Female Active Shooter Taken Down by Armed Citizen in Tulsa - Page 2

Female Active Shooter Taken Down by Armed Citizen in Tulsa

This is a discussion on Female Active Shooter Taken Down by Armed Citizen in Tulsa within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY Gotta watch out for those Oklahoma girls. I warned both my sons to stay away from them. I am surprised ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Female Active Shooter Taken Down by Armed Citizen in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Gotta watch out for those Oklahoma girls.
    I warned both my sons to stay away from them.
    I am surprised that there are not more women shooters.
    My wife warned my son about Longhorns (She is an Aggie)!
    OldChap likes this.

All I can say is that if you really want to see the level to which "journalism" has fallen, volunteer to work with your local PD and observe closely when "journalists" are near. The only good thing to come out of what is left of journalistic ethics is that those print newspapers that are still in business make such convenient bird cage...er...floorings.

I agree though that deescalation skill is not exactly a popular subject taught in schools anymore.
    graydude likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I do not see how the Tulsa paper tried to spin anything. Did you read the complete article that Beararms was referencing?

Headline
    I cannot find the incident on the KTUL-TV website, but the complete Bearing arms article quotes this:
    Tulsa police say a woman has died after a shooting in north Tulsa Friday evening.

According to investigators a man shot and killed the woman near East 54th Street North and North Peoria Avenue.
    Does this seem to accurately reflect the incident?
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    The story made the local media. This isn't a national MSM kind of story. There isn't much news here. We have a special interest in the story because of the concealed carrier, but that is a point much of the public does not really care about. Lots of people get killed in Tulsa.

https://ktul.com/news/local/police-a...in-north-tulsa
    https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...in-north-tulsa

Tulsa has double the crime rate and nearly triple the murder rate of the rest of Oklahoma.
    https://www.areavibes.com/tulsa-ok/crime/
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    I do not see how the Tulsa paper tried to spin anything. Did you read the complete article that Beararms was referencing?

Headline
    As graydude said the article must have been “updated” without acknowledging it was because what is linked now in no way resembles the previous. If one didn’t know better could think they were different incidents.

VIP Member
    My wife warned my son about Longhorns (She is an Aggie)!
    Yup.
    I got one son who was a Sea Aggie
    The other n Oklahoma State Cowboy.
    I was afraid he was gonna bring home a okie
    Osprey likes this.

The movie Absence of Malice (The best of Paul Neuman and Sally Field) is a perfect demonstration of how the media works. No "untruths," but not all the truth.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Headline

That screen shot that I used to point out the spin of the word 'found' is not from the tulsa paper, it's from a Google search result that lists newson6.com as the source ... you can see that at the top of the listing. So the newson6 team put this 'found' spin on it, not the tulsa paper.
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links