What Would You Do?

What Would You Do?

This is a discussion on What Would You Do? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Short Version: Man & Wife stop at a gas station. Man leaves key in ignition and wife in passenger seat. Carjacker jumps in driver's seat ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What Would You Do?

What Would You Do?

Short Version: Man & Wife stop at a gas station. Man leaves key in ignition and wife in passenger seat. Carjacker jumps in driver's seat and takes off. Husband jumps on hood causing his vehicle to crash. He loses his leg. What would you do if you were carrying?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...car-police-say
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

NOTHING! After the first red light he would have pulled a joe mannix turn-around and came right back and paid for my gas to!!!!!!
    airslot, jmf552, TSKnight and 2 others like this.

Well first off don't leave your car running with wife in it without at least locking the doors. But if you do and the guy is driving off and you have a gun then shoot him don't jump on the hood.

But if I did jump on the hood and there was a crash and my leg was crushed I'd be laying on the street crying my eyes out holding it. Hopefully either being able to put a tourniquet on my self or being able to get my wife or someone else to do it for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Call the cops while watching the wife put a bullet in the perp's head.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Nothing. My wife would draw her gun and shoot him. I'd be HIGHLY upset about the mess in my car tho!

I'd be replacing the windshield and having the blood n brain matter cleaned from my seat. The wife doesn't carry as she does not think she could shoot someone, I'd rather think that situation would never happen because i always pull the key out of the ignition when i stop for gas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Pete63 likes this.

I don't think I'd jump on the hood unless it was to fire through the windshield, I mean otherwise what's the plan? Pretty hard to stop a moving car from the outside of it with just your bare hands.
    Pete63 likes this.

VIP Member
    I would call 911 and try to help the injured man. Being someone who always carries a tourniquet, Quickclot and an Israeli bandage, I would help the victim as much as possible.
    matthew03, OldChap and ETXhiker like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

During summer heat, wife will stay in the car at times with A/C on. but the doors are always locked, Always.
    I am sure the wife would be able to get my attention, then I would take care of business the Texas way.
    OldChap, matthew03 and Pete63 like this.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    See post #4, 5, & 8 for outcome if my Wife stayed in the car.
    Now if it was my pickup, carjacking is less likely as it's a manual transmission. Fewer and fewer can drive a stick anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Can't run or jump so I wouldn't be on the hood of the car! Beyond that? It depends.
    If I can get a clear shot I'm going to take it. Kidnapping is a justifiable reason to use deadly force.

This isn't a car theft if my wife is in the car. She is a vulnerable adult which adds to the gravity of the situation.
    OldChap and Pete63 like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I would call 911 and try to help the injured man. Being someone who always carries a tourniquet, Quickclot and an Israeli bandage, I would help the victim as much as possible.
    Clearly she needs more range time. Mrs OldChap would put two to the chest and one to the CNS...causing a huge mess and conserving tax dollars for expensive trials.
    Pete63 and Mike1956 like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Can't run or jump so I wouldn't be on the hood of the car! Beyond that? It depends.
    If I can get a clear shot I'm going to take it. Kidnapping is a justifiable reason to use deadly force.

This isn't a car theft if my wife is in the car. She is a vulnerable adult which adds to the gravity of the situation.
    To me stealing my Jeep is justifiable enough to use deadly force with or without my wife in it.
    It's a Jeep thang, you wouldn't understand
    matthew03 and ddrew like this.

Locked the doors to the car with wife inside, this never would have had the option to occur with me.

Don't cause yourself issues, no gun needed.
    Pete63 and Mike1956 like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I dearly loved the CJ5, but not enough to shoot someone over it.

Never did find a way to get that thing stuck. Even 2ft of snow in two days didn't work.
    My buddy always said I wasn't trying hard enough. I think it was defective snow. >;~}
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links