Luckygunner - gun control lawsuit

This is a discussion on Luckygunner - gun control lawsuit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well this sucks but not a surprise: https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-websi...ooting-lawsuit...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Luckygunner - gun control lawsuit

Well this sucks but not a surprise:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-websi...ooting-lawsuit

VIP Member
    As far as I know most ammo web sites have an option for "adult signature required" on the final page of the order. I don't know any that require it. And don't most of them have a pop up that specify that in order to use this web site you must be over 18? Not that that would be a real defense in a lawsuit like this. I feel sorry for luckygunner.com. I'm sure there will be more nasty things like this, especially if this one gets a judgement for the plaintiffs.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

More legislation coming in 3, 2, 1...

The antis will try to curb online ammo sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Old Anglo and airslot like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

It's the ammo's fault-it's the internet's fault-it's the gun manufacturers fault-it's the gun show's fault-it however is never the criminal's fault.
    Why can't they lay blame where it really is-with the shooter's fault.
    THE CROW

You did catch that Everytown is involved in the suit - they go looking for whatever angle they can find, whoever they can blame.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    You did catch that Everytown is involved in the suit - they go looking for whatever angle they can find, whoever they can blame.
    ^^^
    Nuff said.
    airslot and dan323 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

How do we effectively rebut / combat this ?

Serious question - who can we contact and lobby to?
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Lifetime Member
    National Rifle Association
    Texas State Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America Association

Okay .... again, not to simply play a devils advocate: the law says you can't sell ammo to people underage.
    If you're not taking precautions to make sure that does not happen, then you run the risk of breaking the law.
    Ignorance of the law and all that jazz .......

I'm sorry, I don't want to see this lawsuit or anything like it but since we pro-gun types all proudly proclaim we are law-abiding citizens then we should back that up.
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

The law suit angle is in full swing against the 2nd amendment. Step out of line and it will strike.

The next step is Financing. Note that UBS, JP Morgan, Chase among others are stopping financing of companies who don't bow to the Climate Change Gods. I predict the next step is to seriously hamstring banking with 2nd amendment related businesses, it's been tested and it will be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by krunchnik View Post
    It's the ammo's fault-it's the internet's fault-it's the gun manufacturers fault-it's the gun show's fault-it however is never the criminal's fault.
    Why can't they lay blame where it really is-with the shooter's fault.
    Because the shooter does not have any $$$$$$$
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Quote Originally Posted by pskys2 View Post
    The law suit angle is in full swing against the 2nd amendment. Step out of line and it will strike.

The next step is Financing. Note that UBS, JP Morgan, Chase among others are stopping financing of companies who don't bow to the Climate Change Gods. I predict the next step is to seriously hamstring banking with 2nd amendment related businesses, it's been tested and it will be devastating.
    And Wells Fargo is making a bundle with their lost business.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by gamboolman View Post
    How do we effectively rebut / combat this ?
    I downloaded a copy of the third amended lawsuit. The plaintiffs not only blame the website, but also blame the kids parents. The allegations against the parents are that they knew their kid was very troubled. They blame the parents for not locking up their guns and preventing his access to the guns. You can tell where Everytown injected their reality into the complaint.

The allegations against the website is basically they never verified the age of the purchaser for Texas purchasers. Luckygunner does age verification for a handful of states such as IL, CA, etc. by having he purchaser scan his weapons permit, drivers license. I think scanning ID & permits will be the industry resolution to solving the age verification complaint.

You can look at the case documents here: https://portal.galvestoncountytx.gov...e/Dashboard/29. The case number is CV-0081158.
    Attached Files
    Doghandler and gamboolman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And Wells Fargo is making a bundle with their lost business.
    Yep, just wonder how long the hold outs will last. At some point hysteria seems to become contagious in this brave new world. Reminds me of the stories of the Salem Witch Trials and the Inquisitions? Guess human nature never seems to change.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    I downloaded a copy of the third amended lawsuit. The plaintiffs not only blame the website, but also blame the kids parents. The allegations against the parents are that they knew their kid was very troubled. They blame the parents for not locking up their guns and preventing his access to the guns. You can tell where Everytown injected their reality into the complaint.

The allegations against the website is basically they never verified the age of the purchaser for Texas purchasers. Luckygunner does age verification for a handful of states such as IL, CA, etc. by having he purchaser scan his weapons permit, drivers license. I think scanning ID & permits will be the industry resolution to solving the age verification complaint.

You can look at the case documents here: https://portal.galvestoncountytx.gov...e/Dashboard/29. The case number is CV-0081158.
    And did no underage kid ever use a fake ID, or someone else's, to get that which they're not able to obtain legally?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    And did no underage kid ever use a fake ID, or someone else's, to get that which they're not able to obtain legally?
    If you have a better solution, I am sure the industry would be interested. At least if the website had some documentation and made an effort, the optics would be much better than as painted in the lawsuit. It will make a difference if financial damages are awarded.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links