Want to help victims of Hurricane Harvey? Lets do this together!!!!

This is a discussion on Want to help victims of Hurricane Harvey? Lets do this together!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We, as a community, have always rallied for or fellow members, spiritually, and even financially. We have always been a family. But sometimes, things that ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 3 Post By sammeow
  • 2 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By awanatech

Thread: Want to help victims of Hurricane Harvey? Lets do this together!!!!

VIP Member

We, as a community, have always rallied for or fellow members, spiritually, and even financially. We have always been a family. But sometimes, things that hapopen are bigger than we could ever be, and it is up to us to stand up, take as big of a bite as we can, and do the best we can.

Texas has been literally destroyed by Hurricane Harvey, and hundreds of thousands are with out food, shelter and basic necessities of life. We cannot make this go away, but we can help. And i have a way.... A local food pantry has already started sending 18 wheelers of food and sundries to texas. No big deal right? A lot of places are helping.... Here is the big deal. They have not pledged this to last until it is forgotten , yet lives are still in ruin. They have pledged, as long as they have the funds, supplies and volunteers, an 18 wheeler of necessities, every week, ...for the next 6 months. This is huge ...monumental...Daunting. And I want to be a part of it, and pull in anyone else I can to help. So here is the plan...

I have created a go fund me, that i will manage on behalf of everyone here. Through the go fund me, we can collect donations, which I will personally withdraw and deliver to the food bank. At all times, accountability will be maintained. All withdrawals will be posted with the amount donated, and a receipt will be posted from the food bank verifying the money was received. I have volunteered to do this , as the food pantry is local to me. I spoke with the Pantry after work, and have decided, based on our conversdation, that monetary donation will best serve our purpose. Thery have all kinds of supplies coming in , bu they are able to obtain supplies that much be purchased at a much better cost than a private individual due to their tax exempt status. Also equally important, their are financial hurdles aside from supplies,....fuel for trucks, materials for boxes and packaging, logistic requirements...all of this costs money and is a necessity for the greater good. They are doing a wonderful thing, and have the ability to make a huge impact. I set a goal of $1000 dollars. I think we can blow this out of the park if we try hard enough.

So there it is, my master plan. All updates will be posted in this thread once it is stickied. Please ask questions if you have them... feel free to message me directly if you need or want to. Thank you everyone. This is what makes me want to do these things, knowing that we are a family of like minds. God Bless!!!

Go fund me link :

www.gofundme.com/4c4ogk0

Mods, if this coukld be stickied for a while that would be super appreciated.
    Cricket likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The more relief, the better. Good for ya!

I, directly and indirectly, support the Disaster Relief Efforts of the SBC Disaster Relief teams. Beginning yesterday (Tuesday) our units began providing up to 350,000 meals per day through the many mobile units distributed throughout the coastal areas.
    They provide meals not only to victims but to all the many volunteers that are there. It's not search and rescue. It is providing for people.
    Taurahe, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    The more relief, the better. Good for ya!

I, directly and indirectly, support the Disaster Relief Efforts of the SBC Disaster Relief teams. Beginning yesterday (Tuesday) our units began providing up to 350,000 meals per day through the many mobile units distributed throughout the coastal areas.
    They provide meals not only to victims but to all the many volunteers that are there. It's not search and rescue. It is providing for people.
    That is absolutely awesome to hear. There are many fine organizations working to help those in this desperate hour of need

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

VIP Member
    I'm in.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    Update:
    I have requested the first withdrawal of donations thus far. Total donation amount, after fees to Gofundme, is $400.73. I should receive the withdrawal by the 14th of September, at which point it will be directly donated to Midwest food bank electronically.

Want to help victims of Hurricane Harvey? Lets do this together!!!!-2017-09-06-2-.jpg
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.
    ~Daniel Webster

VIP Member
    Want to help victims of Hurricane Harvey? Lets do this together!!!!-screenshot-1-.jpg

Donation has been made electronically directly to Midwest food bank, in the Amount of $400.73

We havent reached the goal, and it would be awesome to surpass it. Irma is bearing down, and many more will need help. Crucial supplies sources already stretched this are going to be asked for more. I thank each and everyone of you who has donated , whether it be monetarily, physically or a prayer. Everything matters...no donation is too small. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
    airslot likes this.
    ~Daniel Webster

We have a Midwest Food Bank here locally that we volunteer at and support. We've been working with them more during this time with Harvey and now Irma. They do amazing work at getting food and supplies to where they need to be. It's an amazing operation to see when you walk into their warehouse and see how they manage the quantity that they do.

We are also supporting a team from SBC who has been in Houston and are getting another team ready to go to Florida for Irma Relief.
    Taurahe likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    We have a Midwest Food Bank here locally that we volunteer at and support. We've been working with them more during this time with Harvey and now Irma. They do amazing work at getting food and supplies to where they need to be. It's an amazing operation to see when you walk into their warehouse and see how they manage the quantity that they do.

We are also supporting a team from SBC who has been in Houston and are getting another team ready to go to Florida for Irma Relief.
    I have never been to their facility, but they are actively invol;ved in the local area and are always on the front lines when disaster strikes. I have much respect for them, and those who help them function
    ~Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I have never been to their facility, but they are actively invol;ved in the local area and are always on the front lines when disaster strikes. I have much respect for them, and those who help them function
    I don't know how close you are to them, but if you get a chance to go help out at their warehouse, or even just to go see the operation, it is amazing logistically how they move as much donated items as they do. I'm about 20 minutes from their Atlanta (Peachtree City, GA) location. For those who don't know, Midwest Food Bank acts as a distribution hub for local food pantries and charities. They do not distribute directly to individuals, but rather they collect massive amounts of donated items from retailers and manufacturers and then distribute it to food pantries within their region. They rely heavily on volunteer help and donations. They operate with a minimal paid staff.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links