Dallas Shooting Yesterday

This is a discussion on Dallas Shooting Yesterday within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesterday around 12 o'clock we got an email saying 4 of our officers for the private security company were involved in a shootout with an ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Dallas Shooting Yesterday

VIP Member

Yesterday around 12 o'clock we got an email saying 4 of our officers for the private security company were involved in a shootout with an active shooter. I wanted to post it right then but figured I would wait for some of the facts.

The media of course reported that "Federal Officers" Were involved in taking down Brian Isaac Clyde who attempted to shoot up the Earle Cabell federal building in Dallas TX. Well, ACTUALLY, the guys that stood their ground and ended the fight were Protective Service Officers, (PSO) who are contracted by our company. Some of the folks have looked at the pictures and say our guys ran, when in actuallity the picture of the PSO who is running is taking rounds and in the left corner you can see the shooter. He evacuated all personnel while 3 other PSOs returned fire and ended the fight.

The 3 in uniform are PSO's the other in the jacket with the US Marshall lanyard is I believe a Court Service Officer contracted to the US Marshalls who is also a contracted Officer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dallas Shooting Yesterday-screen-shot-2019-06-18-7.31.47-pm.png  

VIP Member
    There is a photo of a African American PSO officer who appears to be running away, however, he is actually seeking cover . If you look close you can see the rounds impacting above his head and in the left middle of the screen of the original photo you will see the shooter in front of the car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dallas Shooting Yesterday-screen-shot-2019-06-18-7.24.39-pm.png  

Dallas Shooting Yesterday-screen-shot-2019-06-18-8.58.34-pm.png  

Attached Images  

The memes that have come from this have been great.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I've worked with some first rate private security officers and some I wouldn't trust with a pea-shooter.

Those officers deserve some recognition for a job well done.
    The contract company deserves some recognition too. For hiring competent people and, from the looks of it, providing them with relevant training.
    The threat response appeared to be fairly coordinated and obviously successful.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    The guy in the jacket in the first picture needs to work on his trigger finger discipline.
    simple_man17 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    It would appear the PSOs all returned fire with pistols. For some reason I was under the impression they returned fire with ARs. That was some pretty good counter fire at that distance if all they used were hand guns.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Perhaps they might be contracted to give some training to Brevard County - that's taking care of business.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Perhaps they might be contracted to give some training to Brevard County - that's taking care of business.
    I think you meant Broward Co. Although Brevard might be in need of the help just as badly.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    The guy in the jacket in the first picture needs to work on his trigger finger discipline.
    That's your big takeaway?
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Yesterday around 12 o'clock we got an email saying 4 of our officers for the private security company were involved in a shootout with an active shooter. I wanted to post it right then but figured I would wait for some of the facts.

The media of course reported that "Federal Officers" Were involved in taking down Brian Isaac Clyde who attempted to shoot up the Earle Cabell federal building in Dallas TX. Well, ACTUALLY, the guys that stood their ground and ended the fight were Protective Service Officers, (PSO) who are contracted by our company. Some of the folks have looked at the pictures and say our guys ran, when in actuallity the picture of the PSO who is running is taking rounds and in the left corner you can see the shooter. He evacuated all personnel while 3 other PSOs returned fire and ended the fight.

The 3 in uniform are PSO's the other in the jacket with the US Marshall lanyard is I believe a Court Service Officer contracted to the US Marshalls who is also a contracted Officer.
    Thought I would share a couple comments I heard this morning.
    The three uniforms are zeroed in on the active threat. The suit is in search mode for other possible threats with his back to an active threat.
    Some of that is training, but it also says something about the kind of people they are.
    Texas Red, msgt/ret and DZUS like this.
    Democracy:
    Freedom:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    There is a photo of a African American PSO officer who appears to be running away, however, he is actually seeking cover . If you look close you can see the rounds impacting above his head and in the left middle of the screen of the original photo you will see the shooter in front of the car.
    Can't make it do a multiple quote.

Comment from the same source.
    This guy is obviously not running away. If he was simply running for cover, there is cover directly behind him from where he could hide from or engage the threat.
    His back is to incoming rounds, but he is moving towards bystanders on the street. Doing his job. Clearing people out of harms way.
    Democracy:
    Freedom:

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Thought I would share a couple comments I heard this morning.
    The three uniforms are zeroed in on the active threat. The suit is in search mode for other possible threats with his back to an active threat.
    Some of that is training, but it also says something about the kind of people they are.
    GGs w guns and training.

As an aside, I'm curious about the perp's (I decline to use his name) motives and history. Drug use? SSRIs ever prescribed? Psych care at any time? Did he leave a note? (They typically do.)

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That's your big takeaway?
    Yep, especially considering it's one of the 4 rules talked about so much.

Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, or does that only apply to some people?

VIP Member

Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, or does that only apply to some people?
    The safety rules have built in redundancies to protect against tragedy. Let me be clear, I'm not saying you should again I'm not saying you should, but you can get away with violating 1 safety rule, its when you violate 2 safety rules that your moments away from tragedy. Yes he is violating trigger finger discipline, but he's pointing in the safest direction possible.

The fact of the matter is Good guys 1 Bad guy 0.

Now I do have one complaint about the guy with his finger on the trigger, as it pertains to the live video. If you watch the video of the shooting from the ground. When the camera goes up and starts filling the guys workin on the guy on the ground, you see the same guy in the suit just staring at the body for a few minutes. He could have been "Finding Work" like start helping to secure the scene, or watch for other shooters. However, dynamic high stress situation, nobody got a dirt nap except the BG. I can live with that.
    Mike1956 likes this.

VIP Member

With inbound rounds coming, he was definitely ready to shoot.
    montejames likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links