This one bummed me out. Man shoots police HQ, attacks K9 during arrest.

This is a discussion on This one bummed me out. Man shoots police HQ, attacks K9 during arrest. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I grew up with this man. Last I talked to him was a couple of years ago. I knew he was going through a rough ...

Like Tree37Likes
  • 8 Post By Rooster
  • 2 Post By 1942bull
  • 3 Post By Scouse
  • 6 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 2 Post By Rooster
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 4 Post By flh
  • 5 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Shootnlead
  • 2 Post By Scouse

Thread: This one bummed me out. Man shoots police HQ, attacks K9 during arrest.

I grew up with this man. Last I talked to him was a couple of years ago. I knew he was going through a rough patch and me and some friends tried to reach out but he never got back to us.

He came from a good family and was so daggum smart in some respects, even brilliant. Sad to see him throw away his life and potential. I'm 99% certain he was trying to commit suicide by cop.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/41209562...ers-hitting-k9

CAPE CORAL, Fla. — A man threatening to harm himself was arrested after shooting toward Cape Coral Police Department headquarters Sunday night.

Officers were called to the 2500 block of SE 8th Avenue when they received reports of a subject threatening self-harm walking in the area around 11:15 p.m.

They set up a perimeter to find the man, identified as 35-year-old Michael Wagner Jr., but couldn't find him at that time, according to a news release from the Cape Coral Police Department.

Later, on Monday morning, a K-9 officer was training in the parking lot of city hall when a gunshot was heard nearby. The officer reported seeing Wagner firing multiple shots at police headquarters.

The man then ran from officers, and a helicopter and K-9 were deployed by the Lee County Sheriff's Office to help search for Wagner.

They finally found him behind a house in the 1000 block of SE 11th Terrace, where he was taken into custody. During his arrest, he hit the K-9, according to the release.

A gun was found a short distance away and taken into evidence.

Later in the morning, around 7:40 a.m., a Public Works vehicle was found with multiple bullet holes in the driver's side door and window. The Public Works vehicle was parked near where Wagner ran from officers.

Wagner faces two counts of shooting into dwellings, buildings or vehicles, striking or causing harm to police animals and resisting arrest.
    There's nothing to analyze here. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. This man earned his prizes, make no mistake. But be damned if it doesn't break my heart to see someone I grew up with end up like this in adulthood. He was going through a divorce. I feel for the 2 children that will probably never know their father.

It saddens me to see someone that I know at one point was a good man and with a good heart just throw his life away like this.

Anyway, thanks for reading. No need to dance around this one, he fully deserves the choice words and criticisms we all have for him.

Such a waste of life and potential. I hope he at least is getting the help he needs.

Distinguished Member
    It is sad: a person in need of help but unable to bring himself to get it. If this kind of problem could be reduced the incidents shooting would decrease.
    Rooster and airslot like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    There are times in most peoples lives, that due to stress, we run off the rails. I am not the most sympathetic person you are going to meet. In my past life, a long time ago. 1970. Picked myself up, dusted my pants, got back on my horse, and soldiered on. That's 49 years ago?

The main thing about miss-steps in your life, is to have enough backbone, guts? To carry on, and be smart enough to learn from your mistakes, and don't make those self-same errors again. Not being selfish, looking after your obligations, is a great way to focus as well. In my case finding a good woman to love (26 years ago!) and being lucky enough to get that emotion right back, in spades.

And living in Florida, holstering my Glock every day! Great feeling. Gods Country.
    Rooster, airslot and OD* like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I have no use for anyone who would harm a dog.
    Most dogs i know are better than most people I know.
    Did the K9 survive the hit?

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I have no use for anyone who would harm a dog.
    Most dogs i know are better than most people I know.
    Did the K9 survive the hit?
    It's not being reported that any harm was done so I'm inclined to believe so. I have a soft spot for dogs as well.
    OD* and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    It saddens me to see someone that I know at one point was a good man and with a good heart just throw his life away like this.
    Beats knowing a serial killer who was never a good person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Albert_Pruett
    flh, Rooster and airslot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Beats knowing a serial killer who was never a good person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Albert_Pruett
    You have the nicest friends

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    You have the nicest friends
    Or my cop friend who killed his wife... I can pick them. I remain friendless now. They all died off.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Sorry your friend has gone down this road. And, good on you and the friends for trying to prevent something like this from happening. Sad this guy didn't let y'all help him.
    airslot and Rooster like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    I left England in 1965. All my friends smoked. None of them is left, and has gone many years ago.
    One friend from school, and after, born on the same day as I. Oct 27th. Met him on his 60th (and mine) in a labour club. He was playing dominoes with 3 other smokers. He was dressed in a suit and tie, even had a waistcoat on.

Dribbles of ash all down it! A couple of years later, visiting from my new Country, Canada he had passed on.

Bill Telford was his name, I remember on our 15th birthday, he was caught smoking in the crappy bathroom, and dragged back into class, by a teacher named Stan Russel, an ex Chindit, survived being incarcerated by the Japanese in Burma WW11. When I see the treatment of School Children today? Molycodeled or what.

Bill was slammed into a seat, whilst Stan gave we 20 kids a lesson in not smoking. He tucked a white handkerchief int his mouth, put Bills cigarette into it took a couple of big puffs. Then passed the stained handkerchief around the class. A black dot in the middle, and a brown ring about that dot. Smelled bad as well.

Worked with me, I have never smoked anything, ever. We had no books to call our own, but Mr Russel would read, out loud to the class, from his own copy of a good story. Sir Arthur Colan Doyle, detective stories!

He would change his voice, like an actor! You could have heard a pin drop. The days before Lap Tops! 1950.
    His name was SIR! Or Mr Russel.
    airslot and ETXhiker like this.

Sponsored Links