Welcome Night Fision! - Page 2

Welcome Night Fision!

This is a discussion on Welcome Night Fision! within the Night Fision forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by Cricket Mathew, I noticed you have a link in your signature to your Facebook page which is public and includes your contact ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Welcome Night Fision!

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Mathew, I noticed you have a link in your signature to your Facebook page which is public and includes your contact information, including your email address and phone number.
    Yes, I do, it is so customers can contact me.

Are you suggesting that our new sponsor is spamming every address they can find here, Cricket? That is not how I do business and I hope they don't think that is how they should either. I prefer Trijicon HD's to their product anyway.
    ghost tracker and QKShooter like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Just to Super-Clarify.

D.C. does not sell e-mail addresses or contact information to sponsors.

Or even give them away for free.

Only (unnamed source) to the Russians. <~~~~
    Can I get on a Vodka list.
    ghost tracker and QKShooter like this.
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post

Are you suggesting that our new sponsor is spamming every address they can find here, Cricket? That is not how I do business and I hope they don't think that is how they should either. I prefer Trijicon HD's to their product anyway.
    I am not suggesting anything, nor would I.

I am simply saying your information is already public and that WE would never share your information.
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    I am not suggesting anything, nor would I.

I am simply saying your information is already public and that WE would never share your information.
    Thank you. I appreciate the response.
    Cricket and QKShooter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post

Are your customers the only ones who have access to your page?
    I think Cricket was suggesting that your email is already public (if anyone can view it on FB. I don't click on FB links so wouldn't know), so Fision could have picked it up from FB.
    I am constantly getting spammed from FB because a lot of my customers hang out there. I don't know if their address books are getting raided or what.
    OldChap and matthew03 like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Gentlemen...There are numerous websites that list how to protect your privacy on FaceBook. An easy one is to create an e-mail address on something like G-Mail, and use that to create a FB identity. You can keep others from seeing your private data on FB, but the whole FB system is swiss cheese. The best policy is to not have anything about yourself that can be used to figure out who you are - or at least not without some pretty decent hacking.

IMHO if FB were to get swallowed up by the Russians, the world would be a better place.

Good thing I'm not smart/talented(/broke?) enough to sell ANYthing on the internet.

Special thanks to Cricket & the Admin Staff.

Matthew, re: your vodka list - Forget the Russians, drink Kettle One!

Night Fusion? Welcome Aboard!
    Cricket, matthew03 and BBMike like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Just to say, I just received another email from a company called Modern Weapon Systems. Never heard of them.
    And do you know who it was addressed to? "pacanis", not PAcanis, like I use here.
    In my early forum days I did not capitalize my state, so who knows what forum sold out. Probably one of those 1911 forums I stopped hanging out at.
    ghost tracker and matthew03 like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

VIP Member
    Interesting web site but - and this is a BIG but for me - when a company puts no prices on their web site I will NOT contact them to find out what something costs. If they can't price anything until you tell them exactly what you want they can put a price range on each individual item that they show.

This same issue came up with another new sponsor where you had to give them your email before they would give you a price. These companies are hurting themselves badly.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Are your customers the only ones who have access to your page?
    I think Cricket was suggesting that your email is already public (if anyone can view it on FB. I don't click on FB links so wouldn't know), so Fision could have picked it up from FB.
    I am constantly getting spammed from FB because a lot of my customers hang out there. I don't know if their address books are getting raided or what.
    Yes, I understood what she was saying, I figure they must have lifted it from here, either way, not the way I do business.

Administrator
    Hi Everyone! We apologize for the error. The website is: www.nightfision.com

VIP Member
    I see they have pricing on their web site now. Good job, folks! If I were in the market for night sights I would give your product very serious consideration.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzleblast View Post
    "We manufacture front, rear, and complete sight sets for any handgun make or model*. See our product options below to customize a sight thatís exactly right for your needs."
    * As long as it's Glock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links