This guy should teach parenting

This is a discussion on This guy should teach parenting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Father says he did his duty" The father said he called police because he was concerned for his sonís safety, as well as those from ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: This guy should teach parenting

"Father says he did his duty"

The father said he called police because he was concerned for his sonís safety, as well as those from whom his son was stealing.

"Pretty hard for me to do," Theodis Daniel told KEYE.

"This is Texas,Ē he explained. ďIf you break into someone's car, they will handle you. I didn't need someone shooting my son. I didn't need my son shooting him, or going on a high speed chase killing himself or other people. He was compromising people's safety and his own."

Theodis Daniel said it was his duty as a veteran to turn his son in to authorities, KEYE reported.
    Thank you Sir
    flh, Texas Red, Brad426 and 11 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    I've heard of people calling the police on their kid and got criticized for doing so. Catch-22?
    ďIt is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.Ē ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

VIP Member
    I was friends with a girl in high school whose father was the chief of police. He told her that if she ever got caught doing stuff and ended up in jail, she was stuck there. After who, who was she going to call?

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    I wonder if his stupid kid will ever realize what a good father he has
    airslot and Doogie like this.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    I was friends with a girl in high school whose father was the chief of police. He told her that if she ever got caught doing stuff and ended up in jail, she was stuck there. After who, who was she going to call?
    It's funny that you mention that. When I was growing up, I had a good friend whose dad was the chief of police in a nearby city. He had pretty much told both of his kids the same thing. I remember one time we were riding with my friends mom, the wife of the chief. She got pulled over for speeding in that city by an officer who didn't recognize her car. Once the officer came to the window, he realized who she was. So he went back to his patrol car and radio'd the chief to see how he should handle it. Meanwhile, she called him on her cell phone. The chief's response to each was the same. He asked if she was really speeding? Both her and the officer answered yes. So the chief told the officer to treat it as any speeding stop and she needed a ticket. Of course, the officers had discretion to give a warning if they felt it justified. However, the chief felt like if she was going to speed in the city, she couldn't use him to get out of it. He felt like it reflected badly on him that she felt like it was ok to break the law and call him to get her out of it. She was livid, but we thought it was hilarious.

My dad always told me that if I get caught doing something wrong I would have to suffer the consequences. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    airslot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Oh, but he was such a good kid! He just needed the money and how else was he to get it? He was just upset that his friend was going to jail and he committed the crime just so he could join his friend in jail. Yada yada yada.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Oh, but he was such a good kid! He just needed the money and how else was he to get it? He was just upset that his friend was going to jail and he committed the crime just so he could join his friend in jail. Yada yada yada.
    Did we read the same article?
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

He did the responsible thing. Sometimes parents have to make hard choices. He chose rightly.
    airslot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duane_wade_1 View Post
    My dad always told me that if I get caught doing something wrong I would have to suffer the consequences. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I told my daughters the same thing when they were starting to enter their teenage years. I don't think I had to do that because I was a pretty strict disciplinarian but I did anyway just so they would know that there were going to be consequences for their actions. They both grew up to be responsible and wonderful ladies with families of their own. And to this day, the four of us (mom, dad, and their two girls) are still just as close and tight as we were when they were young.

Raise them right and they will turn out right.
    airslot likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Here's another side to that coin. After I had left home for school, my younger brother was left. He had always struggled but was harmless. My mother suspected he was using marijuana (of all things!). In her "caring" way, she called the police and gave them permission to search the house. Of course, they found marijuana.

They threatened my brother with jail if he didn't become an informant, which he did. He was discovered by the bad guys and threatened with death. Terrified, he dropped out of high school and fled his hometown. His life was basically ruined after that.

His life may not have turned out that great anyway, but this sure accelerated the process.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    Here's another side to that coin. After I had left home for school, my younger brother was left. He had always struggled but was harmless. My mother suspected he was using marijuana (of all things!). In her "caring" way, she called the police and gave them permission to search the house. Of course, they found marijuana.

They threatened my brother with jail if he didn't become an informant, which he did. He was discovered by the bad guys and threatened with death. Terrified, he dropped out of high school and fled his hometown. His life was basically ruined after that.

His life may not have turned out that great anyway, but this sure accelerated the process.
    Wow, that is one depressing tale.... wow.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I would share my bourbon with that dad, gladly!
    airslot and bill35738 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post

I don't blame the mom one bit. The cops, on the other hand...
    airslot and bill35738 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

That sure beats the enabler who does everything possible to keep their kid from suffering consequences then bemoans the fact that they have no respect for authority. This kid knows, guaranteed!
    airslot likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links