Fox San Antonio poll: Should the government be able to take your guns?

This is a discussion on Fox San Antonio poll: Should the government be able to take your guns? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unbelievably, the yes respondents are winning at 51%. https://foxsanantonio.com/news/natio...take-your-guns...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By TheGurgeMan
  • 5 Post By M1911A1
  • 1 Post By since9
  • 1 Post By NECCdude
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 2 Post By Rockymonster
  • 1 Post By 1942bull
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By spclopr8tr

Thread: Fox San Antonio poll: Should the government be able to take your guns?

Unbelievably, the yes respondents are winning at 51%.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/natio...take-your-guns

That poll should be completely invalidated. I looked at the breakdown of it, New jersey has a total of 71789 votes as of this time, while California has a total of 3700 votes. Someone made a bot to spam votes to skew the results. Aside from Pennsylvania and NJ, every other state is over a 95% of saying "no don't take my guns"

Attachment 302104

The poll is invalid from its beginning, since it asks respondents to contemplate an unconstitutional act.
    I liken it to a conspiracy to commit a felony.

Therefore, it doesn't matter what the bots are forcing it to show.
    It's utter bull pucky in any case.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattvya View Post
    Unbelievably, the yes respondents are winning at 51%. [/url]
    HUGE change in 24 hours. But first, some anomalies. All states except NY and NJ report No to about 98%, +2/-4%. At around 9,400, NY has about triple the response rate of the other states, but NJ's response rate is 71,000+, an obvious and very severe bias which blows the 54% No, 46% Yes TOTALLY out of the water. All other countries except Canada show a serious NO, like 98%, while Canada and NJ seem to be in cahoots.

The bias is clear: Selection Bias. Clearly, the poll was highly circulated throughout NJ and Canadian liberal anti-gun channels before it found it's way into the real world.

Similar to this poll, whose numbers suggest it did the same, but through pro-gun channels.

I suspect the answer lies closer to the 83% to 87% figures I've seen in the past from properly-conducted polls.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    50/50 now with the "NO"'s having a slight edge. The poll shouldn't matter since the 2A is the law of the land (or it should be).
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

VIP Member
    The only opinions which ultimately count are those of the government which would seize such firearms, and those from whom they would be seized.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    There are many misguided souls out there that will blindly recite these results.....
    gatorbait51 and Havok like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    That poll should be completely invalidated. I looked at the breakdown of it, New jersey has a total of 71789 votes as of this time, while California has a total of 3700 votes. Someone made a bot to spam votes to skew the results. Aside from Pennsylvania and NJ, every other state is over a 95% of saying "no don't take my guns"

Attachment 302104
    I did not see the breakdown, and I do not care because if the poll found PA to be in support it has to be wrong. I have lived in PA all by life except when in the Corps. Statewide it is a very pro 2A state where attempts at restricting gun rights have faired poorly. We are a shall issue state where you get a license if you pass NICS and PICS (the PA system).It is an OC state and with the exception of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia it is a conservative state.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

VIP Member
    I tried both Opera and Firefox browsers and there was NO PLACE to click to register my NO vote.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Bogus poll. The bots are going nuts. In any case, it's at 51 no, 49 yes now. But even if it were 99% yes, no one gets to "vote" my rights away short of a constitutional amendment changing the 2A, 4A and 15A. I think eventually these same amendments will trip up the ERPOs once a test case gets to SCOTUS.

These polls remind me of the two wolves and a sheep voting on what they are going to eat for lunch.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Sponsored Links