Won't Read This in Liberal Media: Good Customer with Gun Stops Armed Robber in SATX

Won't Read This in Liberal Media: Good Customer with Gun Stops Armed Robber in SATX

This is a discussion on Won't Read This in Liberal Media: Good Customer with Gun Stops Armed Robber in SATX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A man allegedly attempting to rob a gas station was fatally shot by a customer Tuesday evening on the far West Side, police said. The ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Won't Read This in Liberal Media: Good Customer with Gun Stops Armed Robber in SATX

A man allegedly attempting to rob a gas station was fatally shot by a customer Tuesday evening on the far West Side, police said.

The shooting occurred before 6:30 p.m. inside the Shell gas station at 10151 Culebra Road, according to Officer Alisia Pruneda, a San Antonio Police Department spokeswoman.

Witnesses told police a man, possibly in his early 20s, wearing a black mask approached a clerk and brandished a handgun.

Police did not immediately know whether or not the suspect made demands to the clerk.

Pruneda said two patrons, including a man with a gun and a license to carry, confronted the suspect.

The clerk feared for his life, created distance and at this point the customers noticed the threat,” she said.

The customers yelled out to the man, who then turned and faced the two, investigators said.

The armed patron, in his early to mid 30s, shot the suspect at least once, Pruneda said.

She said the suspect did not fire back.

“They did feel like the threat was quite active and they addressed it,” Pruneda said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene moments after the shooting, Pruneda said.

Police said all witnesses including the patrons who confronted the suspect were cooperating with homicide detectives.

Pruneda said the incident was captured on the store’s security cameras.

She was not able to say if any charges were pending because the investigation is in the early stages
    https://www.chron.com/news/local/art...n-14880059.php
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Why do they always say stuff like, "there is no indication that charges are pending against the defender." That's journalistic BS. If there are no reasons to believe charges should be pending, why even bring it up?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Why do they always say stuff like, "there is no indication that charges are pending against the defender." That's journalistic BS. If there are no reasons to believe charges should be pending, why even bring it up?
    The truth will set you free, except in today's liberal media. There are no charges pending in the wee hours of any investigation. "Pending" is misleading. What the spokeswoman should have said was that it is early in the investigation and no determination on charges has been reached by the investigators.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    The truth will set you free, except in today's liberal media. There are no charges pending in the wee hours of any investigation. "Pending" is misleading. What the spokeswoman should have said was that it is early in the investigation and no determination on charges has been reached by the investigators.
    I get that, they should use proper terminology, but my statement goes beyond that. If the facts a journalist has about a defensive shooting do not support the possibility there might be charges, why even bring it up? It is one of those statements that really says, "We don't know anything and we don't have any reason to suspect anything, but we are going to speculate on it anyway."
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

flh
    Journalism 101 , " pending " among other misleading statements , keeps the reader/viewer interested , looking for more juicy information ,

" I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear Come and whisper in my ear, give us dirty laundry. "

Don Henley .

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Journalism 101 , " pending " among other misleading statements , keeps the reader/viewer interested , looking for more juicy information ,

" I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear Come and whisper in my ear, give us dirty laundry. "

Don Henley .
    Based on such an article, we don't yet have confirmation of whether that journalist whacks off in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post

Don Henley .
    Based on such an article, we don't yet have confirmation of whether that journalist whacks off in the shower.

Aw Man!!!! Can you be charged for that?????

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Could be trouble. They were not the ones being robbed. They confronted the BG and shot him.
    That is what the DA could say.
    The poor BG could still be alive if they had just minded their own business.
    Hope I am wrong.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nj709 View Post
    Aw Man!!!! Can you be charged for that?????
    Earlier this year, a Texas legislator, Rep. Jessica Farrar, a Democrat, introduced a bill that would fine men $100 each time they (pleasure themselves). It was supposed to be some twisted statement on women's abortion rights. Don't worry, I didn't get the logic either. I guess the TX legislature also didn't get it, because the bill went nowhere.

I think it would be unconstitutional, because it would discriminate against lower-income wankers. I did get a chuckle out of the headline and sub-headline for the story on the Red State website:

"Texas Lawmaker Spreads Seeds of Discord by Proposing a Masturbation Tax: Yes, she is pulling our leg in passing this bill, but it is also a waste of fertile tax dollars."
    OldChap likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Pool Cleaners doing good work again. Still lots to do.
    ep1953 likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Earlier this year, a Texas legislator, Rep. Jessica Farrar, a Democrat, introduced a bill that would fine men $100 each time they (pleasure themselves). It was supposed to be some twisted statement on women's abortion rights. Don't worry, I didn't get the logic either. I guess the TX legislature also didn't get it, because the bill went nowhere.

I think it would be unconstitutional, because it would discriminate against lower-income wankers. I did get a chuckle out of the headline and sub-headline for the story on the Red State website:

"Texas Lawmaker Spreads Seeds of Discord by Proposing a Masturbation Tax: Yes, she is pulling our leg in passing this bill, but it is also a waste of fertile tax dollars."
    I am not sure if I would have gone blind before I was broke.
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I am not sure if I would have gone blind before I was broke.
    I wonder if hairy palms affect shooting accuracy...
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

I could be a victim of profiling. I wear glasses!

I get that, they should use proper terminology, but my statement goes beyond that. If the facts a journalist has about a defensive shooting do not support the possibility there might be charges, why even bring it up? It is one of those statements that really says, "We don't know anything and we don't have any reason to suspect anything, but we are going to speculate on it anyway."
    I suspect you may be assuming the...ahem..."journalist" has anything beyond a 6th grade education. Journalism is dead. It isn't about reporting facts, it is about getting an audience for your advertisers. Whatever it takes.
    Nix and Misty Lu like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Journalism is dead. It's more OP ED now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links