When the VA doesn’t Lowe’s employees do.

This is a discussion on When the VA doesn’t Lowe’s employees do. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good on them. VA a no show; store workers fix vet's wheelchair NEW YORK (AP) — What the Veterans Administration failed to do for double ...

Like Tree28Likes
  • 8 Post By msgt/ret
  • 3 Post By patri0t
  • 5 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 3 Post By TruckerJoe
  • 3 Post By Recon1342
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus
  • 2 Post By TruckerJoe
  • 1 Post By RedSafety
  • 1 Post By OneGunTX
  • 1 Post By airslot

Thread: When the VA doesn’t Lowe’s employees do.

Good on them.

VA a no show; store workers fix vet's wheelchair

NEW YORK (AP) — What the Veterans Administration failed to do for double amputee Michael Sulsona in two years, some New York hardware store workers delivered in an hour: They fixed his broken wheelchair.

The 62-year-old Vietnam veteran said he petitioned the VA for a new chair two years ago and received no reply. Then his wheelchair broke last week.

When Sulsona was in a Lowe's home improvement store on Staten Island, a bolt on the already worn-out wheelchair snapped and a back wheel was about to fall off. Three Lowe's employees stayed late after their 10 p.m. closing time to do the repair, for free.
    Of course after the negative publicity the VA does come through.

After his letter to the newspaper, the VA got word of Sulsona and sent him a brand-new wheelchair Tuesday.

Sulsona's new chair arrived in the wake of months of scandal in the VA's health care unit over complaints nationwide of long wait times and poor patient care.
    EarthLink - U.S. News
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

This administrations hatred of military veterans is shameful. They have allowed 'genocide' of thousands of U.S. veterans through lack of healthcare for years, while providing healthcare to thousands of illegal invaders.
    Quite reminiscent of Nazi Germany.
    msgt/ret, baren and NONAME762 like this.
    Retired Deputy- State Trooper (38 long years) 8 yrs RTO - MS Degree- Criminology
    Gun Control measures are Unconstitutional Infringements. Period.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    Once again, good people step up when the government won't help.
    Great story! Lowes should be very proud of those employees and give them a big, fat bonus too. That is priceless marketing.

God bless that man who gave so much to the country.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Please don't even get Bear started on this... Bear is trying to have patience with the VA as they are Bear's only hope... but it gets hard when he keeps getting the run around... Bear angry...
    Recon1342, baren and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerJoe View Post
    Please don't even get Bear started on this... Bear is trying to have patience with the VA as they are Bear's only hope... but it gets hard when he keeps getting the run around... Bear angry...
    Go to Lowe's, Bear! Maybe they can fix your shoulder...
    Tzadik, TruckerJoe and gunpoor like this.
    “We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school.”
    – Thucydides

Good for Lowe's! And kudos to the three employees that stayed after close to get it done. I'm proud that there are still good folks willing to go the extra mile to help another in need.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Wow what a compelling story where Good triumphs over Evil. I had my own experience with the VA shortly after I got out of the Service. Ain't been back since.

Me thinks there's a Lowe's in my AO. I got good service there some years back but nothing like this.

There are folks out there in the world who do the stand up thing. It's happened to me when my truck broke down a good hundred miles from home. Forever since then ASE Certified mechanics have been at the top of my Hit Parade.

Nice going Sarge. I raise my glass to you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    Go to Lowe's, Bear! Maybe they can fix your shoulder...
    And perhaps they can do a better job of it! Wonder how Bear shoulder would look made out of framing lumber and sheetrock... Bear giving it thought...
    Recon1342 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Good for Lowe's! And kudos to the three employees that stayed after close to get it done. I'm proud that there are still good folks willing to go the extra mile to help another in need.
    Yep, Kudos for Lowes three employes that stayed after close to get it done. They might be getting some benefit for working and staying after a close. It has always seen that Lowes always tries to encourage its employees by employees discount and different plans or schemes and this can be benefited by an employee by login to myloweslife login at Lowes.

Don't feed the spam troll...

Don't you guys in Singapore have some better to do?

You will probably get caned for commenting on a gun forum.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Kudos to Lowes employees!

Time to dump VA and go the Medicare route for our veterans? With all the extra money put into the Medicare system, it might work out much better for the veterans. The VA has a long history of mismanagement, as does just about every other government-controlled organization.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

OMG, Another "The Walking Thread".
    airslot likes this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

I really need to pay attention to the start dates on some of these threads. I see this one was propagated by a number of "EX-MEMBER"s.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Sponsored Links