Gas station hold up with AR15 , clerk hids in panic room - Page 2

Gas station hold up with AR15 , clerk hids in panic room

This is a discussion on Gas station hold up with AR15 , clerk hids in panic room within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RScottie I would like a link to where you got this information as it is not correct. ATF website AOW https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...efinitions-any...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gas station hold up with AR15 , clerk hids in panic room

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    I would like a link to where you got this information as it is not correct.
    ATF website AOW https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...efinitions-any

I would like a link to where you got this information as it is not correct.
    Also this site they talk about how wallet holsters are illegal The 3 Best Pocket Holsters for Ruger LCP - Reviews 2016

As a fyi with wallet holster if the gun is complety covered it is AOW if you can see the slide etc then normal not a AOW ..The whole point of that part of AOW is the hidden firearm part ie you can say yes that is a gun I can see the slide ..Same reason most pen guns etc are AOW they dont look like guns
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    As a fyi with wallet holster if the gun is complety covered it is AOW if you can see the slide etc then normal not a AOW ..The whole point of that part of AOW is the hidden firearm part ie you can say yes that is a gun I can see the slide ..Same reason most pen guns etc are AOW they dont look like guns
    I may be wrong but the ATF doesn't say that. All they say is disguises the appearance of the gun and can be fired without removing it. I think the only reason the slide shows on autos is so it can cycle. Here is the paper about the law https://www.atf.gov/file/56386/download

Quote Originally Posted by Cippee View Post
    Also this site they talk about how wallet holsters are illegal The 3 Best Pocket Holsters for Ruger LCP - Reviews 2016
    However, the DeSantis Pocket Shot is as close as you can get to an old fashioned wallet holster and still be legal. The Pocket Shot covers most of the frame of your LCP, and allows free movement of the visible slide, and access to the trigger.

It appears that some of the wallet holsters are legal according to the article.

However, the DeSantis Pocket Shot is as close as you can get to an old fashioned wallet holster and still be legal. The Pocket Shot covers most of the frame of your LCP, and allows free movement of the visible slide, and access to the trigger.

It appears that some of the wallet holsters are legal according to the article.
    Yeah some are legal I think the big thing is the cutout for the trigger. I think the ones that just don't cover the trigger area are fine. The ones that go over the trigger but have a cutout I think are the ones that need a tax stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippee View Post
    Yeah some are legal I think the big thing is the cutout for the trigger. I think the ones that just don't cover the trigger area are fine. The ones that go over the trigger but have a cutout I think are the ones that need a tax stamp.
    Government stupidity at its finest...

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links