Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11 - Page 2

Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11

This is a discussion on Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Novarider "He said to her, "Nobody's gonna point a gun at me and get away with it."" That might get him in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    "He said to her, "Nobody's gonna point a gun at me and get away with it.""

That might get him in some trouble if it goes to trial. That "sounds" like vigilantism. Especially to those that are anti gun.

I'm not saying that's what it is. I have no problem at all with him shooting them but imagine how that would sound to a jury full of madd moms.

If you have to shoot someone keep your mouth shut!
    Sounds like adrenaline-induced utterance in the heat of the moment.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    Here is an update on those involved:

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...48a7a786d.html
    The Old Anglo and airslot like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "Police have not said whether they'll charge the bystander."

Shouldn't even be a consideration.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, the use of a firearm by anyone other than law enforcement is automatically assumed to be unlawful by many. That statement would make as much sense as:

In other news, a man was seen purchasing groceries (or insert any other lawful activity). Police have not said whether he will be charged.
    Frodebro likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator

Just ONCE I'd love to read, "the PTA have not said if the armed bystander will be considered for their Man of the Year award" instead of that standard drivel.
    OldVet, airslot, graydude and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

The police probably didn't say anything about charging the good guy, but the reporter felt compelled to throw that in there just to make it appear to be an issue. Remember, reporters don't simply report the news anymore, they strive to create it as well.

Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11

The original story left me with the impression that the robbers did not fire their guns. So did the customer shoot the clerk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

The good guy with a gun was not charged;

http://www.pilotonline.com/news/crim...cf1d0ab32.html

Glad to see a bad guy change his ways - permanently. Thanks, good guy! To the wounded bg survivor - did you learn anything??

I wouldn't want this to happen anywhere, but it is ironic that it happened in Virginia Beach, where there was that mass shooting that has our legislature all in a turmoil about gun control. I lived there for six years in the Navy. Hardly anything used to happen back then, but that was decades ago.

Personally, I'm now studiously avoiding convenience stores at night and Walmarts any time. If you are in a convenience store at 2 AM, you are either working nights, for which you have my sympathy, or you just want to get in a gunfight.
    matthew03 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

New Member Array rodgersfam1980's Avatar

I agree in principle, but concede it is not a terrible idea to allow time for LE and DA to build forensics and witness-buttressed justifications in advance of announcing "no charges."

Especially valuable in cases where local politics tend toward the victimhood card being played.

But certainly, no one being thus investigated for an apparent self-defense shooting should be detained as that investigation is underway.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Personally, I'm now studiously avoiding convenience stores at night and Walmarts any time. If you are in a convenience store at 2 AM, you are either working nights, for which you have my sympathy, or you just want to get in a gunfight.
    I live by the rule of stupids and convenience stores(AKA Watering Holes) are way up high on my list of places to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I live by the rule of stupids and convenience stores(AKA Watering Holes) are way up high on my list of places to avoid.
    Convenience stores, gas stations, and "diverse" neighborhoods- 3 places I don't go after dark.
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    Convenience stores, gas stations, and "diverse" neighborhoods- 3 places I don't go after dark.
    I actually quit shopping in convenience stores more as a money saving strategy than for risk avoidance. Other than gas there's nothing I can get at the Stop and Rob that I can't get cheaper at Walmart. So I quit doing convenience stores a couple of years before I started carrying or really even thinking about self defense.*

Having said all that the few times I've gone into stop and rob I've had bad luck. I stopped for gas with my wife once and she asked me to go in and get her a soda. While I was waiting to check out some random homeless guy was wandering around the store flipping his knife open and closed

There was the tweaker who I'm certain was trying to snatch my gun in a convenience store and I was standing in line at a 7-11 waiting for a gas receipt one afternoon when some Methhead walked through the door and immediately began screaming at me out of all the people in the store

I think the guy trying to take my gun was the last time I went into a convenience store, it was certainly the straw that broke the camel's back. Coincidentally I haven't had any issues since I stopped going into the stores.

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I applaud the Gentleman who stopped the robbery! I wish more robbery attempts ended with the thug six feet under!

There is a sickness in our society spreading the belief that it is ok to take what you want and not face any consequences.
    Maybe if Mom and Dad spent a little time providing appropriate guidance rather than excuses for their little miscreant, we could all sleep better.

Couldn't care less about how he was a good kid and just wanted to turn his life around, etc. Ad-nauseam.

Sorry, my attitude is showing.
    I have my doubts as to whether there was a dad anywhere in sight for these scumbags.

pskys2, I believe your statement, "I'm coming to the sense that there is a concerted effort by them to undermine the rule of law to jack up the crime rate and then blame it on the wave of CCW's on the streets?" I have been saying this for years.
    goldshellback likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links