Close quarters gun fight on video

This is a discussion on Close quarters gun fight on video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This video shows a lot of things to consider if you end up in a close quarters gun fight. Correia makes some good points about ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Close quarters gun fight on video

This video shows a lot of things to consider if you end up in a close quarters gun fight. Correia makes some good points about the effectiveness of handguns, time it takes to reload a revolver, multiple bad guys, etc.

Yes, I still intend to buy a revolver for everyday carry, but it will only be in that role if for some reason I cannot carry a semi-auto.

BCC73 likes this.
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

I've seen that video before. I felt really bad for that guard when he ran out of ammo and had to know he was a dead man.
    G26Raven likes this.

Ex Member
    Interesting video with a good analysis by Correia. However, I think more could have been said. Especially this. The guard took a position in a corner with exposure through the door from the outside and from the inside too. The last place you wan tot be in a CQB fight with or without guns is in a corner. He should have been where the bad guy who laughed the attack was. He could have still covered the doorway ,and he would have closed the distance between himself and the perp. In CQB overcome the urge to get distance between you and the perp and close the distance. If the guard had charged the perp, I think he might be alive today. As for ammo capacity I will stick with my 7+1 and employ the Center Axis Relock system for gunfighting.

Those who know the CAR system realize how fast it is to employ in a gunfight especially at close quarters. In the situation in the video had the guard been out of the corner and where I suggested he could have used one arm to push off the perp and one hand to shoot him in the head. CAR can be deployed faster that isosceles stance and it makes for almost instantaneous aiming at close distance.

The video below extols the one shot to the head scenario. If he had used CAR the shot would have taken half the time. It only ytakes one shot to stop a perp at close quarters. A 9mm in the head will stop a bad guy.

https://waltherarms.com/2019/10/23/s...s-to-the-head/
    G26Raven and Bikenut like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Yeah WOW....real life stuff there !! Bottom line is really NOT knowing what situation--if any--we may have to encounter at any given time. I'll admit that in the last month or so....I've revived my Glock 19 for EDC for capacity ! I don't care what anyone else believes about a 5 shot is enough or you need to carry 2 guns or whatever....
    This guy did way better than most under the circumstances...but still lost. Training...capacity..& God's grace is all ya got !!!!
    G26Raven, OD*, Bikenut and 1 others like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

The last 30 seconds of that video were the most important

Distinguished Member
    Emphasizes for me that we do not live in a s***hole.......yet.
    G26Raven, OD* and The Old Anglo like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Uh, yeah...

So, one of the issues I have with this presentation is that like all presentations, they always focus on the outliers for the sensational effect.

And, it appears to me that he probably took a hit or two before he ran out of ammo.

The thing is, when someone is looking for a way to justify their fears, you can certainly find them with search engines.

Now, is capacity a consideration? Well, it certainly can be, but I do not thing there is enough information given thru this presentation to really allow for a decision on the part of anyone that would allow for a decision based on all the facts here.

For instance, it was never brought up here how that gun grappling could jam up your auto and take it out of battery; when the revolver would still function.

So while its interesting, and gives the program something sensational to publish, I believe any pontificating done here should be kept in reason.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    For instance, it was never brought up here how that gun grappling could jam up your auto and take it out of battery; when the revolver would still function.
    While what you say is true you can't over look the fact that he shot the first guy 4 times and still didn't incapacitate him. Aside from all the things that could have happened what did happen is he ran out of ammunition and it cost him his life.

To quote Frank Proctor "bullets are opportunities."
    G26Raven, Rockymonster and BCC73 like this.

If it were not for Brazilian gang hit videos this guy has nothing to talk about. Sure he is trying to make the point that a high cap 9mm is the only sensible option which also happens to be his opinion backed up by Brazilian gang hit videos.
    G-man* likes this.

One other thing that has not been said, I am not being paid to defend my employers money! My gun is to help get me and my loved ones out of harms way. When I became aware of BG's 1 and 2, My job would have been to put hard stuff between us. My pocket size gun is one tool to do that. But My job one is get away!

I get that this guy's job was different than mine. DR
    G-man*, G26Raven and CreedDryrot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    If it were not for Brazilian gang hit videos this guy has nothing to talk about. Sure he is trying to make the point that a high cap 9mm is the only sensible option which also happens to be his opinion backed up by Brazilian gang hit videos.
    If I've learned nothing else from John Correia it's to never go to Brazil.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    If I've learned nothing else from John Correia it's to never go to Brazil.
    Which is already a s***hole!
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

G-man*, you make a good point about the possibility of a semi-auto being taken out of battery.
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Ex Member
    The guy has lots of followers and lots of views, but I find his presentation insufferable. Less yack, more uninterrupted footage.
    G-man*, OD* and popo22 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    G-man*, you make a good point about the possibility of a semi-auto being taken out of battery.
    Well, the thing is, we just canít predict the future, but we can plan for what is our norm; in our reality.

And the one thing I always stress is, whatever one chooses to carry, learn to squeeze all they can from it. Donít focus on weakness, because you canít change that, but learn how to multiply your strengths with whatever you carry.

And be willing to do what you have to do, even if it means holding a charging person off with your weak hand while you shoot thru your own hand to hit him in the head, face, or whatever you get.

And always remember, everyone dies. And sometimes, you can do everything right, and die with ammo still in your gun.

Even if you could learn every lesson, there will be a situation arise where you cannot practically exercise what you learned.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links