots and non uniformed officers in the congregation. Sad that the US has come to this, but such is life.

Scum like that guy should be met with a hail of lead at the door and be sent to whatever level of Hell is reserved for murderers.
    forester58 and airslot like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links