Walmart "Terrorist" sentenced after pleading to a lesser charge - Page 4

Walmart "Terrorist" sentenced after pleading to a lesser charge

This is a discussion on Walmart "Terrorist" sentenced after pleading to a lesser charge within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To me it's a simple case of he went looking for trouble and he found it. He's obviously not very smart. What did he think ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Walmart "Terrorist" sentenced after pleading to a lesser charge

To me it's a simple case of he went looking for trouble and he found it. He's obviously not very smart. What did he think would happen?

He probably thought he was going to be some sort of social media star.

People like him only make John Q Public think all "gun nuts" are crazy. And that's bad for all of us who actually aren't crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    To me it's a simple case of he went looking for trouble and he found it. He's obviously not very smart. What did he think would happen?

He probably thought he was going to be some sort of social media star.

People like him only make John Q Public think all "gun nuts" are crazy. And that's bad for all of us who actually aren't crazy.
    Whoa. Speak for yourself.
    OD* and Nmuskier like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Whatís so threatening about a guy walking through the store with a grocery cart?

Do people feel the same way when they see a police officer with a vest on, a Glock on his hip and an AR in the car?
    You know the answer to that. Apples and oranges.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

If I see a 21 year old mall ninja donning body armor, and AR, and a battle load of magazines in the parking lot, I'm calling the police.
    KevinRohrer likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    If I see a 21 year old mall ninja donning body armor, and AR, and a battle load of magazines in the parking lot, I'm calling the police.
    So youíre going to call someone else with an AR and a battle load of magazines, so they can don body armor in the parking lot?
    johndp1911 and baren like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    He is vilified because he sought confrontation and got it, and in doing so possibly undid years of efforts by the pro-gun community. There is plenty of blame to toss around on this incident, but your "victim" intentionally brought this onto himself. If he feels he has been unjustly prosecuted, there are avenues of relief he can seek.
    Not to mention the fact that the defendant willingly accepted the plea deal. A guilty plea is exactly that, an acknowledgement that the defendant committed the criminal act(s) alleged in the information or indictment.

Bozo chose the venue. Bozo chose the game to be played. Bozo wrote the script and acted it out. Now Bozo gets to pay the price.
    OldVet and wmhawth like this.

If any one of us were swatted all because we are a gun owner the liberals would chant the same thing, even if we, like this guy didnít break a law.
    None of us carried an AR into a Walmart a few days after a massacre. This guy wasn't swatted, his problem was entirely self-inflicted.

It was dumb and he's paying the price for his stupidity.

Incidents like that one do us law-abiding gun owners no good.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    None of us carried an AR into a Walmart a few days after a massacre. This guy wasn't swatted, his problem was entirely self-inflicted.

It was dumb and he's paying the price for his stupidity.

Incidents like that one do us law-abiding gun owners no good.
    Who says it only happens to people who carry an AR into Walmart?

Who says it only happens to people who carry an AR into Walmart?
    Since it's the topic of this thread, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
    retired badge 1 likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Wow! It seems some sort of misdemeanor like "Disturbing the peace" would arguably be appropriate. If he had gone to court on the charges he may well have won. Regardless, it's a pretty sure bet that the general public will view it as a 2nd amendment issue.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Which any person of reason would do.
    Nmuskier likes this.

So youíre going to call someone else with an AR and a battle load of magazines, so they can don body armor in the parking lot?
    Once again (rotten) apples vs (good) oranges. Please don't equate criminals and/or nut jobs w/ the Police doing their job. Anyone who does really needs to have their meds adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Since it's the topic of this thread, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
    Liberals love that!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Once again (rotten) apples vs (good) oranges. Please don't equate criminals and/or nut jobs w/ the Police doing their job. Anyone who does really needs to have their meds adjusted.
    Both are wearing body armor and have rifle and pistol. Youíre the one making the comparison about anything more than equipment.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    Short answer: By his actions of wearing multiple, visible weapons that are known to be use in public, mass shootings while walking into a brand of store recently subjected to such shootings; thus making it appear to reasonable people that he is about to commit mayhem to others.

The guy has a screw loose, makes sane gun owners look like kooks, and does not have the maturity and/or reason to own weapons.
    True, but also all of that is totally legal. By your line of reasoning, someone not staying in their lane of traffic, straying into another lane, is engaging in road rage and attempting to sidewwipe cars.

His purpose was fully in line with his earlier internet video exploits, ranking up viewers.
    baren and retired badge 1 like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Liberals love that!
    I can't quite figure out where you're coming from with that comment.

The guy who's the topic of this thread tried to violate the unbreakable "law of inevitable consequences" and is getting to enjoy the results of his stupidity.

Maybe you're trying to defend his actions?

I dunno.

Agent K

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links