Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11

This is a discussion on Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Place: Virginia Beach "I was looking right at him (the robber) and then I looked at the clerk, and the clerk raised his hands and ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Good: Good guy with a gun drops 2 robbers at 7-11

Place: Virginia Beach

"I was looking right at him (the robber) and then I looked at the clerk, and the clerk raised his hands and said 'Come on, man, don't do this.' And not sooner than he said that, I heard a gunshot and as soon as I heard the gunshot, I dropped down to the ground and put my hands over my head and started praying because I thought the guy shot the clerk," she said.

"After that shot it was like three shots, bam, then bam bam. It could have been two, two or three."

Engel and her friend looked at each other, and then she saw the man standing beside them. He said to her, "Nobody's gonna point a gun at me and get away with it." That's when she realized he was the one who fired.

As she surveyed the gruesome scene around her, Engel saw one masked man lying on the floor, dead, and the other behind the counter asking for help after having been being seriously injured.

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...269721a1b.html
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

When the chaos began at 2:10 a.m., Engel, who owns Coastal Cafe down the street, was waiting with her friend near the cash register. The store was nearly empty.

"Two gentlemen armed, masked, robbers came in the store with their guns up and told us to stay where we were, nobody move," she said.

WHAT ??? I wouldn't call them "gentlemen." Pardon my French but "turds" is a much better fit.

At least one of them got the dirt nap he so richly earned.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member
    They certainly were not gentlmen, however one went gently into the eternal night. He is gentle now. I do not know about the other one, but I expect he wil not be doing too much ungentlemanly behavior in the future. Three cheers for the good guy.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a light weight bad guy ran into a salty dude. Now hope he doesn't need a brainy barrister!

Does seem like things are heating up in the country. With all of the anti-laws, we don't like and won't enforce attitude by Progressive States/Cities, I'm coming to the sense that there is a concerted effort by them to undermine the rule of law to jack up the crime rate and then blame it on the wave of CCW's on the streets?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...agan-was-shot/ Now if only one of these instances would run up on someone more prepared. But alas these things seem to happen in "Gun Free Cities"! But Gun Free doesn't translate into Violence Free.
    rodgersfam1980 likes this.

Glad the good guys won.
    airslot and The Old Anglo like this.

"Police have not said whether they'll charge the bystander."

Shouldn't even be a consideration.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Must be fake news for 2 reasons. First, a good guy with a gun can't possibly stop a bad guy with a gun, right all you Democrat Presidential comedians? Second, everybody knows Elvis works at 7-11, is armed, and is FBI. Surely it must have been Elvis.

Nice list of GGWAG stories. A rather pleasant surprise.
    rodgersfam1980 and ep1953 like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    "He said to her, "Nobody's gonna point a gun at me and get away with it.""

That might get him in some trouble if it goes to trial. That "sounds" like vigilantism. Especially to those that are anti gun.

I'm not saying that's what it is. I have no problem at all with him shooting them but imagine how that would sound to a jury full of madd moms.

If you have to shoot someone keep your mouth shut!

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    But it wasn't the robbers who fired their guns. It was a bystander in the back of the store who pulled out his.
    Police have not said whether they'll charge the bystander.
    If you are an active participant in the event, you are not a bystander, LOL.

Sounds like the good guy took advantage of the situation of appearing to be a bystander and used the ruse to his tactical advantage.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "Police have not said whether they'll charge the bystander."

Shouldn't even be a consideration.
    Look up from your Christmas card list and look at this through the Liberal Lens of the Media. To them, the "good guy with a gun" is a unicorn.
    airslot likes this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    Look up from your Christmas card list and look at this through the Liberal Lens of the Media. To them, the "good guy with a gun" is a unicorn.
    I had my defective "liberal" lens removed Monday and can see clearly now.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...DF&FORM=WRVORC
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    "He said to her, "Nobody's gonna point a gun at me and get away with it.""

That might get him in some trouble if it goes to trial. That "sounds" like vigilantism. Especially to those that are anti gun.

I'm not saying that's what it is. I have no problem at all with him shooting them but imagine how that would sound to a jury full of madd moms.

If you have to shoot someone keep your mouth shut!
    To me it confirms that he was justified in his actions. The DG was pointing a gun at him = self defense, but what do I know!!
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I applaud the Gentleman who stopped the robbery! I wish more robbery attempts ended with the thug six feet under!

There is a sickness in our society spreading the belief that it is ok to take what you want and not face any consequences.
    Maybe if Mom and Dad spent a little time providing appropriate guidance rather than excuses for their little miscreant, we could all sleep better.

Couldn't care less about how he was a good kid and just wanted to turn his life around, etc. Ad-nauseam.

Sorry, my attitude is showing.
    rodgersfam1980 and airslot like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Good shootin! That is the only kind of gun control i like.
    airslot and The Old Anglo like this.

Love it when a plan comes together.
    5lima30ret and airslot like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links