YouTube bans gun videos but allows bomb making videos - Page 2

YouTube bans gun videos but allows bomb making videos

This is a discussion on YouTube bans gun videos but allows bomb making videos within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Doogie Imagine your computer you are sitting at right now goes dark along with your electricity, tv, cell phone, and everything in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: YouTube bans gun videos but allows bomb making videos

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    Imagine your computer you are sitting at right now goes dark along with your electricity, tv, cell phone, and everything in your possession that has a micro chip in it. I hope you have some prepper food & water and EDCs ready to roll.
    Not to mention most vehicles on the road will be disabled. The best way to prepare for that is to have an old-school 4x4 with a distributor. I don't have one, but I have a good plan to get one once the shooting starts.
    Doogie, Instymp and msgt/ret like this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Wait until some guy who knows how breaks a bunch of laws and puts a video up of how to build a nuke.

The question will be, “Could they find it and take it down soon enough?”
    Sadly my guess is that you've never looked hard enough, or used the correct search terms. Although the directions are mostly theoretical, they are out there... Personally, I'm against any instructions, even for a simple pipe bomb being out there, but that's just a personal bias!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Youtube, google, facebook, twitter.... Simple. stop supporting them. Stop clicking on links. Stop linking to them.
    Nmuskier and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZS4 View Post
    Not to mention most vehicles on the road will be disabled. The best way to prepare for that is to have an old-school 4x4 with a distributor. I don't have one, but I have a good plan to get one once the shooting starts.
    Another reason I wish I never sold my 74 bronco.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Sadly my guess is that you've never looked hard enough, or used the correct search terms. Although the directions are mostly theoretical, they are out there... Personally, I'm against any instructions, even for a simple pipe bomb being out there, but that's just a personal bias!
    It never occurred to me that I needed to watch one. I worked on the systems that transport them for 9 years while in grad school. I had to sign a bunch of serious looking papers, while being watched by a couple of even more serious looking armed goons, saying I would never talk about what I worked on when I left.

Quote Originally Posted by Instymp View Post
    Another reason I wish I never sold my 74 bronco.
    I have something even better. My neighbors have horses which won't be disabled by an EMP blast. Or if they are, then I will have bigger problems.
    G26Raven and OldChap like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    All I have to do is keep wearing my tin foil hat and I'll be fine.
    You just gave me an idea, and I see a business opportunity - The Tin Foil Hat Store.

"I'll have the No. 2 hat, please, with extra tin, no onions."

It could work.

I haven't looked but somebody probably beat me to it, on the Net, of course.

I'm only half kidding, but I don't know which half...
    G26Raven and OldChap like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Back in the last century during my high school days I learned how to make black powder from an encyclopedia (remember those), I bought the potassium nitrate and sulfur from the drugstore in town and made my own charcoal. I even ordered a manual on homemade fireworks with a coupon on the back of a comic book and I still have all my fingers.
    OldChap, rstickle and BigJon10125 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I am absolutely astonished.

On any given day there are almost 300,000 videos on YouTube providing step-by-step instructions how to construct bombs–pipe bombs, pressure cooker bombs, you name the type.

YouTube Bans Firearm Content While Leaving Hundreds of Bomb-Making Videos - The Truth About Guns
    Another article that is sensationalism at it's best to meet some narrow agenda. There's thousands of you tube channels and vids up even today that involve firearms demonstrations, use of firearms etc. [ including my own, which is still up, and not one of the vids has been removed ].
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Back in the last century during my high school days I learned how to make black powder from an encyclopedia (remember those), I bought the potassium nitrate and sulfur from the drugstore in town and made my own charcoal. I even ordered a manual on homemade fireworks with a coupon on the back of a comic book and I still have all my fingers.
    That would imply you can count to ten. Pictures or it didn't happen.
    msgt/ret and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Youtube will continue to allow bomb making instructional after what happened when a muslim vegan iranian chick went postal since they demonetized her PETA youtube
    msgt/ret, gasmitty and G26Raven like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    Wouldn't it be ironic if the Iranian You Tube shooter had used a bomb she learned to make from YT videos?
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Senior Moderator
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Saying this as nicely as I can... You're very lucky, could have gone a different way.

I was up home one weekend during the second part of EOD School, and I went to see a high school friend I hadn't seen since going in the Army (about 2 1/2 years previously). I noticed he had a partial loss of two fingers on his left hand, asked him what happened, and he replied he was trying to make his own black powder, and wasn't sure what he did wrong. What made it more ironic he was the buddy I spent a lot of time with playing with firecrackers, cherry bombs, and M-80s... (After a few questions, I was able to explain what I thought he might have done wrong.)
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

About bomb instructions being banned on Youtube...I don't think YouTube would be particularly good in distinguishing that. What's a prank, what's a firecracker, what's a bomb? I'm sure they are well defined terms for some people, but I'm also pretty sure that "some people" isn't your quick-clicking YouTube intern in charge of censorship. In view of the fact that they are unlikely to be good at the job, I'd rather let federal law decide what can be shown, as then it can be debated and defended by both sides. If not any potential viewer will just find it elsewhere on the web, without the peer review of up/down votes and comments.

I imagine that the crowd here might be a bit older and/or not interested in the meme war or YouTube pop culture (#FreeKekistan), but Markus Meechum (aka Count Dankula, the comedian convicted of causing offence in Scotland) posted a video on free speech and it reminded be a lot of the YouTube "banning" guns topic. It's really similar to my point of view on the topic of why censorship of gun content in YouTube is probably the biggest blow to the strength of the 2A in a long time (to what extent is yet to be seen). Having moved back to the US from Europe, had it not been for YouTube I really doubt I would have ever became so passionate about firearms or understood their importance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links