Dayton Dollar General Clerk Shoots and Kills Would-Be Armed Robber

This is a discussion on Dayton Dollar General Clerk Shoots and Kills Would-Be Armed Robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; More evidence that the inmates are trying to run the asylum. https://concealednation.org/2019/10/...d-gun-at-work/ "He’s got some responsibility, but not all. Right and wrong is wrong, that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Dayton Dollar General Clerk Shoots and Kills Would-Be Armed Robber

More evidence that the inmates are trying to run the asylum.

https://concealednation.org/2019/10/...d-gun-at-work/

"He’s got some responsibility, but not all. Right and wrong is wrong, that was wrong for that clerk to shoot my brother in the chest. Yes, he’s robbing them. Oh, well! Call the police, that’s what you’re supposed to do. You’re not supposed to take matters into your own hands. "

You just can't make this stuff up!!!
    msgt/ret, easy10, Sister and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    ...and if the police had shot him, the family would still be crying out just as loud.
    Arsenal? That's not an arsenal, that's my gun collection! John Wick, now he has an arsenal.

NRA Patron member

A beautiful way to clean out the jungle. Sounds like there are more of his siblings that deserve the same fate. That's a branch of Homo sapiens that isn't capable of domestication.
    M1911A1 and Sister like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    The sister is living proof of the old saying that "When head is screwed on backwards all thinking is backwards." Obviously the brother had the same problem.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I'd be willing to bet the other brother's death was tied to some form of illegal activities.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

"Yes, he’s robbing them. Oh, well! Call the police, that’s what you’re supposed to do. "

- she never had a father
    - momma was on welfare
    - no concept of responsibility OR consequences
    - the result of that upbringing is this sort of mental illness
    - hipsters and incels have the same mentality ironically...

sgb
    Another Darwin award winner .................. the gene pool thanks the clerk!
    airslot, Sister and M1911A1 like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Dayton Dollar General Clerk Shoots and Kills Would-Be Armed Robber-robbingstorememe.jpg
    msgt/ret, easy10, airslot and 3 others like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

While I don't fault the clerk for defending his life, I think we need to take a step back and look at this from a more general perspective in regard to the mother's feelings.

Whether a person is white, black or any color or race when a child dies it will normally rip one's heart out and cause anger that will circumvent rational beliefs and logic. When someone you love dies all you want to do is hurt the person that caused it.

On a related note, this reaction by the mom is the reason why carry insurance costs so much more if you include both civil and criminal defense. For example I have CCW Safe and I pay something like $140 or so per year for criminal. If civil is included it basically triples it. (These are very rough numbers, but you get the picture). You take a shot even in the most justified cases and even if you are not charged criminally, civil wise you likely will be attacked by the family with their main interest in hurting you for what you did.

Not saying it's right. Am saying it is.
    Gun Toting Fire Breathing Liberal

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaguy View Post
    While I don't fault the clerk for defending his life, I think we need to take a step back and look at this from a more general perspective in regard to the mother's feelings.

Whether a person is white, black or any color or race when a child dies it will normally rip one's heart out and cause anger that will circumvent rational beliefs and logic. When someone you love dies all you want to do is hurt the person that caused it.

On a related note, this reaction by the mom is the reason why carry insurance costs so much more if you include both civil and criminal defense. For example I have CCW Safe and I pay something like $140 or so per year for criminal. If civil is included it basically triples it. (These are very rough numbers, but you get the picture). You take a shot even in the most justified cases and even if you are not charged criminally, civil wise you likely will be attacked by the family with their main interest in hurting you for what you did.

Not saying it's right. Am saying it is.
    In my state, if your actions are found to have been justified, the chance of being sued by the perp, or the perp's family, is quite rare. I once posed this question to a commonwealth's attorney and a man running for sheriff and they both told me that they could recall such an incident.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    In my state, if your actions are found to have been justified, the chance of being sued by the perp, or the perp's family, is quite rare. I once posed this question to a commonwealth's attorney and a man running for sheriff and they both told me that they could recall such an incident.
    O.J. Simpson.

"Writing one of the final chapters in O. J. Simpson's long legal case, a civil court jury here ordered him today to pay a financially debilitating $25 million in punitive damages to the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald L. Goldman."

The thresholds for conviction in a criminal case are far different than a civil case. This is why it is entirely possible for the criminal case to be tossed and the civil to inflict considerable damage. And it's no secret that if one is involved in a civil suit, even if you win you loose.

Do you have any stats on it being rare, from a national perspective?

The chance of me having to use my carry weapon is also pretty rare. But I still carry.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Gun Toting Fire Breathing Liberal

VIP Member
    Anyone know how many and which states protect victims from liability when involved in a lawful shooting?
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Anyone know how many and which states protect victims from liability when involved in a lawful shooting?
    Missouri is one.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    Missouri is one.
    You can add North Carolina to the list.
    Sister likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaguy View Post
    O.J. Simpson.

"Writing one of the final chapters in O. J. Simpson's long legal case, a civil court jury here ordered him today to pay a financially debilitating $25 million in punitive damages to the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald L. Goldman."

The thresholds for conviction in a criminal case are far different than a civil case. This is why it is entirely possible for the criminal case to be tossed and the civil to inflict considerable damage. And it's no secret that if one is involved in a civil suit, even if you win you loose.

Do you have any stats on it being rare, from a national perspective?

The chance of me having to use my carry weapon is also pretty rare. But I still carry.
    People who have reason to fear civil suits are people that have assets. I really don't believe someone working in a Dollar General store has many assets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links