Gun thefts from unlocked vehicles - Page 4

Gun thefts from unlocked vehicles

This is a discussion on Gun thefts from unlocked vehicles within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I always lock the doors of my cars and truck. Even though I live in a very nice neighborhood it is out a little further ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Gun thefts from unlocked vehicles

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    I always lock the doors of my cars and truck. Even though I live in a very nice neighborhood it is out a little further from the city in a more rural area and my reality is; I don't trust people that I don't know-period! I don't care how nice my neighbors are, I don't know them like that and they don't know me like that. Recently, my wife got word through the neighborhood website, that people that live out this way were reporting that their cars had been broken into and that some of them even had the tailgates off the back of their trucks stolen. What? Stealing tailgates? Damn! Anyways, when I heard all of that, I no longer leave my cars or truck outside in our driveway at night. All of them are parked and locked in my garages.
    TeflonDon likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Quote Originally Posted by Kennfd View Post
    These two dirt bags used Facebook to plan their break ins. They were looking for people posting pictures of possessions or that they were away on vacation.

Couple arrested for targeting homes on social media to burglariz - WFSB 3 Connecticut
    Sarcasm. 2.2 Billion active users on FB. It is likely we might find at least one baddie in the bunch.
    Kennfd likes this.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

My buddies truck was broken into last month. It seems there is a phone app that will defeat the electronic access on a new vehicle. The VIN and code number were behind the fuel door (new f350).
    They got a backpack with a handgun and a $8k remote for a piece of hydro graphic survey equipment in it. Non of the missing property was cover by any one of three insurance policies.
    TeflonDon, msgt/ret and Militant like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    My buddies truck was broken into last month. It seems there is a phone app that will defeat the electronic access on a new vehicle. The VIN and code number were behind the fuel door (new f350).
    They got a backpack with a handgun and a $8k remote for a piece of hydro graphic survey equipment in it. Non of the missing property was cover by any one of three insurance policies.
    That sucks. I changed my code on my keyless entry on my ford plus have a steel lock box locked downe to interior seat and hidden from view.

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I always lock the doors of my cars and truck. Even though I live in a very nice neighborhood it is out a little further from the city in a more rural area and my reality is; I don't trust people that I don't know-period! I don't care how nice my neighbors are, I don't know them like that and they don't know me like that. Recently, my wife got word through the neighborhood website, that people that live out this way were reporting that their cars had been broken into and that some of them even had the tailgates off the back of their trucks stolen. What? Stealing tailgates? Damn! Anyways, when I heard all of that, I no longer leave my cars or truck outside in our driveway at night. All of them are parked and locked in my garages.
    Tailgates can bring big money. They are easily damaged and can be very expensive these days. Used ones around here can be hard to come by (legitimately).

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    Tailgates can bring big money. They are easily damaged and can be very expensive these days. Used ones around here can be hard to come by (legitimately).
    I never heard of that before.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links